R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   OFFICIAL PDX RC UNDERGROUND thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/1003312-official-pdx-rc-underground-thread.html)

the big rc 09-17-2018 09:40 AM

Sorry, just don't get on here anymore. Our FB page or our forum on the site is the best way to get a hold of us. We do sell tires

VectorVictor 01-22-2019 03:04 PM

Not quite sure what happened at this track. They seem to only be open for practice at times when most cannot attend. Were we all supposed to buy memberships? Again, not sure what is going on.

Jeff_S 01-22-2019 09:04 PM

No mystery really. It's a part-time venture centered around racing. Practice days have always had light turnout, regardless of day. The number of people claiming they want to practice greatly outnumbers the people actually coming out to practice.

If nothing else, R/C Plus is open six days a week for practice.

BasherBT 01-23-2019 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_S (Post 15380859)
No mystery really. It's a part-time venture centered around racing. Practice days have always had light turnout, regardless of day. The number of people claiming they want to practice greatly outnumbers the people actually coming out to practice.

If nothing else, R/C Plus is open six days a week for practice.

Are you the owner? I thought the owner's name is Kevin.

VectorVictor 01-23-2019 03:39 PM

I don't think you should speak for Kevin F. I do not agree that you should send (or even suggest to) Kevin's customers that they patronize another establishment. Kevin has worked very hard to make his track a great place to drive.

Not cool, dude

VectorVictor 01-23-2019 04:20 PM

I don't think you should speak for Kevin F. I do not agree that you should send (or even suggest to) Kevin's customers that they patronize another establishment. Kevin has worked very hard to make his track a great place to drive.

Not cool, dude

Jeff_S 01-23-2019 05:29 PM

No, I'm not the owner.

BasherBT 01-23-2019 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_S (Post 15381436)
No, I'm not the owner.

That is what I thought. You really should not suggest other venues to Kevin's customers. That is not fair to Kevin. Secondly, if you are not the owner, how do you know Kevin's motivations or his real turn out for races VS. practice?

VectorVictor 01-23-2019 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BasherBT (Post 15381459)
That is what I thought. You really should not suggest other venues to Kevin's customers. That is not fair to Kevin. Secondly, if you are not the owner, how do you know Kevin's motivations or his real turn out for races VS. practice?

Hmmmm. Interesting thought. Wonder why I could not post it?

fastev 01-23-2019 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by BasherBT (Post 15381459)

You clearly aren't a regular at PDX with comments like that. Jeff nailed it, enough said.

BasherBT 01-24-2019 07:26 AM

[QUOTE=fastev;15381575]You clearly aren't a regular at PDX with comments like that. Jeff nailed it, enough said.[/QUOTE

I guess that I forgot how easily central points are lost on RC Tech. I will restate central points below.
1. Kevin is a good guy and smart business owner. He does not need anyone speaking for him or negatively impacting his customer base.

2. I know that I want to be "a regular" but am unable to attend during the current scheduled race/practice times. I also know that this applies to numerous other individuals.

RCPlus and Tacoma are certainly options but I would rather give Kevin my money as he is local and has worked very hard to keep the hobby going in Portland.

If he wants to have a private, members only track, that is his choice.

Good Luck!

fastev 01-24-2019 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=BasherBT;15381758]

Originally Posted by fastev (Post 15381575)
You clearly aren't a regular at PDX with comments like that. Jeff nailed it, enough said.[/QUOTE

I guess that I forgot how easily central points are lost on RC Tech. I will restate central points below.
1. Kevin is a good guy and smart business owner. He does not need anyone speaking for him or negatively impacting his customer base.

2. I know that I want to be "a regular" but am unable to attend during the current scheduled race/practice times. I also know that this applies to numerous other individuals.

RCPlus and Tacoma are certainly options but I would rather give Kevin my money as he is local and has worked very hard to keep the hobby going in Portland.

If he wants to have a private, members only track, that is his choice.

Good Luck!

I get it, and I suppose I should have worded my post differently. My point was that if you know Kevin, you'd know he regularly supports the other tracks, and schedules his race events as to not interfere with other race schedules. It's more about growing the hobby than competition for every last dollar.

Practice days have changed around to see when the greatest turnout happens. Most days are pretty void of racers, the turnout is more kids that bash around the track but have no interest in racing. No offense to those folks, but personally, I got tired of replacing parts due to a head-on from someone missing a jump or running backwards accidentally.

Send Kevin a message. He's really receptive to feedback, and if enough people request a practice day he's made it happen. Can't hurt to reach out.

Rexracing 02-14-2019 08:12 AM

Agreed, Kevin has no problem suggesting/sending people to RC Plus (or any other track), as it supports the hobby as a whole. He runs this track as a side project to give us PDX racers a place to race. This means there isn't someone at the track every day to run practices. I personally think its amazing how much Kevin has done for us racers, holding down a normal job AND holding races 2+ times a week, plus practice times.

Get on FB, and follow the PDX RC Underground page, there are updates/notices/videos etc almost daily.

BasherBT 03-09-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rexracing (Post 15395402)
Agreed, Kevin has no problem suggesting/sending people to RC Plus (or any other track), as it supports the hobby as a whole. He runs this track as a side project to give us PDX racers a place to race. This means there isn't someone at the track every day to run practices. I personally think its amazing how much Kevin has done for us racers, holding down a normal job AND holding races 2+ times a week, plus practice times.

Get on FB, and follow the PDX RC Underground page, there are updates/notices/videos etc almost daily.

I am sorry but I do not believe that Kevin would send customers to other tracks without hearing it from him directly. To hear it from anyone else is simply wrong and disingenuous.

I will wait for kevin's response.

the big rc 03-14-2019 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by VectorVictor (Post 15380665)
Not quite sure what happened at this track. They seem to only be open for practice at times when most cannot attend. Were we all supposed to buy memberships? Again, not sure what is going on.

This is not my full time job. I opened this track so Portland racers have a place to race. I also wanted this to be a true race community. I have tried all sorts of days for practice, and like Jeff said, the people who say they want practice are way more than those who actually race. Honestly, it's not really worth me being there monetarily for practice. I do it because some of our racers want it. We are open mondays 4-8 for practice. It's 15 dollars. Races are 20 for the first class and 10 for your second class or for novice. Memberships are not needed, and actually they are all sold out anyway.

I hope this answers your questions. We have a really great group of racers at the track, and no drama and everyone helps each other out. We laugh a lot, and have great racing, and best of all it's growing!

Come check us out!