Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:50 AM
  #13996  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Hey Tom,
So what was your best quakifier, best main finish and fastest lap?? Just for comparison.....keep in mind, tHis was my first time racing the truck....
I am not really a fast lap guy. Just try to be consistent to end well. Always seem to end up with 21 lap qual and 28 main. The time doesn't very that much.
But 16.3
21 6.00.6
28 8:02
Originally Posted by thedoc329
freddy, i can hear the crickets........schenk, were r u?
I was sleeping. You know first day off, 1am on a crappy day. Not much better to do then curl up next to the other half.
tschenck is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 AM
  #13997  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default SC Ribbed Tires & Mod SC....

So, let's get back to discussing ribbed tires in SC at RCHR.....

I say, keep the rules as close to ROAR as possible in SC, last night I ran Barcodes all around in my SC10 and they worked great, I don't see why the need for ribbed tires....just saying, they shouldn't be allowed in SC at RCHR.....

Mod SC...
The concept would work and I'd be awesome if people were a bit more realistic as to where their skill lies and their ability to control a faster motor. Last night we had a group that proved that there could be Clean SC Racing, but that's only when the right people are racing in that heat...

Talk amongst yourselves.....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 AM
  #13998  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Freddy you said for a comparison. So where are your times? Also totally agree with you on there can be clean SC racing. However I dont think your first night can truly represent guys running clean for sc. If you had 11 trucks you had to run 2 heats(lap counter only allows up to 10). 5-6 sct in a heat is going to be a lot cleaner then 10 no matter what.

So where the barcodes better for you? I have been running them in green compound for about 2 months now. Really want to try the Beams but they were out of stock.

Last edited by tschenck; 01-13-2011 at 04:59 AM.
tschenck is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 AM
  #13999  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tschenck
I am not really a fast lap guy. Just try to be consistent to end well. Always seem to end up with 21 lap qual and 28 main. The time doesn't very that much.
But 16.3
21 6.00.6
28 8:02


I was sleeping. You know first day off, 1am on a crappy day. Not much better to do then curl up next to the other half.
Hey Tom,
Its about time buddy, I know the feeling, that's why is so hard for me to get to racing on Saturday sometimes....

But onto the numbers:
Fast lap -- 15.6
Qual. -- 22 6:11
Main -- 28 6:04 -- you got me there bro, mind you, first time racing my truck full bore....

Barcodes worked awesome all the way around, I need to balance mine though.

Next week should be fun, Larry should be joining in with his Blitz, and Tom E. shouldn't be far behind...
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 AM
  #14000  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Impressive Freddy. Especially that 15.6 . Only a few can say they got into the 15's. 15.6 is probably faster then all but one RCHR driver.

Anyways it should be fun with all you guys in the mix.
tschenck is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:54 AM
  #14001  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
So, let's get back to discussing ribbed tires in SC at RCHR.....

I say, keep the rules as close to ROAR as possible in SC, last night I ran Barcodes all around in my SC10 and they worked great, I don't see why the need for ribbed tires....just saying, they shouldn't be allowed in SC at RCHR.....

Mod SC...
The concept would work and I'd be awesome if people were a bit more realistic as to where their skill lies and their ability to control a faster motor. Last night we had a group that proved that there could be Clean SC Racing, but that's only when the right people are racing in that heat...

Talk amongst yourselves.....
I know some of the folks that raced last night........I know it couldn't have been all that clean.......
Dieselpower is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 AM
  #14002  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tschenck
Impressive Freddy. Especially that 15.6 . Only a few can say they got into the 15's. 15.6 is probably faster then all but one RCHR driver.

Anyways it should be fun with all you guys in the mix.
Someone else got a 15.6 I don't know if it weas Brandon, Paulo or Jeff...

We were battling all the way through...

Started the day with the Subcultures and Stock Fronts...too loose.

2nd qualifier Barcodes rears and stock fronts...it pushed a bit.

Main -- Gripped Barcodes all around -- perfect....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 AM
  #14003  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Does holding the fast lap get ya a free salad tossing or something? Everyone's so hopped up on the fast lap times........
I'd much rather a good average top ten then a good fast lap........no?
Dieselpower is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 AM
  #14004  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Someone else got a 15.6 I don't know if it weas Brandon, Paulo or Jeff...
Chris turned a 15.5 and im sure Steve Richardson couldn't hit that with his mod truck lol
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 AM
  #14005  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
So, let's get back to discussing ribbed tires in SC at RCHR.....

I say, keep the rules as close to ROAR as possible in SC, last night I ran Barcodes all around in my SC10 and they worked great, I don't see why the need for ribbed tires....just saying, they shouldn't be allowed in SC at RCHR.....

Mod SC...
The concept would work and I'd be awesome if people were a bit more realistic as to where their skill lies and their ability to control a faster motor. Last night we had a group that proved that there could be Clean SC Racing, but that's only when the right people are racing in that heat...

Talk amongst yourselves.....
Freddy's 100% right here. x2, Fred.
taco94 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 AM
  #14006  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taco94
Freddy's 100% right here. x2, Fred.
Hey Derek I have a question, when was the last time you race with us???? I mean you have a awful lot of input but don't have any output.....I say come on down and let your driving do the talking young man...
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 AM
  #14007  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
I know some of the folks that raced last night........I know it couldn't have been all that clean.......
Who you talking bout Willis
Team STL is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 AM
  #14008  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Does holding the fast lap get ya a free salad tossing or something? Everyone's so hopped up on the fast lap times........
I'd much rather a good average top ten then a good fast lap........no?
That's something slow people say to make themselves feel better....

I totally agree with you sir, but with the Schencktor, you have to speak numbers in order to get the point accross....

Coming down next Wednesday??
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 AM
  #14009  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
That's something slow people say to make themselves feel better....
Thats funny
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 AM
  #14010  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
That's something slow people say to make themselves feel better....
That is funny, even if I dont totally agree with it. Slow and steady is my method.

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
I totally agree with you sir, but with the Schencktor, you have to speak numbers in order to get the point accross....

Coming down next Wednesday??
Um I know it was early but I believe the Big Goya(or was that name already been taken for Raul) asked for numbers.

Either way as I said earlier it looks like you put down some very competitive runs. Now lets get the whole crew for next week and do it with full heats.

Oh how did the other guys finish last night?
tschenck is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.