Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 06:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

C'mon dude, you know I'm not gonna let it get that far, not with someone I actually like! We've raced together for years, we all know...........Just like I know there are people who also know the facts about things but don't wanna comment, it's cool.........hey, anything to make ME look like more of an a$$h○[e right?!?! Lol Now to everyone who calls and texts me everytime they think someone is doing something shady, STOP, don't rely on me anymore and then go silent when it's brought out in public! Don't come to my pit and tell me you think this one is doin this or anything. I don't need to prove anything to anyone! As a matter of fact, look at yesterdays results, I promised Tim Powers I would charge at 1C yesterday. Obviously charging at 3.7 amps wasn't possible (time wise) yesterday, I charged at 5 amps. And even with someone boosed to the moon, I still did pretty well. Judging solely on times alone........I would've been 2nd on the grid Friday and 1st by the end of the main and had fastest overall lap! Now before anyone gets crazy, Powers said the track was no better or worse than Friday. I know ya can't go by that, but some like to live and die by the numbers. So Sammy, keep your $500, I don't need it, let me rephrase that, I don't want it! I'm not trading you my motor, it took me several nights at the track to find the proper gear and I'm not gonna have you slap it in and run it for the night just to try and prove anything. The only thing this proved to me is that people only care enough to complain behind closed doors, but when it's out on the table.................well ya see how well that worked out now didn't we?! Lol
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any further swearing or any other inappropriate behavior will result in a month long suspension. There have been enough warnings and some of you still continue to not keep it clean on here. This will be my final warning.

Like I said guys, I dont mind you having arguments or what not on here, as long as you keep it clean for everyone.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Kegger,
Thanks for getting me to look at the rules. I thought the max voltage was 8.4, but it is 8.44!
8.3.2.5.2 Li-Poly battery maximum charge voltage.
• 2s Li-Poly batteries may be charged to a maximum of 8.44v.

I remember a couple of weeks ago with the Tech and Alex was coming in at 8.43. His charger doesn't have a different setting.

