Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I gotta re-tune my SC10, the suspension is too soft, but I'm looking forward to doing more testing with Mod SC...
Old 01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

First I just have to say lots of activity today with out any trash talking. I am impressed.

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
You know what Proctor......

I am having a blast with SC, can't argue with that.....
See now that is what its all about. I also have had more fun running SC then I ever did with any other class. That is why if I am only running one class it will be SC. 2nd favorite is 2wd buggy though.

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
I actually like how the 13.5 felt dude to less wheel spin but i cooked that sucker well....(gearing issues).....All in all I think Mod SC would be a great replacement for Mod truck I had a blast giving chase to Freddy with his Mod truck....

Seeing that RCSCHR is becoming a SC facuilty then im sure there will be enough SC's to go around for the normal two or three heats and a mod class... Anyway after motorama im offing the RT5 seeing that i was faster with a SC than my buggy Saturday night per Mark......And i'll just run 2wd buggy and keep the short bus....
Not sure about splitting up the class yet but if we do I was also thinking a 13.5 would be perfect(actually think I like Steves idea of a pro class still runing stock but requiring a set number of laps to run in the class). As for selling your RT5. Looks like we have another guy that has cought the SC fever.

C u guys Wednesday night. Hopefully we will have enough for a C main again.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tschenck;8574134]Not sure about splitting up the class yet but if we do I was also thinking a 13.5 would be perfect(actually think I like Steves idea of a pro class still runing stock but requiring a set number of laps to run in the class). QUOTE]

I understand, but isnt that what "A" main is? At least thats what its for, the fastest out of the bunch.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I understand, but isnt that what "A" main is? At least thats what its for, the fastest out of the bunch.
Still not sure if we should separate yet but if we did I like that idea better then just a MOD class. If we do mod nothing stops someone who doesn't have the skill set to just throw a 6.5 in there truck and reck havoc.

I was thinking more like how LIR does buggy. All the top guys run Mod even if they are running the same motor as the 10.5 class. More so the newer guys dont get discuraged being a couple laps down and not really having any chance to win. Also the fast guys wouldn't get frustrated dealing with as much lap traffic.

That way a new SC racer would start in sportsman and then go to the stock class for SC. Not having to worry about trying to keep up with the Larry's, Proctors and yourself.

Kinda how we use to separate sportsman, amatuer then expert. Think that was onlyl the first season though.

Last edited by tschenck; 01-30-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tschenck
Still not sure if we should separate yet but if we did I like that idea better then just a MOD class. If we do mod nothing stops someone who doesn't have the skill set to just throw a 6.5 in there truck and reck havoc.

I was thinking more like how LIR does buggy. All the top guys run Mod even if they are running the same motor as the 10.5 class. More so the newer guys dont get discuraged being a couple laps down and not really having any chance to win. Also the fast guys wouldn't get frustrated dealing with as much lap traffic.

That way a new SC racer would start in sportsman and then go to the stock class for SC. Not having to worry about trying to keep up with the Larry's, Proctors and yourself.

Kinda how we use to separate sportsman, amatuer then expert. Think that was onlyl the first season though.
Our track is different from others... Our Mod Class is 8.5 or as you would say the FAST GUYS.... And the others run 10.5 for Stock class.... Everywhere else 10.5 is Mod and 13.5 is Stock... Some places like motoramma this year are following Roar Rules, which brings the stock class to 17.5

Its all different where you go, it all depends on the track
Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Keep everything as is, who cares?? Its not like we're ever gonna be competitive with any of the regional fast guys.....you go to RCE and LIR, and all the fast guys race in the same classes, what makes them faster?? Running with each other week in and week out....but who cares about getting faster and having a quality group of racers like those other tracks have???....

It would be awesome to have Kyle, Proctor, Larry, Brandon, Mark, Alex, Myself, Epting, just to name a few, in one class racing each other every week, purely Awesome, I wouldn't want to race in that race, so that I can enjoy the action....but it's wishful thinking...would that make us better?, heck yeah, would we be able to hang with the LIR and RCE fast guys when they come down to race with us?? Heck yeah...but its all wishful thinking....

