Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Just to let you guys know, I've been running Acer Ceramic Silicon Nitride differential and thrust balls in my B44 for a few weeks now, and they work really good. They stay smooth, and last through several sets of diff ring sets (as long as you don't slip your diff). Although they are a slightly higher upfront cost, they deffinately are much cheaper in the long run.

We currently are getting sizes for the AE/Losi/Kyosho cars.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

2wd --JC Barcodes in Blue rears w/ Losi 7206s in Pink fronts -- Good with a dusty track, even better with a Swept track.

Truck -- JC Barcodes in Blue all around -- I use that stinky spray on tire compound when that track is nice and swept and they work awesome, they also work pretty good when the track is dusty. I'm gonna try the Gold compound to see how they feel when the track is nice and swept.

I think Larry tried the gold compound Barcodes the other night also and he liked them.

Mark,
Can you guys still order the other type of buggy compound that had the roll on cap thingy?? I used to like that compound, do they still sell it?? was it zip free??
Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
Hey Larry, How are the pink BK-Bars for stadium truck? Should I keep ordering them, or is their something better?
There awesome, finally got used to them on our track but i wouldn't order a whole bunch just keep a few on hand, and i don't think i'll be going back to a pin style tire unless our track has one of those hopless days of traction but i turned my fastest lap on Barcodes believe it or not (14.9)
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Just to let you guys know, I've been running Acer Ceramic Silicon Nitride differential and thrust balls in my B44 for a few weeks now, and they work really good. They stay smooth, and last through several sets of diff ring sets (as long as you don't slip your diff). Although they are a slightly higher upfront cost, they deffinately are much cheaper in the long run.

We currently are getting sizes for the AE/Losi/Kyosho cars.
Yes those balls are awesome, i have the diff balls in my RB5 i love them but now that have those I can feel how sorry my trust balls are HORRIBLE.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
2wd --JC Barcodes in Blue rears w/ Losi 7206s in Pink fronts -- Good with a dusty track, even better with a Swept track.

Truck -- JC Barcodes in Blue all around -- I use that stinky spray on tire compound when that track is nice and swept and they work awesome, they also work pretty good when the track is dusty. I'm gonna try the Gold compound to see how they feel when the track is nice and swept.

I think Larry tried the gold compound Barcodes the other night also and he liked them..
Yeah the golds are pretty good but im running the proline closed cells in them also. But im gonna get me a set of the blue compound to compare them. At the end of the day i think Pink Bk Bars will be the victor but once i try the blues i'll let you no how i feel about them.... But i must say my Pink Bk Bars with the bomb 1 inserts have been wrecking shit...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

I think Larry tried the gold compound Barcodes the other night also and he liked them.

Mark,
Can you guys still order the other type of buggy compound that had the roll on cap thingy?? I used to like that compound, do they still sell it?? was it zip free??
Zip Grip Free, I can get that.

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
There awesome, finally got used to them on our track but i wouldn't order a whole bunch just keep a few on hand, and i don't think i'll be going back to a pin style tire unless our track has one of those hopless days of traction but i turned my fastest lap on Barcodes believe it or not (14.9)
What compound Barcodes? and do you like them better than BK-Bars?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

So who's running the Mod 2wd's SCT's in the 17.5 class? Not that it's helping them much because Proctor smokes them, and I know his truck is 17.5.

Hey Proctor, What speed control are you using in your SCT?
Mark, Proctor runs a tekin rs esc. I will let him post the setting cause I dont know if he wants everyone to know.

As long as there are enough trucks to run, I'll run Mod Truck, I've always liked the Mod Truck class and will continue to run it as long as there's a class for it.
Tom,
You're only running SC, cause you know you can't be competitive in any other class, no matter what you say...
Dont worry Freddy, when there isn't enough of you for a heat we will still let you run with us. lol

Don't you know any better, a lot of people run in the mod classes, not because they improved their "Skillz" but because they can run a faster motor, even if they can't control it...
Probably the most honest post in this whole forum.

Oh Freddy, I will agree with you on the bar codes though. I run them all around on my truck. Only tried the green compound though.

