Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
***Rose Cup Weekend***Free Open Track*** >

***Rose Cup Weekend***Free Open Track***

***Rose Cup Weekend***Free Open Track***

Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Rob, just finished it, your Atlas EVO 19T is ready to rock!

Dom
p.s. If you pull me on HP, I want it back!
yeah thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

19T's I think I have enough for the entire class to run. If anyone needs a 19t motor for the weekend see me on Saterday and we can gat you hooked up, buy me lunch and you can probably keep the motor. Im a cheap whore dinner and I give it up.

Chad

BTW nobodies paint job will come anywhere close to mine at this race.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadK
19T's I think I have enough for the entire class to run. If anyone needs a 19t motor for the weekend see me on Saterday and we can gat you hooked up, buy me lunch and you can probably keep the motor. Im a cheap whore dinner and I give it up.

Chad

BTW nobodies paint job will come anywhere close to mine at this race.

Now, that's the Chad that we all know!

I don't know, I have a couple Team Ghost bodies, but I'll have to take the stickers off to compete with yours.

Dom
Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Man alive, it's quiet in here !!

Big w/end comin' up and no gossip, what's going on ?

JAcko
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

I'm in seclusion doing the zen thing. Trying to visulize actually finishing a main. Hmmmm....Hmmmmm....Hmmmm. Oh who am I kidding I'm watching Baywatch. Sweet silicone. Not just for windows anymore.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

I've been procrastinating hardcore.... Trying to get 2 cars going isn't fun.... So I took a nap, just woke up... well actually woke up and saw a bit of Skinamax (you know it is Friday night), I just BS'ed with Tom on the phone for like 20 mins, now here online.... I think by midnight I should be able to get all the tools out of the bag and start wrenching.

Dom
Old 06-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

What a luverly day at the track. Great turn out. Mike's w/shop amazed the eager crowd with its mass information. Chad's motor session exhausted every possibility for extracting the max from a motor; everybody was going at least 1 second a lap faster with the valuable knowledge imparted by the guru.

Super track, looked mundane laying it out, but it's revealed itself to have many a fine curve to negotiate.

Let the sunshine on us tomorrow.

Jacko
Old 06-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Absolutely! The clinic was awesome. I feel that after the clinic, everyone's driving has stepped up since last club race. It was Mike's idea to do the clinic and he did a great job hosting as well. Thanks Mike!

And Chad's motor clinic was absolutely AWESOME! I can tell you one thing, I had learned more today about electric motors then I have had in last 3 years. Thanks Chad!

Tons of practice today, everyone was laughing and having fun, good times!

So far after Round 1, TQ:

Stock rubber - don't know
19T rubber - Rick on foam, Dom on rubber
1/8th gas - Earboy
1/10th gas - Dom

We have also several out of towners running as well. Best turnout we've seen so far this year!

Dom
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 PM
RWD
Tech Adept

Thanks Mike, Fred, Dom and Chad. I appreciate the help and learned a lot! The entry fee to learn from you guys was the best bargain around, hands down. Found the most important thing I brought to the track today was a pair of ears. Look forward to tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Suspended

Yeah it was a very nice day today! Here's a couple of action shots I took. I will focus more on people shots tomorrrow. Hal Hudson was another photographer out there tosay. Hopefully he will post some pics too.
Attached Thumbnails ***Rose Cup Weekend***Free Open Track***-2-001.jpg   ***Rose Cup Weekend***Free Open Track***-2-003.jpg  
Old 06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Awesome day. Thanks Mike, Dom, Darrell and Chad for your valuable time, knowledge and experience.

Stayed late with Mike helping me on my driving and tuned the two-speed shift clutch. My driving skills improved 100% in that final session thanks to Mike's great advice. I'll probably be setting the TQ time tomorrow...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Suspended

Yeah I agree the clinic info was great because the information was so much easier to understand when i can see it actually performed in front of me like the lathe demonstartion.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RWD
Thanks Mike, Fred, Dom and Chad. I appreciate the help and learned a lot! The entry fee to learn from you guys was the best bargain around, hands down. Found the most important thing I brought to the track today was a pair of ears. Look forward to tomorrow.
Richard, you are very welcome! I just wish every single day event is like Rose Cup, we had ample time to help, teach and expecially to coach. You brough a pair of ears and you definitely listened well! I only coached you on how to drive a gas car for like 4 laps and you were already doing it after I gave the radio back to you, good job! Unfortunately regular club race is just too hectic to do all the stuff we can do today. I hope your early season frustration on setup and motor is well behind us now! I'm glad you didn't quit Richard, your stubborness to stick with it, is starting to pay off now!

Dom
Old 06-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
Awesome day. Thanks Mike, Dom, Darrell and Chad for your valuable time, knowledge and experience.

Stayed late with Mike helping me on my driving and tuned the two-speed shift clutch. My driving skills improved 100% in that final session thanks to Mike's great advice. I'll probably be setting the TQ time tomorrow...
Roger, your heat was awesome! I have never seen you drive so well EVER!!!! You were dicing with Tom, that was fun to watch! Keep up the good work..... and yeah, running on a tight carpet track helps!

Dom
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
Yeah it was a very nice day today! Here's a couple of action shots I took. I will focus more on people shots tomorrrow. Hal Hudson was another photographer out there tosay. Hopefully he will post some pics too.
Rob, again very cool pics! Hal Hudson, the name sounds familiar....

Dom