Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT) >

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

Old 10-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for that compliment. I was the RD for the gas quals at Canby. I just try to announce a race like I like to hear it if I were racing in it.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

As one of the guys that has to do a ton of travelling to get to most of the NCT events I have to agree with Ryan to a point. Electrics do have their own series so why can't gas?

It is not only the point of getting done late in the evening on Sunday, but compound that by a guaranteed late night Saturday to get all the qualifiers in and you either have to drive several hours to get home in time for work on Monday or you also take that day off and spend and extra $50-$75 for another nights stay. It would truly be a tragedy to have somebody get killed in an accident trying to drive home after a long weekend of racing because they were exhausted and fell asleep behind the wheel.

If you look at the breakdown of entries you will see who is supporting this series. Below is a list of the classes offered with the first number being total number of racers who raced at least once in that class this year. The second number is the number of racers who raced the minimum 4 races to actually be in the points race as a series. They are listed from largest number to smallest by series entrants:

1/8 scale buggy: 116/38
1/8 Stadium Truck: 70/25
Super Monster Truck: 47/15
Gas Truck: 54/12
4wd mod: 38/9
Stock Truck: 26/8
Mod Buggy: 24/6
Mod Truck: 21/5

I think it is pretty clear who is supporting this series. I hate to say it, but due to my experiences this year I will not attend some of the races I did last year due to how late things wrapped up.

For winter I am considering picking up an electric onroad car and doing some carpet racing since nitro's are not allowed in most indoor facilities fairly close to where I live. Am I going to go there and bitch about the fact I can't run my nitro 1/8 scale......nope. Just like electric guys shouldn't worry about running the summer nitro series. Pick up a nitro vehicle and have some real fun

Glenn
Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Sorry we wont see you Glenn, it was nice meeting you and everyone else that supported me throughout this Year....

BTW - Already got my Gas rig!!! Trying to start it now, think I have a hung brush
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

May I suggest that the NCT offer some sort of rotation for the races. Chang two tracks every year on a vote. How do we vote you may ask? Pretty simple the races with two lowest event turn outs every year are shuffled out and get in line to bid for the "wild card" positions the next year. There are more then enough raceways out there that would be cool to race at and would love to see be a part of the series! That way the raceways will try even harder to stay in and get that big turn out!!! Using entry count also proves what races the racers want to go to... don't forget about the racers... you know the people paying to race this series!

For example I am sure Walla Walla deserves a race next year and the racers would agree hands down but is there room for them with out a shuffle? If no shuffle what race gets the boot?

Not trying to ruffle feathers just asking questions
Old 10-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Mike already said in his first post Clarkston is out and Walla Walla is taking thier spot.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Why not get a competant race director that can get a race done in a timely fashion?? 200 entries should be NO issue to get done before the sun goes down.

No offense to who ever ran races this year at the NCT races, but Canby and Walla Walla got the job done with no problem... And god I hate to lump brian phillips in with the "competant crowd".

I think a commen race director should be required, or the hosting tracks that have been a problem last year, and over the years need to out source a race director that knows what they are doing and can get it done... Either way, the race director needs to be some one who is known to get the show done and has gotten it done many times....

cutting classes, or capping entries should not be a part of the solution, if you do that, you cut back on the possibility to grow...

I realize that computer issues happen, how ever, a slow and unexperianced race director is still going to take forever, Even if you lose an hour to computer issues, you should still have plenty of time, and not be forced to stay past midnight, or reduce qualifying rounds or main lengths.....

Numbers on race entries are going to grow when people realize that you can go to a race with 200 entries and not have to hang out at the track from 8am - midnight waiting to run 3 times..........If that!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Clarkston proved what they can do on Sunday, we were done real fast!!!!!

Saturday PC problems and even your NCT Director (to some tried to change everything this Year) ran back and forth to his motel room downloading drivers for the printer and trying to troubleshoot it..

I dont care what anyone says, Clarkston was a blast and has an awesome facility and just had some issues on Saturday!!!

In the end everyone had nothing bad to say on thier thread so that says something!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Dave,

You will still see me at some of the races, just gonna be a little more picky about the ones I choose to go to. Mostly travel time will be the deciding factor.

Don't forget to get a tire shaver for that gas rig as well. Looks like a foam tire one but on a much larger scale. They are hard to find but well worth it when you do
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Glad tto hear Glenn! You guys were way cool!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

I vote for a George Cherry Look a Like contest!

if you don't know what Goerge Cherry looks like just look at Mike Dana and add a few years and take away a few pounds!

Actually as far as electric goes I think there should be a few changes made.

1- No more splitting them up at any track. We use qual points so if the track gets rough then who cares!! This makes it easier to work on your car and charge batteries. It also will open up a few gas racers to run in the classes. I know that at Walla Walla the only people i had to wait for were electric racers because there simply was not enough time at all!!

2- Get rid of stock! Make Modified and Pro Stock! Anyone who was at the first round of the ECT saw how cool a 19 turn class actually can be. With the size of the tracks that the NCT races on stock is a tad slow! I know because I raced em! This way you can allow the 13.5 also because that motor is way to fast to be a stock motor but not quite a 19 turn!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

chris, handle your boy already.....
Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Mike "handle" your own boy K!!!! I have a gf for mine!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thats right we had few problems with the pc still got done by dark on sunday even with run one round of gas quilifing on sunday I feel that the Clarkston race should not be ruled out I will be at the meeting to voice my apopion with Rick,Jody and Larry wiil be there as well we should not be put back because of some problems we had I feel we did a great job and we should still be a part of the NCT I think a big majority of the racers will agree.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Dwayne
Thats right we had few problems with the pc still got done by dark on sunday even with run one round of gas quilifing on sunday I feel that the Clarkston race should not be ruled out I will be at the meeting to voice my apopion with Rick,Jody and Larry wiil be there as well we should not be put back because of some problems we had I feel we did a great job and we should still be a part of the NCT I think a big majority of the racers will agree.

I agree with you Dude
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Drop electrics???? Are you nuts???
Some Facts.
Glen, your numbers are not complete. like there are ony 7 stk trucks with points at round 6, there were at least 16.
Brian, what makes the difference if they are split up for qualifying??
Dropping certain electric classes to make more room for gas?? still the same amount of heats.... same amount of time.
Chris, some tracks actually have DIRT, and have to do some sort of maintenence during the day. Maintenance takes time.
There is an electric series, there is also a gas series, neither one has anything to do with the NCT.

28% of the entries at the Spring Shoot-out were Electric. HMMMM They do definatly help "pay the bills"

I realize the posts here are ideas, and opinions, this is not bashing anyone, or anything other than facts.
Just for the record, the 2007 Spring Shoot-Out will not run late on Sunday as it did this year. We had 2 issues that caused us to get behind on saturday, which killed us on sunday neither of which had anything to do with the race director. I do appologize to those that it inconvienced. Those problems have been solved, and we will be back on schedule as in ALL the past years of The Spring Shoot-Out.

Oh yeah, Mike, Welcome back Sucker

Corey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.