Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Brownies Hobbies - Racing again in Staten Island, NY! >

Brownies Hobbies - Racing again in Staten Island, NY!

Like Tree12Likes

Brownies Hobbies - Racing again in Staten Island, NY!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why, you still have parts?

What about Vintage Trans Am?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jim I don't have much in the way of parts for F1 cars I was just wondering. Trans Am would be great! All we need is four cars to show up to make a class. See if Craig Kerr will be joining us?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I still my F1, rear wheel drive ver. But I can hook-up my TC3 for the Trans-AM!

Charlie
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrowniesHobbies
Jim I don't have much in the way of parts for F1 cars I was just wondering. Trans Am would be great! All we need is four cars to show up to make a class. See if Craig Kerr will be joining us?

I'm definetly going to try.

By the way do you guys have the EVO CVDs for the 415. Mine blew apart at 360 and benched the car.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Kregger, Give me a call at the shop and I'll see if we can come up with some parts for you. By the way Tamiya doesn't have the titanium screws in right now. I'll keep trying. Talk to you soon.

John Brown Brownie's Pro & Sport Hobbies
Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Kregger, Give me a call at the shop and I'll see if we can come up with some parts for you. By the way Tamiya doesn't have the titanium screws in right now. I'll keep trying. Talk to you soon.

John Brown Brownie's Pro & Sport Hobbies
Will do. I"ll track down the part numbers.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

address please?

Hey John,

It was nice to see you again at 360. Although my time is limited, I always remeber the fun we had years ago racing is SI. I'll make an effort to attend a few of the races...and I'm looking forward to a relaxed racing venue.

are Lipo's legal in Mini racing? Are you following TCS rules? absent the house control motors.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default track

hey carl, track a little further down hylan blvd than the old hooters. take hylan blvd off the vz bridge go down hylan a couple of miles (maybe3-4)till you will see a police station then shoprite. you will then see a hess station on the corner of new dorp lane make a left then maybe 400 feet on right hand side. hope to see you there. i believe tcs rules apply

long live the mini cooper!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Carl,
We will be following the Tamiya rules for mini class with the one exception of the house motors. I look forward to racing with you in Mini class again. While I'm on the forum, I was asked today if we will run the Trans Am class and I told the fella if we get just 4 cars entered we will run it. Then I thought Trans Am has lots of rules to follow. If we run this class I would like to make it simple to do a tech inspection of the cars. So I would like to choose one motor and battery combination to run. I'm leaning towards 7.4 lipo with 21.5 motor. Let me hear from you TA drivers out their who feel they might attend Brownie's races. Once we settle on a combo WE WILL BE STICKING TO IT.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default VTA

Carl,
Then I thought Trans Am has lots of rules to follow. If we run this class I would like to make it simple to do a tech inspection of the cars. So I would like to choose one motor and battery combination to run. I'm leaning towards 7.4 lipo with 21.5 motor. Let me hear from you TA drivers out their who feel they might attend Brownie's races. Once we settle on a combo WE WILL BE STICKING TO IT.
VTA rules aren't that bad. 21.5 lipo and I might show up to annoy Kregger.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
VTA rules aren't that bad. 21.5 lipo and I might show up to annoy Kregger.
That's the spirit!

John, USVTA rules say it has to be the Novak 21.5 motor. At least I believe it's still that. I defer to Kregger on those rules, he has them memorized! If I run this class I have to buy a motor, and I'd like to see what the ruling is.

The spirit of the USVTA rules is to make sure one particular combination does not have an advantage. That's the reason for the FDR rules. Basically that means if Mike Haynes wants to run this class, he has to run a pinion 5 teeth smaller than everyone else.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

In the VTA rules for the HPI Challenge are:

HPI Vintage EP
-Any HPI/BH 1/10th scale 4wd TC chassis
-27T/17.5 motor
-6 cell/LiPo 7.4v
-HPI Vintage Racing Wheels
-HPI Vintage Bodies
Tire specs:
-HPI #4793 Vintage Racing Tire 26mm
-HPI #4797 Vintage Racing Tire 31mm
-HPI #4791 Vintage Slick Racing Tire 26mm
-HPI #4792 Vintage Slick Racing Tire 31mm

I would say follow these rules with the exception of running any 1/10th scale chassis.......... Lot's of people have the 17.5 motors already..........Just a thought......
Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I've run my vta car with a 17.5 and 21.5, the 17.5 is not much faster down the straight oddly, but it does pull better out of the corners. Personally I feel that the 21.5 rule is holding entries back for vta since people don't want to buy the motor and the 4 cell/17.5 combo is junk unless you have brand new packs. I think for laid back events looser rules would increase participation. I wonder if a 17.5 vta car would keep up with an rcgt car, it would be cool to see a field of both mixed.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I've run my vta car with a 17.5 and 21.5, the 17.5 is not much faster down the straight oddly, but it does pull better out of the corners. I think for laid back events looser rules would increase participation. .

That's why I think the HPI formula works and they have great turnouts for there events........ Whether you go with brush or brushless, the majority of Drivers have all that stuff to participate.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

I think if Mike H. runs this class we all get to stand in front of him jumping up and down and yelling at him. In the name of fairness.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.