Also, one of the volt meters reads high that IRH has. Last week we went to tech and WOAH! Then we used the other voltmeter and things made more sense.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Rob D....a lot of respect for ur post it's very race spirit oriented and i am down with that...if it wasn't for u and Jay and few others racing wouldn't be that interesting to me....last Tuesday I won yes,but I was a lap ahead,totally nothing interesting to me I was about to park my car and watch the interesting race between Don and charlie....do u think I will keep coming racing if it's always like that?I am very competitive oriented.
From my racing years u get to learn to appreciate and respect the group of guys that u race with especially the ones of close skill level to u....and i think u know I have a lot of sportsman ship during and after the race
If u ruin it with them than what?who u gonna race with?
I hated when some of the fast guys don't show up to race including..and i hate to say it...slayer
...but what do u want me to do?
When the accusations started I took it as a joke at the beginning and i didnt comment much, cose if someone with some common sense suspicious of me cheating they can figure out quickly that I dont
A cheater will be quick at certain days and slow other tech days
Am I like that? I can give out lessons for consistency
I go to great length to keep it that way...from motor power band to chassis maintenance to battery performance and voltage
So when slayer keep coming at me here and on face book ....sammy cheats...sammy cheats....he failing techs 5 times....he have a rep of being on road cheater
What are u asking of me?????
I didn't say at the beginning but he thinks because I don't say something that's means it must be true
Should I defend my self or no?
Are u asking me to stop clearing up my self???
Accusing someone of persisting cheating is really serious and he won't stop trying to ruin my image
I have a feeling he is doing that on purpose just to make me stop going to island raceway ,so he can be on the top of the board for 17.5...I am not sure though
If u come out on a public forums and saying someone failed tech 5 times...can u at least say who was teching and found out that?... he will never answer this
The most foolish thing a top racer can do in any clup 17.5 race is to dial out blinky is total noobish immature form of cheating....why I am been regularly been accused of that?
I moved the wiring away from the speedo when rob said I didn't see the blink...and that was like 2 month ago after that u can see it clearly from the windows that didn't make me slow now!!!!!
....I am gonna tell u all something that happened last year just to show what a man actions can do
....last year was my first time doing off road a lot to learn for a guy like me
I was racing for 2 month or so with my reg on road 17.5 and my blinking speedo and all is good still big learning curve is ahead of me one day I decided to dial some drag brake in cose I saw mazzara car always jumping nose down and mine always nose up and i wasn't use to push brakes we don't do that in on road 17.5.....so I went ahead and i thought I did ....going out to my qualifier and i think Mike Haynes was in it and I finished dead last...the buggy was just too fast, over jumping and spinning in corners and i was like what the hack went wrong? On the top of that my motor was boiling hot at the end of the race never see in it that hot before it was around 230 degrees and i never seen it beyond 175 before....ok so what happened...I don't know? So I go to my mentor from my first on road days great big phill asking him for advice to what might went wrong I told him I only dialed in drag brake ...so he looked at it and say it's not in blinky....I said maybe that's why ...and i did it wrong especially I was using the speedo button I don't own that thing with the screen....so someone did it for me and it was all good after....but ....and it's a big fat but....things could have been that simple but it spread around the pit tables like a wild fire that sammy dials boost in his speedo!!!!!!! Sammy is a cheater....wow
And still one more to come.....2 month later connected my battery wrong ways and fried my orion pro speedo...went home called the island raceway on sat asked if they have the same speedo ,yes they do .ok I will come and get it on Sunday morning....they gave me a great price for it and I went quick to my pits for the install....the racings were gonna start soon....I did the wiring charged the battery and i was done by the time my qualifier was up I actually had to ask bill for a min grace.....no adjustments or anything....every thing box stock....and guess what I couldn't drive the car and i pulled out of the qualifier after 15 laps or so......can u guess what I did next? No u wont.....I go again to my mentor asking him why the car is freaked out...I just put in a new speedo....this time he start yelling. ..dude u got to keep it in blinky....for everyone to hear.....ok thank u very much....
the speedo out of the box is not blinking I had to learn that.
Well a lot of typing ..snow everywhere I am not working
....slayer or anyone else....tech is between me and u...my buggy windows are clear u can see what's blinking and what's not....and we shall see
Rob D....Jay franz...jerry L..georgeT...enoc philips...Andrew ...Joe aruta..ajay(class act that guy)...Mike d (he is up and coming)...Harleyecharlie. ..don...and slayer.....it's a privilege racing with u all ...really I mean that
The guys in the mod class are really all great and I usually sneak up to the second floor to watch u all racing....mazzara and Stephen ..I learn in the air controll from watching u and also from shleck and Francis when they show up...I think u really get faster when u learn it...when u are confused about something ask mazzara he is knowledgeable and will tell u straight up
...the staff are really great in the shop....Alex is a very plus addition to the facility
....one man I have to say he gives up a lot of racing which he loves to do for the sake of the excitement u provide to all of us during racing...u make things very interesting during the race with a lot of energy and power behind that microphone (and i hate to say but no one is close to u in that facility that can do at least 50% of what u doing)god bless u and wish u good health all the time....racing won't be the same without u.....and that is bill....I said the name just in case a new guy don't know
...happy racings everyone......sammy saks
Old 01-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eragot
Kegger,
Thanks for getting me to look at the rules. I thought the max voltage was 8.4, but it is 8.44!

I remember a couple of weeks ago with the Tech and Alex was coming in at 8.43. His charger doesn't have a different setting.

Also, one of the volt meters reads high that IRH has. Last week we went to tech and WOAH! Then we used the other voltmeter and things made more sense.
You're reading the wrong rules. The max voltage for 2s batteries is 8.40 volts. The original rule read that the max was 8.4 volts, with a plus/minus of .04 volts. But of course everyone read this as 8.44 The new rule (as of 2013) is 8.40, and there are no allowances for overages.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

