Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2018-19 ROAR Region 11 Carpet OnRoad Regional Qualifier Hosted by NORA.   Feb 16 & 17 >

2018-19 ROAR Region 11 Carpet OnRoad Regional Qualifier Hosted by NORA. Feb 16 & 17

Like Tree8Likes

2018-19 ROAR Region 11 Carpet OnRoad Regional Qualifier Hosted by NORA. Feb 16 & 17

Old 01-28-2019, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire rules for Scale Spec Touring

Originally Posted by martiniracing View Post
are non gravity rc supplied wheels allowed for usgt?

Thank you for your question... Here is the most fair answer I can give on the matter.

Our rules state that you must have a Gravity RC USGT Premount which means that if you use the Gravity USGT tire (instead of vintage tires) they must be pre-glued and premounted by Gravity on the stock wheel, with the RIDE USGT tire and with the factory insert that comes with the tire. You can also run HPI "D" compound or Protoform Vintage tires on Vintage wheels if you choose too but they are slower than the Gravity Premounted USGT Tire.

We will likely have Gravity RC USGT premounted tires available trackside for $25 a set if anyone needs them.

We do not want to see any driver (no matter what age or skill level) try to gain an advantage in the Scale Spec Class by trying to glue these on a lighter weight rim which is why we do not allow this. We let this slide in the Novice class and sometimes for Kids who are learning how to drive in the class during club races. It would however be very difficult to allow flexibility in Scale Spec Touring (or any other class) at a 2 Day Regional Race where there are increased entry fees, cost of travel, and awards at stake.

So the for this Regional race weekend... We need everyone to be adhering to the written rule and we will be enforcing the rules at pre-race tech.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

A picture of our Current track Layout on January 19th... with a few of our local club racers.

A lot of improvements this season... New Black Carpet w/ Subfloor. Improved lighting and new paint on the walls. Plus a much improved racing experience with our pits being centralized at the West end of the building.

KR145 likes this.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Jim, please also add me to GT-R.

Thanks,
Collin Miller
Old 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Will pit spaces be reserved by name or on a first-come first-served format?

George
Old 02-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Jimmy, I most likely won't be racing the Regionals anymore so you can take my name off the reserved pit list and entry. Thank You!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default The track is Prime for this coming weekend!!!

Yesterday.... went up to the fairgrounds and prepped the building for next weekends ROAR Regional Carpet OnRoad race (Feb 15th-17th). Track is cleaned up and Primed for the big event.

Despite the cold temperatures... the Building stayed pretty warm and I was moving around the building in a T Shirt and stayed warm during the day...and when the sun went down put the hoodie back on and was plenty warm.

We got a few things done today... The scoring Loop was been moved over by our computer and works flawlessly. This allows us to use the entire backstretch for starting races and will make for better starts. A new Starting grid was also laid down on the backstretch and will support an 8 car stagger start. We cleaned pipes, picked up the building and vacuumed. The Track looks Awesome :-)

This coming weekend... We are gonna make every effort to run the Regional Race. The main roads near the track were clear this morning and it would appear that the Road crews are on top of their game. It also looks like the weather pattern is going to lighten up heading into the weekend. Skagit Valley/ Mt Vernon has seen a lot less snow then some of us have gotten this week... If it snows lightly with little accumulation we will be racing this coming...Fri, Sat, Sun.

This weekend is gonna be a blast and we are looking forward to hosting next weeks Regional.

Stay tuned this week for updates and information.

See you soon.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If anyone needs a hotel room I have one reserved with an extra bed as my travel companion can no longer make it.
Facebook me or text 1-604-612-9507

Thank you
Old 02-13-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Folding Chairs needed this weekend

Attention Racers... If you are coming to race this weekend for the ROAR regional. We may need a few more chairs. If you are coming to race with and you have an extra folding chair that you could bring just in case someone needs one it would be helpful as we expecting a full house for the regional.

See you this weekend
Old 02-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Frank Bortolazzo

I won’t be able to make it can I be removing from list 21.5...
Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It's game time! Lets get it on!!!
JeffofSpace likes this.