Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:58 PM
  #11131  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taco94
Hey Freddy, I'm sure you'd know this: Since they run a 1/8 buggy class, it would make sense they run a 1/8 truggy class, right? I'm in the market for an O'Donnell and that place looks kinda nice.
Can't help you there bro, I've never like the 1/8th scale anything, so I'm about the worst person you can ask about it....

Kyle, Brushitis, Schenck, they can all provide you with better info on the subject.
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
  #11132  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Can't help you there bro, I've never like the 1/8th scale anything, so I'm about the worst person you can ask about it....

Kyle, Brushitis, Schenck, they can all provide you with better info on the subject.
I'm not asking for advice really, I'm just wondering if they have a class for truggy. I'm almost positive you've been up there, and seeing the video of the 1/8 buggies down there, it just makes sense to have truggies, too. I just want to know if it is an active class.
taco94 is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM
  #11133  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
tazz888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Derek I believe they to run truggy there but don't base a decision off of Vineland. It is way to far of a drive from CT to regularly race there.

My suggestion to you is to focus on the classes that you will race most at the local tracks. If your looking for something to do during the slow summertime electric season I'd look at what the other local tracks offer before I would even consider going out of state to race.
tazz888 is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 04:05 PM
  #11134  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
krhodes12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taco94
I'm not asking for advice really, I'm just wondering if they have a class for truggy. I'm almost positive you've been up there, and seeing the video of the 1/8 buggies down there, it just makes sense to have truggies, too. I just want to know if it is an active class.
Derek, they do race truggy there as well. One of the times I went down there I ran it along with my 1/8 buggy. For the eastern states race down there runs nitro and electric on different days. Saturday is electric and Sunday is nitro.
krhodes12 is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 06:41 PM
  #11135  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tazz888
Derek I believe they to run truggy there but don't base a decision off of Vineland. It is way to far of a drive from CT to regularly race there.
I don't intend on going there on a regular basis. This place in Oakville about 15 minutes from my house is where I'll be racing locally, Pin Shop.

Thanks for letting me know, Kyle. Would you happen to know if they've held any other big races like the RC Pro Series or something like that?
taco94 is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 PM
  #11136  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
krhodes12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taco94
I don't intend on going there on a regular basis. This place in Oakville about 15 minutes from my house is where I'll be racing locally, Pin Shop.

Thanks for letting me know, Kyle. Would you happen to know if they've held any other big races like the RC Pro Series or something like that?
As for pro series, I am not sure about, but there eastern states challenge has been going on for a long time and is a huge race. The first ROAR nationals was held at Family Hobbies along with the first Trinity Shootout. They have held some big race and it is a great place to race.
krhodes12 is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 03:19 AM
  #11137  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
eper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new milford, CT.
Posts: 2,622
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

damn larry already putting a target on my back. i'm gonna be extremely rusty but hope to get back on my game quickly,you been racin lately?
eper is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 03:50 AM
  #11138  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eper
damn larry already putting a target on my back. i'm gonna be extremely rusty but hope to get back on my game quickly,you been racin lately?
When exactly do you intend on starting to get your game back?

Soooooo, you also got a new buggy?
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 01:01 PM
  #11139  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eper
damn larry already putting a target on my back. i'm gonna be extremely rusty but hope to get back on my game quickly,you been racin lately?
Dude that comes with the territory brother, you hold the number 1 crown so its more than just me its every one in mod truck. It sucks to hold the crown huh, every one is gunning for you and that target is just gonna be all nice an bright lmao better bring your A game, but i raced for the first time this past Wednesday for the first time in Months so im still rusty. Its ok im not bringing the RT5 out until i see the whites in your eyes....
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
  #11140  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Layout for Vintage Nats !

Guys, Track was flattened out when I got there this afternoon and John and Manuel,and Pete were settin up the jumps. Its coming soon, tomorrow, if not Monday should be all set......nice and wet ! Moist, damp. We shall see what happens !
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 06:00 PM
  #11141  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Well thats great news...

Does anyone have a 10.5 or hotter motor that I can use for the Eastern States @ Vineland.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 PM
  #11142  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default motors

I gotz an older Novak EX 8.5 if no one else comes through for ya..........

I'll also be down for a little mod truck and 2wd buggy when winter hits........Wednesdays that is.

Last edited by Dieselpower; 08-28-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Dieselpower is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM
  #11143  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RCHR Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WEST Coast for Life!
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Well thats great news...

Does anyone have a 10.5 or hotter motor that I can use for the Eastern States @ Vineland.
yes, Novak Ballistic 10.5 or Velocity 7.5

call me
RCHR Racer is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 07:29 PM
  #11144  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Well thats great news...

Does anyone have a 10.5 or hotter motor that I can use for the Eastern States @ Vineland.
I have a 10.5 as well.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 07:44 PM
  #11145  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
yes, Novak Ballistic 10.5 or Velocity 7.5

call me
thanks to all my boyz... looks like the Vintage Kitty is going to stretch its legs at Vineland!
Raul Garcia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.