Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So Mark was throwing some ideas out there, and he came up with this doozy, get rid of the Mod Truck class, and replace it with a mod SC class, like the one at RCE....

Here's what I imagine a Mod SC lineup would look like...
Proctor, Tom S., Brandon D., Lamar, maybe Steve S., maybe Me, Dan O., Scott P.....

Just throwing it out there, talk amongst yourselves....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
So Mark was throwing some ideas out there, and he came up with this doozy, get rid of the Mod Truck class, and replace it with a mod SC class, like the one at RCE....

Proctor, Tom S., Brandon D., Lamar, maybe Steve S., maybe Me, Dan O., Scott P.....

And just to clarify, that is a 2WD SC class in replacement of Mod Truck.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sure get rid of mod truck,, one less class that i will race and one less vehicle i was planning on buying!! kill a class,, now thats thinking(sarcasm)
Old 12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

im all for it- benefits to s/c mod vs. mod truck, tires r cheaper,rubbing is racing-the s/c class singlehandadly saved our track im sure by some type of a margin, ur tires wont have zing marks on em from other people stuck on u and pinning it, they dont break AND theres what 20 people racing it weekly? all that r curently run mod truck could buy a chassis, body, and ft/rr bumpers and ur done
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

i converted all but 1 of my t4's to sc10s. love the class. i have a mod and a 17.5 truck. my mod will be run for the first time this weekend at rce in the 500
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My B44 is almost sold, B4.1 coming soon...
Old 12-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default RCSCHR

Um WTF is this world coming too i mean first we get a black president now you wanna shoot Mod truck down, come on guys thats just gay nothing against short course but you's are considering killing an actual class noooooo way.....Um guess i'll just be running 2wd buggy but then ppl will want to short course that some how maybe we should consider only running shortcourse ONLY and continue to get kill out of town like some of us do now oh here comes those short course guys from CT (RCSCHR)..
Old 12-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Um WTF is this world coming too i mean first we get a black president now you wanna shoot Mod truck down, come on guys thats just gay nothing against short course but you's are considering killing an actual class noooooo way.....Um guess i'll just be running 2wd buggy but then ppl will want to short course that some how maybe we should consider only running shortcourse ONLY and continue to get kill out of town like some of us do now oh here comes those short course guys from CT (RCSCHR)..
I gotta side with Larry here. Mod truck has a pretty nice following. Why get rid of it? And if you do decide it is best to see mod truck go, how will you know it won't divebomb and end up costing us people? Just something to think about.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not only that, but what will happen to the 17.5 SC spec class should this mod SC idea take off? Again, just something to think about.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My opinion,that idea SUCKS,yeah i wanna race a class that really doesn't help develop any skill. that will get you guys one less racer for sure
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Isnt there basically a mod 2wd sc class now? Or did everyone in the a-main actually have a 17.5 turn motor? If you don't have a 17.5 turn or smaller, it's considered a mod truck.... Or am i wrong?
Or are they just running huge 3s batteries? Sc 17.5 (i thought), was a 2s max limit...
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

I swapped out the stator windings from the Novak Ballistic motor for a customer, and it was a peice of cake only soldering was the normal speed control to motor wires, those motors are nice, that is a really nice feature!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Tom Epting...

Are these the bullet connectors we need for you? the little shorties that fit the Traxxas speed controls?

the Traxxas are 3.5mm, or do you need short 4mm?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXSGV2&P=8
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Wow, Freddy talking about running SC.

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
maybe we should consider only running shortcourse ONLY and continue to get kill out of town like some of us do now oh here comes those short course guys from CT (RCSCHR)..
Hmm RCSCHR.

Originally Posted by eper
My opinion,that idea SUCKS,yeah i wanna race a class that really doesn't help develop any skill. that will get you guys one less racer for sure
I wouldn't say it doesn't develop any skill. Really think I play with setup more now with SC then I ever did with truck. Also really prefer that on any night there are about 5-6 different guys that can win it.

I use to be all about stadium truck but for me personally I dont see myself ever going back. SC is the new stadium truck class for me(hell with those ribbed front tires its even closer) but I guess its not for everyone
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
I swapped out the stator windings from the Novak Ballistic motor for a customer, and it was a peice of cake only soldering was the normal speed control to motor wires, those motors are nice, that is a really nice feature!
Totally agree. That is an awesome feature and can save the end user money. Going to run a different class and already have a motor just buy a $40 stator and you are set.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.