8.3.2.5.5 The use of heating devices of any type to heat a li-poly battery is strictly prohibited

And if you read 8.3.2.5.7 technically using an icharger with the deep discharge feature (which internally raises the battery temperature) is also illegal, but good luck enforcing that.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ah, so I wasn't mistaken.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammyzilla
Rob D....a lot of respect for ur post it's very race spirit oriented and i am down with that...if it wasn't for u and Jay and few others racing wouldn't be that interesting to me....last Tuesday I won yes,but I was a lap ahead,totally nothing interesting to me I was about to park my car and watch the interesting race between Don and charlie....do u think I will keep coming racing if it's always like that?I am very competitive oriented.
From my racing years u get to learn to appreciate and respect the group of guys that u race with especially the ones of close skill level to u....and i think u know I have a lot of sportsman ship during and after the race
If u ruin it with them than what?who u gonna race with?
I hated when some of the fast guys don't show up to race including..and i hate to say it...slayer
...but what do u want me to do?
When the accusations started I took it as a joke at the beginning and i didnt comment much, cose if someone with some common sense suspicious of me cheating they can figure out quickly that I dont
A cheater will be quick at certain days and slow other tech days
Am I like that? I can give out lessons for consistency
I go to great length to keep it that way...from motor power band to chassis maintenance to battery performance and voltage
So when slayer keep coming at me here and on face book ....sammy cheats...sammy cheats....he failing techs 5 times....he have a rep of being on road cheater
What are u asking of me?????
I didn't say at the beginning but he thinks because I don't say something that's means it must be true
Should I defend my self or no?
Are u asking me to stop clearing up my self???
Accusing someone of persisting cheating is really serious and he won't stop trying to ruin my image
I have a feeling he is doing that on purpose just to make me stop going to island raceway ,so he can be on the top of the board for 17.5...I am not sure though
If u come out on a public forums and saying someone failed tech 5 times...can u at least say who was teching and found out that?... he will never answer this
The most foolish thing a top racer can do in any clup 17.5 race is to dial out blinky is total noobish immature form of cheating....why I am been regularly been accused of that?
I moved the wiring away from the speedo when rob said I didn't see the blink...and that was like 2 month ago after that u can see it clearly from the windows that didn't make me slow now!!!!!
....I am gonna tell u all something that happened last year just to show what a man actions can do
....last year was my first time doing off road a lot to learn for a guy like me
I was racing for 2 month or so with my reg on road 17.5 and my blinking speedo and all is good still big learning curve is ahead of me one day I decided to dial some drag brake in cose I saw mazzara car always jumping nose down and mine always nose up and i wasn't use to push brakes we don't do that in on road 17.5.....so I went ahead and i thought I did ....going out to my qualifier and i think Mike Haynes was in it and I finished dead last...the buggy was just too fast, over jumping and spinning in corners and i was like what the hack went wrong? On the top of that my motor was boiling hot at the end of the race never see in it that hot before it was around 230 degrees and i never seen it beyond 175 before....ok so what happened...I don't know? So I go to my mentor from my first on road days great big phill asking him for advice to what might went wrong I told him I only dialed in drag brake ...so he looked at it and say it's not in blinky....I said maybe that's why ...and i did it wrong especially I was using the speedo button I don't own that thing with the screen....so someone did it for me and it was all good after....but ....and it's a big fat but....things could have been that simple but it spread around the pit tables like a wild fire that sammy dials boost in his speedo!!!!!!! Sammy is a cheater....wow
And still one more to come.....2 month later connected my battery wrong ways and fried my orion pro speedo...went home called the island raceway on sat asked if they have the same speedo ,yes they do .ok I will come and get it on Sunday morning....they gave me a great price for it and I went quick to my pits for the install....the racings were gonna start soon....I did the wiring charged the battery and i was done by the time my qualifier was up I actually had to ask bill for a min grace.....no adjustments or anything....every thing box stock....and guess what I couldn't drive the car and i pulled out of the qualifier after 15 laps or so......can u guess what I did next? No u wont.....I go again to my mentor asking him why the car is freaked out...I just put in a new speedo....this time he start yelling. ..dude u got to keep it in blinky....for everyone to hear.....ok thank u very much....
the speedo out of the box is not blinking I had to learn that.
Well a lot of typing ..snow everywhere I am not working
....slayer or anyone else....tech is between me and u...my buggy windows are clear u can see what's blinking and what's not....and we shall see
Rob D....Jay franz...jerry L..georgeT...enoc philips...Andrew ...Joe aruta..ajay(class act that guy)...Mike d (he is up and coming)...Harleyecharlie. ..don...and slayer.....it's a privilege racing with u all ...really I mean that
The guys in the mod class are really all great and I usually sneak up to the second floor to watch u all racing....mazzara and Stephen ..I learn in the air controll from watching u and also from shleck and Francis when they show up...I think u really get faster when u learn it...when u are confused about something ask mazzara he is knowledgeable and will tell u straight up
...the staff are really great in the shop....Alex is a very plus addition to the facility
....one man I have to say he gives up a lot of racing which he loves to do for the sake of the excitement u provide to all of us during racing...u make things very interesting during the race with a lot of energy and power behind that microphone (and i hate to say but no one is close to u in that facility that can do at least 50% of what u doing)god bless u and wish u good health all the time....racing won't be the same without u.....and that is bill....I said the name just in case a new guy don't know
...happy racings everyone......sammy saks
Hey Sammy well put and much respect for you as well your a clean racer. Like I said I seen it that one time and you fixed it that's it.
Big Phil is a great guy and he has taught me things in the past and we have raced a lot against each other.
We have a bunch of fast guys in 17.5 now and it's a lot of fun.
We are all pushing as hard as we can to be fast and win. But honestly for me I just love racing and enjoy being one of the fast guys. I would loose every week if it was a fast clean competitive race. Something like last Friday.

