Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Blah.... I'm selling all my K stuff and gonna run my sears Lobo!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Hey good luck to all the fellas up at the short course right now! Bring home the hardware!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Track Change Help

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************** The track change will begin at 8 am sharp tomorrow Saturday morning. Monster Joe got us the Bobcat (he always comes through for us). ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************

Mario, Nick (B4), Tom Licata, Myself and Monster will be helping with the change over. Please PM me or see me tonight during racing if anyone is available to help with the change. Mario will be in charge the entire time and myslef and Tom will be assiting with the proper proportions and bumps and jumps layout. Thanks to Steve for the bumps, washboard and contour additions.

Steve Plakis and Mike Garramone, could really use your expertise with the track building. If your not available I completely understand , but your help is always a huge addition to the track installation.

As most of your already know a certain (unnamed) Losi driver was the Foreman for the last track change which was done in 2 days with no problems at all and the breakdown and build out was done in a orderly fashion, in fact I believe it was a pleasure for everyone involved. He is unavailable this time but we will follow his routine for the teardown and buildout. This track change will be done in the same exact fashion and I will oversee the entire process while Mario creates and impliments the agreed design and structure. Racing will resume on schedule on Tuesday and we may possibly be open on Monday, our normal day off. I will keep you posted.

Let me know who's available
Thanks for your help guys

Don & Oz
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Give a monkey a computer....
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mahak2137
Don't you need to mangle the rear arms to mount the shocks backwards to get that poo pile working?
You dont have to. But if shaving 5mm and flipping them around is mangling then I guess so.

Dont you have to drill a hole in you chassis The size of a quarter so you don't snap the crank shaft on your engine?

Last edited by Wheelie master; 08-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Do you guys carry any rc18 parts? I'm thinking of getting for my son. I think 1/10 is too big and fast for him
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

One awesome layout. Looking forward to see what comes next!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PhoTog
One awesome layout. Looking forward to see what comes next!

Only bigger and better is on the horizon... Not to mention FASTER
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't help today taking Richie to see Yankees for b day but I hope we lose the drop down and gain a sweeper.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Donspeed
************************************************** ************************************************** *************************** The track change will begin at 8 am sharp tomorrow Saturday morning. Monster Joe got us the Bobcat (he always comes through for us). ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************

Mario, Nick (B4), Tom Licata, Myself and Monster will be helping with the change over. Please PM me or see me tonight during racing if anyone is available to help with the change. Mario will be in charge the entire time and myslef and Tom will be assiting with the proper proportions and bumps and jumps layout. Thanks to Steve for the bumps, washboard and contour additions.

Steve Plakis and Mike Garramone, could really use your expertise with the track building. If your not available I completely understand , but your help is always a huge addition to the track installation.

As most of your already know a certain (unnamed) Losi driver was the Foreman for the last track change which was done in 2 days with no problems at all and the breakdown and build out was done in a orderly fashion, in fact I believe it was a pleasure for everyone involved. He is unavailable this time but we will follow his routine for the teardown and buildout. This track change will be done in the same exact fashion and I will oversee the entire process while Mario creates and impliments the agreed design and structure. Racing will resume on schedule on Tuesday and we may possibly be open on Monday, our normal day off. I will keep you posted.

Let me know who's available
Thanks for your help guys

Don & Oz
I know you want open Monday so everyone can try new layout BUT,wouldnt it be better to let it go thru at least 1 watering drying cycle before its raced walked and stooomped on ? Besides the fact that the track is a mess the day after a layout change. It would be much easier for Mario (NICK) to clean the pits put tables back without having to stop for customers. Also maybe after long weekend in the heat may want some slow time. Just me talking like TOM woulsd say what do I know ? LOL
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Licata is a guy that gets shit done!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Licata is a guy that gets shit done!
WOW hes lost it talking in third person now LOL GREAT job TOM
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thank god!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Thats the best part of the track. Everything else changed and the jumP placement is nothing like the sheet I drew up.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Licata is a guy that gets socks stolen!
Gone and very much forgotten!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.