Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Yeah thats funny i never knew about that micro number at the bottom of the spring But does the manual even say that there located there?

Now after messing around with you the other day my truck is horrible, I made some huge changes last night, basicly applied some of the set up thats on my buggy to the truck, weight placement, wheel base ETC.... Also are you running a spacer on the rear axles??
Yeah. Just the stock blue one between the hub and the wheel lock.why what are you running there
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
Yeah. Just the stock blue one between the hub and the wheel lock.why what are you running there
Yes i have, but most of the setups don't call for it. So im gonna give it a try im sure it'll over rotate seeing it's making the rear end a little more narrow. I made that same adjustment on my lazer (Per Brandon) and it rotates like crazy
Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What time do you guys open Wednesday? Pete and I are heading down for some 2wd mod buggy action.

Also, is the layout the same as the Grand Prix?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Yes i have, but most of the setups don't call for it. So im gonna give it a try im sure it'll over rotate seeing it's making the rear end a little more narrow. I made that same adjustment on my lazer (Per Brandon) and it rotates like crazy
Are you sure about that??????? If it was on his Sp then someone else showed him.........
Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ever any luck w/those grand prix videos. u guys always have good videos and i'm sure there was great action in them...check that-i know there was.

R
Old 12-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeel
What time do you guys open Wednesday? Pete and I are heading down for some 2wd mod buggy action.

Also, is the layout the same as the Grand Prix?

Official opening time is 5, but there are usually a few there earlier.

Layout is the same.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

let me know how it works.like i said my truck has plenty of rotation. also how you gonna space the axle. with the spacer inside the hub?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Are you sure about that??????? If it was on his Sp then someone else showed him.........
Yes i no lol

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
ever any luck w/those grand prix videos. u guys always have good videos and i'm sure there was great action in them...check that-i know there was.

R
No but the person who normaly does it is back from the grave so hopefully he'll do it..
Originally Posted by eper
let me know how it works.like i said my truck has plenty of rotation. also how you gonna space the axle. with the spacer inside the hub?
Simple just place the blue spacer on the actual cvd and slide it into the hub....But i musta ran about 150 or more laps tonight on three fully charged batteries, The truck felt good but it tends to squat under power in the turn a lil too hard for me so im gonna have to play with the shock oils other than that 15.2's all night...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Larry the actual reason for that was that I ran a 2mm longer arm(midarm). So I had to put the spacer on the inside. Those axle I just gave you where supposed to work with longer arm but there was to much dogbone plunge. It would bind up the suspension on compression. So the stock axles worked fine with the spacer on the inside. That's the only reason...........
Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Larry the actual reason for that was that I ran a 2mm longer arm(midarm). So I had to put the spacer on the inside. Those axle I just gave you where supposed to work with longer arm but there was to much dogbone plunge. It would bind up the suspension on compression. So the stock axles worked fine with the spacer on the inside. That's the only reason...........
Oh ok never knew that...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Oh ok never knew that...
Must be part of that Noob thing.

Probably something just the original rb5 owners know. cause most of us started with the narrow car and did the conversion. then if you did that you had the irritating thing of buying arms and only having one that you could use.

Man I need to hit the track. It hasn't even been a week and I feel like I am going through withdraw. Think its cause I know I cant go for at least two more weeks.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tschenck
Must be part of that Noob thing.

Probably something just the original rb5 owners know. cause most of us started with the narrow car and did the conversion. then if you did that you had the irritating thing of buying arms and only having one that you could use.

Man I need to hit the track. It hasn't even been a week and I feel like I am going through withdraw. Think its cause I know I cant go for at least two more weeks.
Man i would love to see you run a 2wd buggy or Mod truck or something other than a SC, im sure you have something in that closet you can pull out....How bout it??? I'll even allow you to swear the special schenck blacked out shades...lol
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Man i would love to see you run a 2wd buggy or Mod truck or something other than a SC, im sure you have something in that closet you can pull out....How bout it??? I'll even allow you to swear the special schenck blacked out shades...lol
WED NITE MOD TRUCK NITE,,,, IF YOU GOT ONE BUST EM OUT
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sst4nbr1
WED NITE MOD TRUCK NITE,,,, IF YOU GOT ONE BUST EM OUT
Steve we may need to hold off on the truck night, we have what Steve Richardson calls Predators coming down from RCE but Lopes has a truck also so we just may have to redeam our selfs from what Steve Richarson also considers pearl harbor at RCHR... im ready
Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Actually Larry, I am clearing out a lot of my stuff from that closet. Work is not looking good and announced outsoucing. So anything I take out of the closet is going up for sale.

Anyways didn't you buy a sc-r to join in the sc fun? Believe you are the one that called me out like 2 months ago.

As for the shades I only wear them during the summer. They have my prescription in them and I can actually see better with them then my regular glasses.

Anyways I will see you in two weeks.

Seriously Larry. You are looking good with that buggy though. 30 laps last Wed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.