Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 AM
  #13561  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

This short course stuff is so funny....

Brandon, Mark, and I were talking about it last night, and I kept covering my ears and drown out the convo with "lalalala" .....

As long as there are enough trucks to run, I'll run Mod Truck, I've always liked the Mod Truck class and will continue to run it as long as there's a class for it.

Tom,
You're only running SC, cause you know you can't be competitive in any other class, no matter what you say...

Larry, Epting, Steve,
Don't worry guys, we'll keep the Mod truck class alive at RCHR like we've been doing with the 2wd class, a class that was practically dead and we brought it back.....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
  #13562  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
sst4nbr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I think we should just make 2wd Mod SC an available class anyway tho, as the SC guys improve skillz, it's an area they can step in up without having to hve a whole new vehicle, but it will take some adjusting as SC's get loose, the 2wd's that is once it gets the grunt of a
13.5+.

Also there are quite a few guys with 2SC's also, I'm sure some would choose 2wd Mod SC. Mabye not immediately, but it will grow. Many tracks out there run that as their premier class because of the boom of SC.

Just an idea. Open up the class and let people choose.
POWWWWW you got it and i didnt have to say it!!
sst4nbr1 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
  #13563  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
We've always said bring enough cars and we'll race them, even mini's!
Alright, I'll call up some friends and say that 1/8 e-buggy is on in Waterbury!! j/k
taco94 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 AM
  #13564  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by Glowster21
I agree that SCT and Stadium Truck need to be separated which is why I'm planning on Unlimited SCT. My idea of a mod motor is gearing up the 17.5
Oh great, now you'll have an unfair advantage (a controllable truck) over the the modified 4wd sct's.
RCHR is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 AM
  #13565  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
sst4nbr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I SAY WE RACE TOMMOROW
sst4nbr1 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 AM
  #13566  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I agree about making the17.5 and the mod. 2wd SC 2 different classes instead of the way it is now basically "run what you brung"in the 17.5 class. Being a noob like me I run a stock 17.5 and I know I have a long way to go but it would be nice to run against the top drivers with the same equipment instead of the top drivers with mod trucks.I want to improve myself every time I race but it is hard to judge how much improvement you make because you really are not running against the same equipment.
Team STL is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 AM
  #13567  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 134
Default

I run a 17.5 with the basic esc without timing boost option. Speed is not everything.
The trick is driving skills, traffic etc.

In nitro there are two classes buggy and truggy-no matter what motor.
Makes the hobby much easier.

The turn out creates classes and quality of racing.

Just my 2cents.. I'll run mod if a class opens.

I run sct because it is less expensive..
$190 motor/esc, 3200 25c or 5000 30c under $50, truck $200
nothreat is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM
  #13568  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
I didn't say I was going to do that, I just said that whats should happen. It would be better for the racing part of the hobby.
Told you I would post it....but I wasn't taking credit for it.......: you and your evil empire....

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I think we should just make 2wd Mod SC an available class anyway tho, as the SC guys improve skillz, it's an area they can step in up without having to hve a whole new vehicle, but it will take some adjusting as SC's get loose, the 2wd's that is once it gets the grunt of a
13.5+.

Also there are quite a few guys with 2SC's also, I'm sure some would choose 2wd Mod SC. Mabye not immediately, but it will grow. Many tracks out there run that as their premier class because of the boom of SC.

Just an idea. Open up the class and let people choose.
Don't you know any better, a lot of people run in the mod classes, not because they improved their "Skillz" but because they can run a faster motor, even if they can't control it....

I think the Unlimited Class should be the one to go away, and get more people to run 2wd buggy.... that's the class we should be pushing for 2011, a class that Really Improve skills....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 AM
  #13569  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

So who's running the Mod 2wd's SCT's in the 17.5 class? Not that it's helping them much because Proctor smokes them, and I know his truck is 17.5.

Hey Proctor, What speed control are you using in your SCT?
RCHR is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 AM
  #13570  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
So who's running the Mod 2wd's SCT's in the 17.5 class? Not that it's helping them much because Proctor smokes them, and I know his truck is 17.5.

Hey Proctor, What speed control are you using in your SCT?
He's running a "Mod" ESC, a speed control so fast, that can make your 17.5 run like an 8.5.....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 AM
  #13571  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
We've always said bring enough cars and we'll race them, even mini's!
Schweeet!
Dieselpower is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
  #13572  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (136)
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
Oh great, now you'll have an unfair advantage (a controllable truck) over the the modified 4wd sct's.
Glowster21 is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:41 AM
  #13573  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
He's running a "Mod" ESC, a speed control so fast, that can make your 17.5 run like an 8.5.....
Which one though, I want to see if I can perseude him to run a Novak Kenetic, and come up with setup for 17.5 motors. I want to create a spot on one of the walls for different setup sheets for cars, trucks, and speed controls.
Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Schweeet!
I've told you that a couple times, and the Mini's have failed to show
RCHR is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 AM
  #13574  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
eper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new milford, CT.
Posts: 2,622
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
Hey Tom Epting...

Are these the bullet connectors we need for you? the little shorties that fit the Traxxas speed controls?

the Traxxas are 3.5mm, or do you need short 4mm?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXSGV2&P=8

those will work. thank you
eper is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 AM
  #13575  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Hey Larry, How are the pink BK-Bars for stadium truck? Should I keep ordering them, or is their something better?

Freddy, Your liking the Jconcepts Blue Bar codes front and rear for buggy and truck?

Last edited by RCHR; 12-31-2010 at 09:34 AM.
RCHR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.