Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
OFFICIAL PDX RC UNDERGROUND thread >

OFFICIAL PDX RC UNDERGROUND thread

Like Tree11Likes

OFFICIAL PDX RC UNDERGROUND thread

Old 03-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for responding, Kevin.

Unfortunately, weekdays/weeknights practice times don't work for me and a bunch of other people. Weekends - specifically Sundays worked very well. I did visit your track several times when you were open Sundays. If your final decision is to move your practice day to a weeknight then that is unfortunate. I am sure those of us who cannot attend practice during your schedled times will go elsewhere....I know I will.

I wish you luck! Let me know if you ever change your mind.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well you are in luck, Sunday practice is back!
Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Kevin, you are "Da Man"!
Old 06-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Sundays Or Mondays?

Originally Posted by the big rc
Well you are in luck, Sunday practice is back!
I did not see that your schedule was changed on your website. It still shows Mondays as a practice day. Is the practice day Sunday or Monday?
Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BasherBT
I did not see that your schedule was changed on your website. It still shows Mondays as a practice day. Is the practice day Sunday or Monday?
For the rest of the summer we are racing on Mon, Weds, and Fri. No practice days, as you have 3-4 hours before each race to practice. No one was showing up for practice days. We will see about the winter. Right now winter schedule will be racing Weds, Fri and Sunday. Not sure about a practice day yet
Old 07-14-2019, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VectorVictor
I don't think you should speak for Kevin F. I do not agree that you should send (or even suggest to) Kevin's customers that they patronize another establishment. Kevin has worked very hard to make his track a great place to drive.

Not cool, dude
Jeff is good, it is a part time venture and what he says is all true. Jeff is a huge part of the track. Barely anyone shows up for practice, so I just went to racing. We are open 3-4 hours before each race, so a practice day seems moot. RC Plus is open 6 days a week for practice. Thank you for sticking up for me though We have a great group of guys, this is OUR track!!
Old 07-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BasherBT
That is what I thought. You really should not suggest other venues to Kevin's customers. That is not fair to Kevin. Secondly, if you are not the owner, how do you know Kevin's motivations or his real turn out for races VS. practice?
Jeff is one of the good guys at the track, and is a good friend. He knows the ins and outs of the track as he is there almost every night. I tend to think of the tracks as one big RC community, so if you need to practice on a day we aren't open, then frequent one of the other great tracks in the area.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm wanting to practice/race at PDX, but do not have tires for my 4wd. I don't want to break the back for maybe 2 nights for driving. What do you recommend as far as compound and tread for TLR 22 4x Elite running in the 13.5 or possibly Mod class?
Old 09-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I picked up some Fast Forwards from Raw Speed. That is what I'm bringing, so that is what I'm racing on. Well, unless they suck so bad, I have to buy something there. LoL