Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
  #12811  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Same here. I actually had fun getting whooped by the fast guys. Next year I'll have something for them.
Dude i Text you earlier any luck with those shots..... And what was your fastest time Last night???

Last edited by jaron_cc; 11-21-2010 at 05:25 PM.
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:09 PM
  #12812  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

15.2x in the second qualifier. It was the only time that I beat Royce (by a few hundredths). That dude was SUPER consistent in every category.

My hard drive is full. I can order another SCSI drive, but they're old and expensive. Maybe I'll buy a new pc this week.

edit: Is the track going to keep its groove, or will it absorb it?
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
  #12813  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
.
Is the track going to keep its groove, or will it absorb it?
It should there was a lot of rubber laid down so it should be great from here on out....... Can't wait for the winter series to start Tom Epting has a sticker on his truck that im after
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
  #12814  
Tech Master
 
fatkidracing14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SEYMOUR, CT
Posts: 1,086
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
It should there was a lot of rubber laid down so it should be great from here on out....... Can't wait for the winter series to start Tom Epting has a sticker on his truck that im after
me too Larry...... and i think your right on about running with the faster guys, hell chasing you made me faster!!
fatkidracing14 is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:45 PM
  #12815  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fatkidracing14
me too Larry...... and i think your right on about running with the faster guys, hell chasing you made me faster!!
Yes'sir i remember last year on club nights when i first ran with Kyle and i said to myself what is the freaken purpose he was eatting us alive and now after reviewing the results i would have placed 7th or 8th in the A main had my sensor wire not bit the dust, thats a big come up from last year.....But lets keep pushing guys......
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:49 PM
  #12816  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I'm down for some RCE Gobbler on Sunday, thinking about taking a drive up on Friday to do some practice nice and early so I won't look like a fish out of water like the last time I was up there....

Lamar,
Awesome job again bro, you did an awesome job on Saturday......pitting in the back room does make people faster....

Definitely doing 2wd mod next year, I beat two out of three guys that I wanted to beat in Limited this year, Royce is just on another level, he should be running in mod and probably be top three...
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
  #12817  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Freddy, you must have been doing your thing in the main because I didn't even see your car. I have to work Friday morning, but I'll go up for practice.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
  #12818  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So will there be racing this Wednesday? I know that it is the day before Thanksgiving, that is why I ask. It is also my 16th birthday, so I figure I'd treat myself to a good old Wednesday Worlds race and some KFC. Oooohhhhh Yeaaahhhh!!!

Last edited by taco94; 11-21-2010 at 07:23 PM.
taco94 is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 03:26 AM
  #12819  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
eper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new milford, CT.
Posts: 2,622
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure if you guys(from RCHR) noticed but the guys from visiting tracks all stuck together and helped each other all day.They cheered there guys on and kept them cool.My point is we need to do the same things and all work together to pick up the pace and to become more consistent.i believe the only reason some of our guys got beat was a consistancy issue,nothing more.Lets all team up and have some good showings in these upcoming away races. Hope to see you all wed.If not HAPPY TURKEY DAY. GOBLE GOBLE
eper is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 03:52 AM
  #12820  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eper
I'm not sure if you guys(from RCHR) noticed but the guys from visiting tracks all stuck together and helped each other all day.They cheered there guys on and kept them cool.My point is we need to do the same things and all work together to pick up the pace and to become more consistent.i believe the only reason some of our guys got beat was a consistancy issue,nothing more.Lets all team up and have some good showings in these upcoming away races. Hope to see you all wed.If not HAPPY TURKEY DAY. GOBLE GOBLE
I agree i thought i was gonna need a RED kyosho sweatshirt a few time to get some love. I think the big part of our performance were our nerves, they were a lil better than normal but I was still shaking but the few times i heard our guys root me on........man did that help me out so much...... But were all were pretty quite think i'll step my game up as well and cheer on our drivers a lil harder....Lets have a nice strong turn out on the 5th guys......
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 03:58 AM
  #12821  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Go Shirley and the family!!!!
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 04:21 AM
  #12822  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
I agree i thought i was gonna need a RED kyosho sweatshirt a few time to get some love. I think the big part of our performance were our nerves, they were a lil better than normal but I was still shaking but the few times i heard our guys root me on........man did that help me out so much...... But were all were pretty quite think i'll step my game up as well and cheer on our drivers a lil harder....Lets have a nice strong turn out on the 5th guys......
Larry,
Not going to the Gobbler??

As far as cheering went:
I cheered for Proctor and got shut down....
I was cheering for Kyle and got shhhh-ed...
I cheered for Larry and Brandon while I was marshalling, which maybe I shouldn't have, couldn't help it.
I would've cheered for Epting and Larry in truck, but I was racing with them....
I got cheered on a couple of times in my 2wd race.

The LIR and RCE guys know for a fact who their fast guys are, and they suppport them and help them out as much they can.

At RCHR we now have a group of consistently fast drivers, but we don't have the same support from some of our fellow racers that these other racerss have.

We're just not used to seeing our guys do good against the LIR and RCE guys, times are changing though, it'll only get better from here...
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 AM
  #12823  
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
As far as cheering went:
I cheered for Proctor and got shut down....
I was cheering for Kyle and got shhhh-ed...
I cheered for Larry and Brandon while I was marshalling, which maybe I shouldn't have, couldn't help it.
I would've cheered for Epting and Larry in truck, but I was racing with them....
I got cheered on a couple of times in my 2wd race.

The LIR and RCE guys know for a fact who their fast guys are, and they suppport them and help them out as much they can.

At RCHR we now have a group of consistently fast drivers, but we don't have the same support from some of our fellow racers that these other racerss have.

We're just not used to seeing our guys do good against the LIR and RCE guys, times are changing though, it'll only get better from here...
Yeh i felt the world was against me in limited 2wd. Not hate but boy you knew exactly what my chief opponent was doing in each corner. never really experienced that before. still i think we both wished for some help with lapped traffic, lucky for him his supporters helped with that, i wasnt so lucky in that regard. dont recall hearing anything when i got hosed either. people after the race asked me why i didnt call out to the director or get pissed due to the circumstances of that race. i felt it was no point, it happens, we all have good luck and bad luck. still had no issue with shaking the guy's hand and saying good race. he said he was sorry and i said i thought he got hosed a lil bit on another deal getting marshaled too so all is well that ends well i say.

The result i achieved with the same car in the mod final erased any lingering thought of the previous race anyway!

R
UltegraSTI is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 06:00 AM
  #12824  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Larry,
Not going to the Gobbler??
...
No im going...... Im also gonna stop running DD's and just run Bk bars only.... I always wonder why Kyle never ran any other tire, Every other track runs Bk Bars only and there came to our track and they were on rials, another lesson learned....

Last edited by jaron_cc; 11-22-2010 at 06:31 AM.
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 AM
  #12825  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So is it safe to assume that there will be racing this Wednesday even though the next day is Turkey Day?
taco94 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.