Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA >

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Like Tree94Likes

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Old 09-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all. Sunday night one of our racers had a member of their household test positive for COVID. The racer themselves is still negative for any symptoms so was likey not a carrier at the time of racing, but we wanted to be sure you were all aware. The odds of any sort of transmission to any of us are minimal (outdoors, masks, distance in the pit areas, etc), but please watch yourself for any symptoms.

-C
Old 09-28-2021, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default shirts

[QUOTE=Allkair;15820983]Racing is looking decent tomorrow, should be in the low 70's with a very small chance of rain early, and some clouds. In any case, it should make for a good race day.

Trying to figure out how we can get our shirts down south. never was able to make another on road race this season. Is there somewhere i can send address and shipping info (ie, an account to charge the shipping?) Julian has also reached out to me to see if i can get him his shirt/s.
pm me for contact info and shuipping account info.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good Afternoon!
It's been a while, and I hope you have all found some activities to keep your throttle fingers in shape for this season. While things may still change, as the bill does not come for another week or two, we do have signed paperwork of intent for the following dates at Edmonds Woodway High School:
4/24
5/8
5/22
6/5
6/19 - Fathers Day
7/3 - Independence Day Eve
7/17
7/24
7/31 - TCS
8/14
8/21 - 8/28 - 9/4 These last three will be approved later in the season and we have not yet signed paperwork for them.

To my understanding, all of our dates are all for use of the south lot, near the tennis courts/hospital. So hopefully no moving back and forth this year. Also, remember that dates may still be canceled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. To make room for some conflicts with baseball events that the school has planned we may need to shift our parking to more of a North-South layout than we have done in the past, but we will still have that area closest to the track for those that need it.

Rates are still $10 per class you race.

Rules still follow the guidelines of TCS (https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules/), but as always on normal club race days you are welcome to run other chassis, and different motors, and tires, just be sure to keep to the heart of the rules and if the class calls for a 21.5 motor, run a 21.5 motor. Also with how many we gave out last year at TCS I would also love to see a full class of the Comical cars running.
So, what about masks? Last night the Edmonds School District removed mandatory masking rules for both indoor and outdoor effective Monday 3/14. This means unless things change again, that masking will be optional. If you prefer to wear a mask in your pit or on the stand, please do. Your choices for safety and comfort when you are around others are up to you. Remember we are here to have fun, so please make the choice that is best for you. Also, remember to keep others safe and if you are feeling ill, please stay home and then join us when you feel better.

There will be more details as things get closer, and I will cross-post this message on FB and RC Tech, so I apologize for the duplication. Should you have any questions just let me know.

Thank you,
Collin
hanulec and JeffofSpace like this.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

A couple more notes:
I just chatted with Tamiya about the rules for Euro Truck and they did add the new kit supplied ESC's to the rules. The new Euro Truck kits have a Hobbywing ESC with a Tamiya Blue heatsink. Lou, brought this to my attention so we got that resolved. Also while looking at the rules for Euro they added XT60 connectors as legal, it has been in there for a couple of versions, but I just noticed so I thought I would call it out. Anyway, this is more of a reminder that the rules do evolve, so always keep an eye out. Also, the PDF is usually what is the most up-to-date.

Additionally, Lou ordered the Rush tires that we are using for GT classes, including Pro Spec, so Broadway Hobbies should have them in stock in hopefully 3-4 weeks, so just before our first race.

Thanks,
Collin
Old 04-11-2022, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey All,

Just under 2-weeks away from our first outdoor race of 2022. Just a couple of reminders: At this time no masks are required, but COVID case numbers are starting to increase again so that may change. Race fees are $10 per class. All race dates are weather dependent.

Scheduled Race Dates are: 4/24, 5/8, 5/22, 6/5, 6/19, 7/3, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31 (TCS), 8/14 – We have 3 more race dates that are pending for the end of the season and one of the August races dates will be for the 2022 Mini Enduro race.

In addition to our normal TCS classes, we would love to see enough folks to run a comical class too. I know we had plenty of comical kits given away at last year’s TCS, so let’s have some fun and race them.

Hope to see you all on 4/24!
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:24 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

sold
Allkair likes this.

Last edited by OVA; 05-03-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

We are keeping our eye on the weather for Sunday. Hope to see you all on 4/24, but keep an eye out here or Facebook just to make sure we do not have to cancel.

Thanks,
Collin
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

The weather is looking great for tomorrow so it's time to send it! Race on folks! We should have the trailer on-site by 9am to start setup, the sooner things are set up the sooner we race. Remember we are down at the south lot near the tennis courts. Hope to see you all there!

Also, we have a couple of kits to talk about...

Old 05-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a class like VTA? 25.5 and vintage tires. I’ll be back in the neighborhood from AZ this month and plan to make a visit or two. Also have an MO7 and a Euro Truck to play with. Might have to detune the MO7. It has a 17.5 in it now.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Keeping a very close eye on the weather for Sunday. Things are not looking good, but we will wait until tomorrow to decide to go or cancel.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rramjet View Post
Is there a class like VTA? 25.5 and vintage tires. Iíll be back in the neighborhood from AZ this month and plan to make a visit or two. Also have an MO7 and a Euro Truck to play with. Might have to detune the MO7. It has a 17.5 in it now.
No VTA class at this moment, but if enough folks bring it we will run it.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey folks, the weather report is dubious enough that we are cancelling tomorrow's race.

See you on the 21st!
Old 05-08-2022, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
Hey folks, the weather report is dubious enough that we are cancelling tomorrow's race.

See you on the 21st!
Actually, we will see you on the 22nd and not the 21st.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allkair View Post
Actually, we will see you on the 22nd and not the 21st.
itís just numbers. Whatís the difference?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
itís just numbers. Whatís the difference?
Playing tennis vs racing RC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.