Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yeah i was in the building today. held it down first 2 rounds,then freddy showed me some new skills. But did ok for first day back.
mark schooled the 4wd drive class his buggy looked glued in the main
i think his name is jack,he took down sc
and that sick kid alex broke in the main,man hes fast. So Will took down sc mod
i was extremely happy to bhe back i missed racing w/ everyone, see you guys in 2 weeks
Old 10-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
yeah i was in the building today. held it down first 2 rounds,then freddy showed me some new skills. But did ok for first day back.
mark schooled the 4wd drive class his buggy looked glued in the main
i think his name is jack,he took down sc
and that sick kid alex broke in the main,man hes fast. So Will took down sc mod
i was extremely happy to bhe back i missed racing w/ everyone, see you guys in 2 weeks
Glad to see you back, and Mod truck is going to be THE class this winter..

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Hey Larry,

I gotta say, Epting got back to form within a couple of qualifiers, he was TQ for the first two qualifiers, then I tq'ed in the third qualifier, and took the main.

We'll have some awesome battles.

We also had SC, 4wd, and unlimited SC...
Thanks Freddy, really wish i could had been there today but im still at work, 16 hr day. But good run, there going to be some crazy battles.....
Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, for those of you with RB5s, I need some help. I was told the Goosebumps would give me the most traction here, but they only made matters worse. So I put on my Double Dees, give them a nice coating of traction compound, and lower the ride height a little bit. The thing is the traction compound only worked for 2 1/2 minutes and my suspension got shot, resulting in only one quality run (1st qual). So I just want to know what you guys with RB5s are doing for setups and whatnot.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Hey, for those of you with RB5s, I need some help. I was told the Goosebumps would give me the most traction here, but they only made matters worse. So I put on my Double Dees, give them a nice coating of traction compound, and lower the ride height a little bit. The thing is the traction compound only worked for 2 1/2 minutes and my suspension got shot, resulting in only one quality run (1st qual). So I just want to know what you guys with RB5s are doing for setups and whatnot.
First You need to sit down with Brandon . D for the third time but heres some things you can try.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...CE20100912.pdf

Second most of our setups are tweaked verison of this.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...ut20090724.pdf

Third go see Brandon D. But goosebumps are what i use only out side or when the track is fresh from a new layout, certainly not a fast tire on a swept track, but i like Double dee's and what are you running up front that can make things just as bad..
Old 10-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Derick...Goosebumps do have the most side bite, typically can even cause the car to traction roll once the bite gets too high....it all depends on your setup. You do need to setup the car particluar to the type of tire you are running as well.

We will take a look at it later. But for now, I am running DD's in the rear and taper pins on the front. Also, there is added weight in my car and Im sure a BOAT LOAD of other things, but I cant reveal that to you over the internet
Old 10-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Hey Freddy,

I ran my Mini Sprint for the first time tonight...after forst round I got dead last, went back to the pit and made a few suspension tweaks and scored 7 more laps in the 2nd round...I Tq's and won the MAIN ! Man that was fun !
Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
Hey Freddy,

I ran my Mini Sprint for the first time tonight...after forst round I got dead last, went back to the pit and made a few suspension tweaks and scored 7 more laps in the 2nd round...I Tq's and won the MAIN ! Man that was fun !
Nice Brandon!!!!

There's another team name, "Team Left
Turns".....
Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Nice Brandon!!!!

There's another team name, "Team Left
Turns".....
Nice!!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Tell me someone is still alive here.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Traction compound on Double Dees?? why?? I only use traction compound on Losi pink compound tires, which are a bit harder than the Green compound double dees. Adding compound to double dees is a sure way to wear your tires faster.

I would say, work on your suspension set up, trim down your trigger finger, and watch for track conditions. If the track was recently wet down and swept, then you might get away with using goosebumps or flip outs, if you're a couple of heats down the list, then double dees or holeshots, if you're in the last two heats, when the track is dry and a groove sets in, then double dees or bks would work awesome. That's my assessments of the situation.....

Of course I could be wrong....
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Traction compound on Double Dees?? why?? I only use traction compound on Losi pink compound tires, which are a bit harder than the Green compound double dees. Adding compound to double dees is a sure way to wear your tires faster.

I would say, work on your suspension set up, trim down your trigger finger, and watch for track conditions. If the track was recently wet down and swept, then you might get away with using goosebumps or flip outs, if you're a couple of heats down the list, then double dees or holeshots, if you're in the last two heats, when the track is dry and a groove sets in, then double dees or bks would work awesome. That's my assessments of the situation.....

I agree with that there Fredro! That back pit space supplies wisdom with that car stand! Lol
Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

For the rb5 I would go by what brandon and freddy are telling you. I think my last rb5 setup was DD and Panther bobcats (very close to a taper pin)with a 10
.5. I believe spring were also orange fronts and lime rears or purple rear(one lighter lower on spring rate). This is from memory but I am totally drunk right now so I might be off on springs. Oh thanks again for coming ( westcoast and Proctor.)
Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Freddy. That sounds pretty good. I won't be racing the buggy for a couple of months, though.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

It's also not all about the rear tire, your front has to bite enough as well when using gbumps, that's why Mark makes cut-shuts gbumps for front, it's perfect when using goosebumps rear. Anything else pushes on exit with the buggy and gives the appearance of no traction due to the inconsistency and ability of the front tire not being able to keep up with the rear.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Sidebite? Buy a Cougar. I think John/Mark have a few more in stock.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.