Oh well, carry on.....
Old 01-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Keep everything as is, who cares?? Its not like we're ever gonna be competitive with any of the regional fast guys.....you go to RCE and LIR, and all the fast guys race in the same classes, what makes them faster?? Running with each other week in and week out....but who cares about getting faster and having a quality group of racers like those other tracks have???....

It would be awesome to have Kyle, Proctor, Larry, Brandon, Mark, Alex, Myself, Epting, just to name a few, in one class racing each other every week, purely Awesome, I wouldn't want to race in that race, so that I can enjoy the action....but it's wishful thinking...would that make us better?, heck yeah, would we be able to hang with the LIR and RCE fast guys when they come down to race with us?? Heck yeah...but its all wishful thinking....

Oh well, carry on.....
Thats what I been tryin to say in a Steve Richardson sort of way I guess no one understands me
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I guess no one understands me
Yup. lol

I still like Semararo's idea of meeting certain requirements to run in a "Pro class".
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by taco94
Yup. lol

I still like Semararo's idea of meeting certain requirements to run in a "Pro class".
Hey Sir-Breaks-Alot, you're not funny
Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh well, carry on.....
If all of the local "fast guys" get thrown into a special "Pro Level" class just for themselves (the 8 or so drivers you listed Fred)..........I'm not gonna come down to run anymore. What would my incentive be.......staying ahead of Schenktor and Fradette every week?
That's a bunch of BS and extremely elitest. Like Brandon said.........fast guys are in the A-main.......that's their seperate "class"

2 years ago I started racing at RCHR. It was my first time running on dirt (at an organized facility anyway) and Mark told me I would have to run in Sportsman until I'd proven myself to him or whomever else mattered. I thought the same stuff about it then as I do now about this "pro level" class......BS. Did I ever race in sportsman.......nope. I actually almost didn't come down to RCHR at all because I knew that I was better then being thrown in with the novices and I honestly didn't think anyone had the right (or better yet, knowledge, based on not seeing me drive) to tell me what classes I could or could not run.

If ya'll want to get as fast as the RCE and LIR guys.........go race there.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

I guess the chances of us racing Wednesday are slim to non...
Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We can race tonight
Old 01-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
If all of the local "fast guys" get thrown into a special "Pro Level" class just for themselves (the 8 or so drivers you listed Fred)..........I'm not gonna come down to run anymore. What would my incentive be.......staying ahead of Schenktor and Fradette every week?
That's a bunch of BS and extremely elitest. Like Brandon said.........fast guys are in the A-main.......that's their seperate "class"

2 years ago I started racing at RCHR. It was my first time running on dirt (at an organized facility anyway) and Mark told me I would have to run in Sportsman until I'd proven myself to him or whomever else mattered. I thought the same stuff about it then as I do now about this "pro level" class......BS. Did I ever race in sportsman.......nope. I actually almost didn't come down to RCHR at all because I knew that I was better then being thrown in with the novices and I honestly didn't think anyone had the right (or better yet, knowledge, based on not seeing me drive) to tell me what classes I could or could not run.

If ya'll want to get as fast as the RCE and LIR guys.........go race there.
There you go again Matt, misinterpreting what I posted, the mentioning of a "pro leve" or "elite class" wasn't me, all I was stating was, that I wish all the fast guys run in the same CLASS...whether it be 2wd, SC, 4wd....what ever class....not a separate class...with that said, I don't mind running with you in any class, if I'm ahead of you in the heat, you'll let me by, and you'll keep a nice clean line...

As far as racing at other tracks, it is fun as heck, but I want to be able to compete with their fast guys when they come down to our home track....

Elitist??? Nahh, I honestly think of Mark, Kyle, and Proctor in such high regard cause I've seen them race against the LIR and RCE guys and do well against them....everyone else can be delegated to a "fast guy" status....
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Anybody know if any company has pre-painted SCT bodies?

Painted like real trucks. I already know about the ones from the RTR kits, I'm thinking some fresh designs...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

i have not seen any. i made the johnny greaves monster energy potawatami toyota body for my sc8

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.