Wiki Posts
Search

CT Outdoor 1/8 Outdoor Dead?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default CT Outdoor 1/8 Outdoor Dead?

Seriously, what is going on with this state and this hobby..

is there only one outdoor track left?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pretty much seems that way unfortunately. Madness appears to be getting good turnouts as well as the Barn though
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah thats not good, those places are a haul for me...

seems like those places always do well and have a larger group of local support...

does anyone know what the plans are for the Wolcott outdoor track? is it closed permanently?
Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capcept

seems like those places always do well and have a larger group of local support...

does anyone know what the plans are for the Wolcott outdoor track? is it closed permanently?
Last I talked to Lester he was planning on getting the track ready, but no events planned yet and nearing August I don't think they will be having any races this year. I don't truly know though
Old 07-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capcept

Unfortunately the Wolcott Outdoor track is closed now. After many months of discussion Lester and myself have decided to no longer build the track and run a race program. He is busy with other business ventures now. As for myself the interest is no longer there to build/maintain the track alone so I am taking a step back and racing else where to enjoy the hobby. Its sad to see it happen but that is where we are at now. However this helps the surrounding tracks as there are less races on the same weekend so it does not split the entries. I am happy to see Madness and the Barn getting stronger turnouts this year.

I have also posted on our Wolcott Hobby facebook page that the outdoor track is now for sale. Its possible that it will re-open as long as someone is serious about buying it and having there own track. I look at as a positive opportunity for anyone that wants to have there own track, and bring the racing scene back to Wolcott. Until that happens it will remain as a hobby shop only; providing RC parts and support and Airsoft once again from one location.