Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shnoo

Orting Track Interest?

Old 10-31-2019, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Orting Track Interest?

Hey!

I love racing, but being in the Bonney Lake/Orting area all the tracks are pretty far and my ability to go is quite restricted because of that.

Would there be any interest in an indoor clay or dirt track in the Orting area? Could do a monthly membership to keep the lights on. Nothing fancy, just an indoor track with some light and heat. With enough interest we could get it possible built in the Tehaleh development and maybe get some help from them.

Thoughts? Is this a crazy idea that could never grab interest, or is it feasible?

If itís too wild Iíll keep driving 45 minutes each way (I know thatís not crazy far, but closer is always better)
Old 11-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I donít think any indoor track other than TRCR will gather significant attention in the southend. Even TRCR occasionally struggles with race entries and the monthly membership platform turns people away.

If the track was in the Everett area, that would be different, but I canít see this coming to life.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by purplerain View Post
I donít think any indoor track other than TRCR will gather significant attention in the southend. Even TRCR occasionally struggles with race entries and the monthly membership platform turns people away.

If the track was in the Everett area, that would be different, but I canít see this coming to life.
Good point, everett would be too far for me to ever be able to help out or work on it. What about something along the lines of the SeaTac park rc track? With enough support maybe we could get a local park to even maintain it and help with the process if thereís enough interest in it coming to life.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The off road track already exists at Seatac, right next door to the on-road track. Built. Ready. Enjoy. There is no power. But it's available to use 24/7/365. There is currently no organized racing, though.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by purplerain View Post

You mean like J&S in Marysville?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

id be interested in something in orting area or graham/south hill.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CH3NO2_Junkie View Post
id be interested in something in orting area or graham/south hill.
Well... took a few months but wooo! Another person!
Old 01-19-2020, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Same here,
Old 01-21-2020, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Same here,
And then there was 3
Old 01-22-2020, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default orting track

Sounds great In the meantime, bite the bullet and support existing tracks/programs. I feel you on the miles. I am 2 hours from either of my two favorite tracks, Seattle RC and Rose City Scale Racers. My I also suggest that if space permits, design something that incorporates a full oval on the outside combined with configurable infield for jumps and crap. Personally, I don't run offroad (only because I suck at it) but I would start building a car today if there was a dirt oval sprint car track in this part of the state.

Good luck
Old 01-29-2020, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KarpetRCR View Post
Sounds great In the meantime, bite the bullet and support existing tracks/programs. I feel you on the miles. I am 2 hours from either of my two favorite tracks, Seattle RC and Rose City Scale Racers. My I also suggest that if space permits, design something that incorporates a full oval on the outside combined with configurable infield for jumps and crap. Personally, I don't run offroad (only because I suck at it) but I would start building a car today if there was a dirt oval sprint car track in this part of the state.

Good luck
Oh for sure, Iím at TCRC every week or so! Interesting idea on the oval, Ill keep that in mind. Iím constantly looking for a place to do it that would be low enough cost, donít care about or need profits as long as all the racers help out. Outdoor would save a lot on costs.

Stay tuned and up to date here! Let me know if you have any other ideas, the hunt continues, may possibly startup creation in spring if a location is found and support continues to build!
idlecurrent likes this.