Last edited by tschenck; 12-31-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

What compound Barcodes? and do you like them better than BK-Bars?
Oh wow it's hard to say, those barcodes are hand me downs and i have the slightest idea what they are. Also I'm running the bomb 1 in those Bk bars and they make my truck jump more aggressive (Thats why i kept landing near your Feet)... So as a comparison i would have to use the same inserts in both tires to be honest... Normaly i run Carvers and holeshots (planted).....Running carvers and those Barcodes (allows me to slide over the rutts and pits) BK Bars W/bomb 1 (jumps with very lil throttle input with nice traction) plain on tunning more after the newyears..

Last edited by jaron_cc; 12-31-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

I'm down at the shop if anybody wants to get a couple hours of practice in.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

mark, i am running tekin rs 208 with randy pikes 17.5 baseline setup, im in for sc mod 2wd-with my 17.5 i tried a 10.5 a few months ago indoors to get ready for the last barn race and it was un-drivable at our track, so if the few that r concerned about any type of "mod" motor albeit boosted or true mod in 2wd sct, it really is only worth a few 1/10ths IF it can be held on to. if it appears to be a debatable issue then lets go to no boost, no rotor 17.5 it is nice to be able to clear some of the jumps cleanly tho. i would try the kinetic but my esc's have been good lately.

and not ONE nibble on the bump up comment i made? i figured it would give even more incentive for all sct racers
Old 12-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedoc329
im in for sc mod 2wd-with my 17.5

if it appears to be a debatable issue then lets go to no boost, no rotor 17.5 it is nice to be able to clear some of the jumps cleanly tho. i would try the kinetic but my esc's have been good lately.
I am in for what ever you guys decide. Stock no timing, stock boosted, mod, what ever. Just as long as those "rules" get followed.

Oddly isn't this why we have ROAR? For them to make rules and for us to follow them? That way its the same from track to track. (oh wait now I sound like Mark, no one wants to follow the rules).

Oh and Jeff. If you keep running 29 laps you might have to change your S/N.

Last edited by tschenck; 12-31-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If we had a spec class, then I'd run that. If it's possible to keep my Tekin ESC, then I'd run mod as well. I've run with and without boost. My truck is MUCH faster without it. I get WAY too much wheelspin when I start turning up the wick.

For 2WD, the blue Barcodes are nice. I think the BK's offer more forward grip, but the JCs are more predictable in the turns and easier to mount.

Do the 2WD front BK Bars ever come off backorder? I've been running Barcode fronts, but would like to try something similar if there's anything else out there.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
My opinion,that idea SUCKS,yeah i wanna race a class that really doesn't help develop any skill. that will get you guys one less racer for sure
I'm all for ousting Mod truck........at least it'll rid the track of them there fugly cab-forward bodies.
As far as skills go........I know marshalling SCT has vastly improved my Guinea-Ninja skills.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
I'm all for ousting Mod truck........at least it'll rid the track of them there fugly cab-forward bodies.
As far as skills go........I know marshalling SCT has vastly improved my Guinea-Ninja skills.
you're too funny....
Old 12-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedoc329
mark, i am running tekin rs 208 with randy pikes 17.5 baseline setup, im in for sc mod 2wd-with my 17.5 i tried a 10.5 a few months ago indoors to get ready for the last barn race and it was un-drivable at our track, so if the few that r concerned about any type of "mod" motor albeit boosted or true mod in 2wd sct, it really is only worth a few 1/10ths IF it can be held on to. if it appears to be a debatable issue then lets go to no boost, no rotor 17.5 it is nice to be able to clear some of the jumps cleanly tho. i would try the kinetic but my esc's have been good lately.

and not ONE nibble on the bump up comment i made? i figured it would give even more incentive for all sct racers
I am a big fan of the bump up when we have 2+ solid heats. Regardless of the class I would rather qualify the top 8 or 9 qualify and let the top 1-2 in the lower main bump up. Heck - I will even offer up a lipo to anyone if they don't have the juice needed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.