Wiki Posts
Search

Puyallup Race 2003

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up Puyallup Race 2003

Okay, here are the basics for the Puyallup. Please note the dates.

On Jan 14th, Tuesday, next week, we will be accepting entries for the NW Expo race in Puyallup on Feb. 1 & 2, 2003. It will be on a first come basis.
You can e-mail, call, or come into the shop to sign up. Then you’ll have a week, or 7 days, to pay for your entries.
If we don’t receive them, your place will be given to the next person on the waiting list.
I’ve had to do this because of the incredible response to this race. It’s a blast! And last year it was filled before I even got the flyers out.

This will be one of the ONLY races around where racers will actually SIGN up and PAY ahead of time!

We’ll still need help setting up on Fri.-those folks will also have to sign up and pay. Let me know if you can help. We also will need some trucks to move pipes, carpet etc. More on that later.

We have more tables, but the # of spots is still about the same. I’m planning on about 60.

For those who don’t know, it’s an Expo, swap meet, RC of ALL kinds, planes, boats, cars, and more. Manuf. Distributors, displays and exhibits.
Check out their site www.nwmodelexpo.com for more info, directions or whatever.
It’s a really cramped pit area, we’re talking 14” per person/ lots of people/ a small track/ and racing before a cheering crowd. Who wouldn’t want to be there!

Classes:
1/12 stock and mod (if enough mod-at least 6)
team trucks=spec motor=green foams
touring mod=open motor=foams
all the rest on rubber
19T, stock=open, stock spec, wild ones, micros, minis

I hope to have the entry on our sight tomorrow, if all goes well, to give you all the rest of the info.

Please don’t call now, or sign up early. I am not accepting any entries. Only One thousand dollar bills. Just kidding! Maybe

Later, deb
Old 01-07-2003, 02:09 PM

ALRIGHT! I can't wait. The race is so much fun.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SWEET! I think I'm gonna try and come out and race in open stock.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-07-2003, 05:41 PM

i guess i need to to put the off road on hold and come practice
Old 01-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Ah-nuts! This event would have been yet one more reason to get an on-road car! . . .But I will be out of town on my Honeymoon, Waaa-hooo! As much as I would love to be there and give some support, and while you folks are sitting in a cold cramped pit wondering what tires to run, I'll be sipping Ice cold (maybe blended) drinks on the white sands of Ixtapa Mexico where it is currently 89 degrees. The road car will have to wait untill my return.

Well with that said and done, Good luck to everyone and even if the pits are crammed and cold I'm sure a good time will be had by all!!
Old 01-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Deb....

Hi Deb, I'm really looking forward to racing there again this year. I had a couple questions. In Open stock, is it all on rubber, any tire, any insert, any stock motor? Or is it on foams or rubber like it was last year? Also, spec stock, is that the P2K, with take off 27's?

Thanks,

-Brett
Old 01-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Regional Moderator

I'm planning on going to this fine event. Just need to know more info on open stock and spec stock so I know what tires and motors to get.

I do wish there was more R/C racing stuff at this swap meet and Expo last year it was almost all trains and planes.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:28 PM

its always mostly trains and planes. if i where you i wouldn't worry about the stock stuff tim, while you can haul the mail in off road ,,,,, well just me say i've seen you drive on road maybe you should consider novis instead, just kidding. i haven't decided if i'm gonna try and race yet (with all the fast guys at the fair its easy pickins at trcr) but i'll be there to help setup friday.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

I am hoping on attending the event and racing some Mod Sedan.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

yahoo, raincityraceway.com is back up! thank you Josh. The entry yahoo, raincityraceway.com is back up! thank you Josh. The entry should be posted sometime today. These things always have a few glitches.

Looks like the server for this site-rctech.net is also having issues- so I want to get this stuff posted and hopefully answer some questions.
Let's keep all the motors and batts roar approved. Would like this to be a fun and easy event. Even if you have a brushless motor, let's use some common sense. hahahaha anyway-

Open Stock=any motor, any RUBBER tires. Sorex, pits, take-offs. Rubber rule also applies to 19T.

Stock Spec-any P2K motor, and 27 cmpd of take offs.

At our club races, we will be using spec brushes and springs-but for the Expo, we will allow any brushes/springs.
PLEASE NOTE-the spec class is for the average sportsman-like racer.
Wild ones/novice need a STOCK motor and rubber tires.

The only classes using foams are open mod, (you can run rubber if you want, yeah sure) team trucks-green cmpd is what we are using-and of course 12th scale.

Our 12th scale is really picking up. Stock and mod-shouldn't be a problem filling both classes-but we need at least 6-8 for mod.

We are using the personal transponders-so if you haven't got one yet, it is sooooo much easier for everyone!

Hope this answers some questions. $20 first class and $5 for second. Trophies are being planned and give aways.

Please sign up the classes you WANT to race. I hope to have some micros/minis and some fun stuff to show folks some of the cute little baby cars! Some of those will be just for fun and there MAY not be a charge. But then again, you may not run ALL the qualifiers.

Remember this is a FUN race-folks from all over like to come herel-to visit-trade stuff/sell stuff and have a good time.

talk soon...
Old 01-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Hi deb just thought id post here also for our racers from down here

please sign up ron smith, doug amande, chris farman, ryan richison for open stock. and ron smith in mod also,

just in case please sign up also steve rubart open stock
chad kramer mod and james paulson in mod

thanks Ron Smith team RCPLUS
Old 01-14-2003, 09:31 AM

" You can e-mail, call, or come into the shop to sign up. Then you’ll have a week, or 7 days, to pay for your entries. "
Old 01-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Got you and your buds Ron. Glad you'll be making it.

All track owners-clubs etc.
Be sure to bring flyers and pix and or a video of your track? I hope to have a little portable tv for folks to see what's going on.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Thanks deb you do wo(man)
Old 01-14-2003, 06:37 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

I was looking around for an e-mail address. The only one I found was [email protected]. Hopefully it was the right one because I sent in my signup to it.

Incase it didn't make it, I would like to run in stock spec and micro and I will be showing up at the Fairgrounds around 1:30pm on Friday to help setup.

David Leister

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.