R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northeast Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northeast-racing-forum-185/)
-   -   rc hobbies and more .. winsted ct (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northeast-racing-forum/427690-rc-hobbies-more-winsted-ct.html)

buellboy1200 08-21-2010 06:32 PM

rc hobbies and more .. winsted ct

racing has been going on for a few months here.. awesome outdoor track..as or right now were running sc 4x4..sc 2x4 .. and 1/8 buggy.. soon to have a 1/5 scale track within the next few weeks.. come down and check it out everyone..

200 new hartford rd, winsted ct.. in the ledgebrook plaza with stop and shop in it..

we also have a air field for all you heli and plane people out

bunk link- www.rchobbiesnmore.com

good link http://www.rchobbiesandmore.com/

thedoc329 08-21-2010 07:00 PM

great shop and track u guys have up there!! gotta bring my stuff and race one of these days, saturday is ur race day right?

buellboy1200 08-22-2010 06:42 AM

oh yes sorry race days right now are saterdays were doing one more weekend at two aug the 28th.. and starting sept 4 we will be starting at 12..

Bman's 3XNT 08-22-2010 05:49 PM

Really. I never even heard of your shop or track, and I live in Watertown......Maybe some advertising might help. How is your 1/8 turnout? Any pics or a website? Thanks........

buellboy1200 08-23-2010 03:05 PM

yea .. well we are just getting going .. i will try and get pics soon

Dieselpower 08-23-2010 04:57 PM

Pics will be up by this weekend. We just coated the entire track with silver horse stall clay and it is SICK, to say the least. Butter smooth with lots of traction. 8th scale had 4 buggies last week.....but there seem to be more and more showing up at the track during the week. The biggest class, by far, is SC 4wd.
A few specifics.......
-we are running an AMB20 system, so personals do not work, but all of our house units have good cells and don't miss a lap
-15 bucks gets ya 4 rounds. That's 3 seven minute qualifiers and a 7 minute main.
-No power trackside (currently). We run the PC and system off of a Honda generator so chargers must be run off of your 12v car battery. We will eventually have power and lights trackside.
-Our driver's stand is not as tall as most outdoor tracks, but it is more then sufficient for clear visability on the 3 tracks.
-Yep, that's right........3 tracks. It's actually a 5th scale oval (sort of....there's plenty of lefts, rights and jumps), with and 8th scale track inside of that and an SC track inside of that. We race everything from Bajas to 1/18. 4 in a class and we'll run em.

The hobby shop is www.rchobbiesandmore.com
it is the second largest heli retailer on the east coast so there are generally some sick air demos going on all weekend while the wether is nice. We also have a dedicated 300 ft runway and heli pad.

Track fees are 5 buck per day, 20 per month or 50 per season for practice, 15 for racing plus 10 for each additional class.
Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Dieselpower 08-23-2010 04:59 PM

BTW......is that you Joey?

buellboy1200 08-23-2010 06:40 PM

thanks ed.. he knows more than me

thedoc329 08-31-2010 12:30 PM

bunk link- www.rchobbiesnmore.com

good link http://www.rchobbiesandmore.com/

buellboy1200, could u edit ur first post and add this link? people will be more likely to click on it if they see the link right away IMHO;)

BLITZ01 10-09-2010 06:03 PM

HEY, HOWS THAT TRACK GOING? YOU GUYS DOING 1/8TH NITRO TRUGGY YET? IF SO WHAT DAYS R U RACING? TELL IRWIN I SAID HELLO...THIS IS MIKE RUSSO LOOKING FORWARD TO TEARING IT UP WITH MY TRUGGIES LOL...:flaming:

johnno815 12-07-2010 06:51 AM

Are you guys running indoor carpet?
If yes what classes are you running?

kaiser 04-12-2011 09:12 AM

when are you guys opening for the 2011 outdoor offroad season?

matt, are you still running it?

Dieselpower 04-12-2011 10:50 AM

Pete......word up dude? Get that B4 up on some clay brother!
Yeah, I'm still running the race program. We'll be starting up
Saturday April 23, 12 noon.

Hot classes this year look to be 4x4 SCT, 2wd SCT, 1/8 buggy and 1/10 2wd mod. I know there's a lot of STs out there, but I'm hoping we can drum up enough 2wd buggies for a regular class.

1/5 track should be done in another 2-3 weeks as we are making it entirely independent with its own driver's stand.
Bash area out behind the runway and tracks will be getting a facelift as well.......think big, big airs, 7' ID concrete pipes, sand pit........etc.
We also have a few fellas that'll be coming up with a backhoe to build up the rock pile into a proper crawler course with gates and all that fancy stuff.

Still trying to get my head straight from this past weekend at Mini Nats, but gimme week or so and I'll get some pics up.

BTW, we are still running the AMB 20 system, but we do have an AMBRC4 system on the way. House Transponders are backordered from here to eternity, but I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

kaiser 04-12-2011 10:54 AM

awesome. i love that track of yours, big and fast.

i'll have the b4 ready and some vintage stuff to run in whatever class you want to put them in. i built a sick rc10t and a modernized rc10 buggy.

i wonder if we can open up those old transponders and put new batteries in them?

Dieselpower 04-12-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 8952843)
awesome. i love that track of yours, big and fast.

i'll have the b4 ready and some vintage stuff to run in whatever class you want to put them in. i built a sick rc10t and a modernized rc10 buggy.

i wonder if we can open up those old transponders and put new batteries in them?

Surprisingly, they haven't missed a single lap all winter long. I think it was all the cycling from using them and the fact that the coil wire isn't buried. We'll just put some carpet over it until my shiny new Mylaps stuff arrives.