Radio Set up tip

Old 10-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LadiesFirst View Post
What if you don't have "subtrim" just regular trim?
I have in the past and currently on my car have centered the servo itself. Some servos have a feedback pot in the servo, usually adjusted at the factory. However after measureing arm lengths, servo position and centering all trims on the radio your spline does not line up where you want, you can adjust the servo pot. Looking down the shaft of the servo where the servo saver screw would go, you may notice a slot way down in there. With the radio on, if you turn the screw to the right, the servo spline will move to the left. Left turn and it goes to the right. It is very small amount of adjustment, so small that just putting pressure on the feedback pot is enough to start seeing the servo creep. This is an old school trick when sub trims were not around. I make no claim that this can be done with every servo, and may void warranty....
If your curious, try it with an old servo first to get the hang of what will happen when there is power to the servo and the adjustment is made.
Make sure you have a well fitting screwsriver with no slop in the slot. You do not want to damage the feedback pot.

From what I know the sub-trim is for doing just this. The sub-trim will center the spline and not effect the other trims,E/P or rates.
Tracy

Last edited by TracySlatten; 10-29-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

or, just adjust the length of the turn buckle connected to the servo with your radio trim centered.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the difference between sub trim and the regular trim. If both do the same why would D/R not effect the sub trim.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwg191 View Post
What is the difference between sub trim and the regular trim. If both do the same why would D/R not effect the sub trim.
Trim only moves the center point... if you set trim to the right, you will be closer to the right endpoint (uneven throw). Sub trim moves the center point and the end points... if you set sub trim to the right, the the end points move to the right also (even throw).