Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oval comes to Rain City

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Lester24

Patrick, Slixx went out of business several years ago. Anything you find will probably be on ebay. John Faila at schmits does have some backstock of a few kits, not sure which ones. Autographics made some nascar stickers to, but they just got bought out and aren't available either.

Will there be oval on the 8th??? if so what time does the track open and what time to races start??????

Old 04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thankx Lester
guess I need to make my own
Time to relearn PSP again
Old 04-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Remember-no racing this Saturday the 8th. Just practice on road course.

An oval series starts next weekend-april 15th. 5 of 7 races count. Every Saturday at 1 the racing starts.
doors open at 10.
Classes are:
10th scale nascar pan oval=6 cell, Stock,
1/12th Scale, 4 cell stock, 19T

Novice pan, 6 cell stock.
Touring stock, 19T (rubber tires)
TT-01’s with Silverado truck! (of course other bodies can join in with the Silverado class, but they just aren't as cool!)
Silver cans (540J) with CS 27’s rubber tires.

Other classes are welcome if 4 or more to make a class.

And when the track changes to oval that Saturday, it will be oval for the whole week.
So get ready for some fun racing.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

I got in the oval tires! woohoo! creams and blacks to start.

Also, I haven't ordered the McAllister bodies yet. I need to order 12 at a time. So what's the hot ticket for bods that will sell, sell, sell!
Check it out and let me know.
I'll place one on Mon/Tues.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Oval this Saturday! Racing starts at 1pm.
And then the track will stay for oval that whole week afterwards till the 22nd. And then on Sunday is the Phat Tom Phigure 8 race.

See y'all here!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

So who's coming out for some oval?
I know it's Easter weekend and it's a family thing for some, but let me know if you can. Quite a few are doing the pm thing.

Roger is getting his car ready... and a few others have mentioned it.
Perry probably will be going to Peel it-but in his heart he'll be at oval!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Perry probably will be going to Peel it-but in his heart he'll be at oval! [/QUOTE]

I hope he figures out that the sweepers are clockwise!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Arrow

I just orderd a 1:12 scale OVAL car so I hope some others are ready for some 4 cell action on the track next Week.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I may come down and see what is going on. My car is still broken since I went airborne and broke my chassis on the steel I-beam on the back stretch. So, I am doubtful on running. I am trying to get things organized with my program. I hoping to get a new 1/10 chassis sometime soon and come racing. It is hard for me though. I play softball every other week on Saturdays so it makes it tough to come out. It is good to hear that things are doing good down there....

You guys still using that Jack the gripper stuff? Just wondering... It still gives me a headache and makes my eyes water... but oh well.

Hey if anyone needs any set-up help or has any RC4Less tire questions I can be reached by e-mail and would be glad help anyone out that has any questions.... My e-mail address is [email protected] anyway. Hope to make it out sometime soon.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Cool

You guys still using that Jack the gripper stuff? Just wondering... It still gives me a headache and makes my eyes water... but oh well.

I don't think it is Jack The Gripper that is causing that problem .I suffer from allergies and Jack The Gripper has no ILL effects on me unlike the OLD TQ and PARAGON in witch have chemicals that Irritate my eyes really bad .

just my 2cents
Old 04-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep... Had a pretty bad headache going while using Jack the Gripper. I will try it again and see what happends. I am curious to see if there are any other traction compounds allowed at RainCity that I could use as an alternative. I know some really like the Jack the Gripper stuff, but there is something in that bottle that doesn't agree with me personally. It is not the smell, but maybe a chemical that they use that I may have an allergy too. It is probably one of those 1 out of 10 people things. And I am the one with the problem. Maybe it will help when they come out with wand to applicate the tire softener, because using the little brush they put in there gets softener all over the place and causes a person to use more than they really need. Me personally I kind of like the smell of wintergreen over paint thinner. Just my opinion.

Anyway... I look forward to getting down there sometime soon to give Chris and Gary a run for their money. All and All it should be a good time.

Last edited by JPG333; 04-14-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Arrow NEW Traction Compounds

As I understand it the new Jack The Gripper that Debbie has is a different formula .I havent been around long enough to hav any experance with the old stugg though.

I think TQ is still OK just dont use the TQ outdoor Stuff . we had a un-named person using that a last month and it almost KILLED me or it at least gave me a splitting headache that lasted 2 days .It smelled just like Paint Thinner
Old 04-15-2006, 07:59 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep... Had a pretty bad headache going while using Jack the Gripper. I will try it again and see what happends. I am curious to see if there are any other traction compounds allowed at RainCity that I could use as an alternative. I know some really like the Jack the Gripper stuff, but there is something in that bottle that doesn't agree with me personally. It is not the smell, but maybe a chemical that they use that I may have an allergy too.
Huh. Maybe that's what my problem is. Seems like everytime I've been out racing I've ended up with a horrible headache..I just thought I was thinking too hard again. Wednesday night I had one come on that lasted until Thursday night and it fired back up Friday night after racing.

Gotta stop licking my fingers off after saucing the tires maybe.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

=Gotta stop licking my fingers off after saucing the tires maybe.
And that is what the sinks are for in the restrooms
Old 04-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For the record.... it's still the same formula of jack the gripper it always has been. The reason why we moved away from TQ products, and many other tracks have as well, is it ruins the carpet. It's just plain horrible.... period.

Scotty Ernst's Trackside out in Wisconsin had almost the same exact thing happen with TQ products and the New CRC carpet. Stockton R/C Raceway in Cali (2006 Carpet Nast host track) had the same feelings as well. They ran TQ orange on the CRC carpet and had horrible luck with it. Brain Bodine and Ruben were talking back and forth about the entire situation since they were happening at the same time.

Since then they have all switched to Corally's Jack the Gripper.... And we have as well. It just works. They used it at the IIC in Vegas as well with great success.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.