Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
No im going...... Im also gonna stop running DD's and just run Bk bars only.... I always wonder why Kyle never ran any other tire, Every other track runs Bk Bars only and there came to our track and there were on rials, another lesson learned....
Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
Whats wired about that???? lol
Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

my car got around fine on Double Dee's...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I probably would have done better on Double Dee's as well. My well worn flipouts wore out, and I loss traction throughout the day.

edit: I'm coming up to sweep the 2WD class if there's racing on Wednesday. lol
Old 11-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great time racing with you guys. Hope to see you up our way soon. Winter Heat should be great!!! As for supporting OUR guys it's just a matter of rooting for friends. Guys we have seen mature as drivers and it's nice to see them suceed. It's also important to support them on bad days as well. Anyone who needs help just come up and ask anyone of us. We'll help anyone. Doesn't matter what car or class. Our guys know we will so they just come right up to us. I'm letting you guys know you can do the same. All you have to do is ask. I'll see if I can get a set-up sheet up in the next few days for my cars. I'll ask Andrew and Vin as well. I know that I didn't change anything on any of my cars from my LIR set-up. Even if I'm not at the track you can always pm me for some ideas to try. I have helped a few guys that way as well. The best thing though is practice. I will say one thing I would change and it's a common mistake my new guys make as well. It seems people get to caught up in the fast lap. Thats not the time you want to worry about. It's the average lap and the interval between your fast lap and slow lap. Thats what really gets it done. Hope to see you guys soon.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCHR
my car got around fine on Double Dee's...
Correct my car was setup for them also thats why i didn't change them on my buggy or truck... I was looking at it from a advantage point, those other guys came from that environment so there were already setup... But i guess what i'll do prior to visiting a away track is setup for Bk Bars so i could have some type of feel....
Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Mark will the track be open Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving?

See everyone wed night for some 2wd buggy action!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gottahaveit

Yes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gottahaveit

Yeah see you there Mr 15.1 lol
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I probably would have done better on Double Dee's as well. My well worn flipouts wore out, and I loss traction throughout the day.

edit: I'm coming up to sweep the 2WD class if there's racing on Wednesday. lol
Hey you didn't say you were on vacation big hommie..lol enjoy it...
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Chris Proctor is armed with a Durango now, 4wd should be getting very very competitive....
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
Great time racing with you guys. Hope to see you up our way soon. Winter Heat should be great!!! As for supporting OUR guys it's just a matter of rooting for friends. Guys we have seen mature as drivers and it's nice to see them suceed. It's also important to support them on bad days as well. Anyone who needs help just come up and ask anyone of us. We'll help anyone. Doesn't matter what car or class. Our guys know we will so they just come right up to us. I'm letting you guys know you can do the same. All you have to do is ask. I'll see if I can get a set-up sheet up in the next few days for my cars. I'll ask Andrew and Vin as well. I know that I didn't change anything on any of my cars from my LIR set-up. Even if I'm not at the track you can always pm me for some ideas to try. I have helped a few guys that way as well. The best thing though is practice. I will say one thing I would change and it's a common mistake my new guys make as well. It seems people get to caught up in the fast lap. Thats not the time you want to worry about. It's the average lap and the interval between your fast lap and slow lap. Thats what really gets it done. Hope to see you guys soon.
Thanks to the LIR crew for making it up to the race and making it a great race! Sorry about getting squished in 4wd Rob..

Bringing our little 11 year old phenom down on Dec 5th, see you then!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Correct my car was setup for them also thats why i didn't change them on my buggy or truck... I was looking at it from a advantage point, those other guys came from that environment so there were already setup... But i guess what i'll do prior to visiting a away track is setup for Bk Bars so i could have some type of feel....
When I go to those other tracks, I'll just change the camber to complement the tires.

What I would like to do is get some practice in and find the best spot for me at the drivers stand.

My car ran great with double dees, I just let my nerves get the best of me, I didn't push my car as hard as I could, I was being too cautious.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
It seems people get to caught up in the fast lap. Thats not the time you want to worry about. It's the average lap and the interval between your fast lap and slow lap. Thats what really gets it done. Hope to see you guys soon.
Preach!

As a new racer that was my hangup. I threw that mentality out the window and I'm getting faster and more consistent each time out.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys

Just wanted to say Big thanks to everyone but especially the whole RCHR Crew! We had A blast racing with everyone! Looking foarward to seeing you all soon! also too Add to what Rob said It's the same deal Here At RCE we are always willing to help anyone! whether your from RCE or not...setups ect.

Mikey

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.