I still think we should tech every week to eliminate the BS from even starting.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eragot
Kegger,

I think that is an older version ...the new one I read it here (thx to slayer)
Attached Thumbnails Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island-screenshot_2016-01-25-13-35-58.jpg  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There, now was that so hard to do Sammy?! And for the record, I never said you failed tech 5 times, I said you got caught with you stuff (we'll say) outside the rules. So even though you're a very smart and knowlegable racer, I can see how you could "accidentally" add boost/timing while adjusting a brake profile. And a new speedo, you're totally right, the last thing I'd check for after installation was making sure it was setup right. Hey, somethings slip right by........You did fail tech one time though, and to be honest, Phil got me too. I was in between 8.41/42 with my old Thunderpower charger. Now I can set the cutoff much more easily with the Polaron. So with that said...........I'm done with this, on to the next topic!! When are we doing a FULL layout change?! Lol
Old 01-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

You can never trust those onroad guys, RIGHT all you onroad guys?? lol
Old 01-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You can never trust those onroad guys, RIGHT all you onroad guys?? lol
Haven't seen u in a minute....come down to the track and get some...loool
Old 01-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Slayer
There, now was that so hard to do Sammy?! And for the record, I never said you failed tech 5 times, I said you got caught with you stuff (we'll say) outside the rules. So even though you're a very smart and knowlegable racer, I can see how you could "accidentally" add boost/timing while adjusting a brake profile. And a new speedo, you're totally right, the last thing I'd check for after installation was making sure it was setup right. Hey, somethings slip right by........You did fail tech one time though, and to be honest, Phil got me too. I was in between 8.41/42 with my old Thunderpower charger. Now I can set the cutoff much more easily with the Polaron. So with that said...........I'm done with this, on to the next topic!! When are we doing a FULL layout change?! Lol

i have the same issue with my thunder power chargers. I have no idea why it is doing that. My tp610c has "car mode". i was looking over my manual today and that thing is set wrong. it actually tops off each cell to 4.22v. i guess it was programmed before ROAR rules were clarified. ill turn that car mode off and see if that fixes the problem,. if not i have to see how i can fix the problem without spending $ to replace my chargers
Old 01-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

as far as new layout goes, that will occur after this upcoming trophy race. i propose this (i will also talk to Don about it), let have club member submit their ideas on paper. after that lets take a vote to pick top 3, followed by another vote for top design. i think it might be a good idea. any thoughts?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brooklynrc
as far as new layout goes, that will occur after this upcoming trophy race. i propose this (i will also talk to Don about it), let have club member submit their ideas on paper. after that lets take a vote to pick top 3, followed by another vote for top design. i think it might be a good idea. any thoughts?
Great idea.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.