Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Not for nuthin, but I don't think we need anyone from LI or MA for attendence to rise. There are plenty of racers in CT and things are lookin brighter every day.....
1) RCM is having major issues getting things finalized for the indoor tracks......who knows when it will happen? Who knows how many indoor weekend warriors from there might find their way to RCHR? Chris is a great guy and I would never, ever wish him any ill will, but if he loses some people.....we might as well pick em up rather then have em knitting on Saturdays instead of racing.
2) Weather......ahhh, no mo nitro.
3) EPA......Ahhhh, no mo nitro! Sooner or later there will not be any more nitro. Very soon, AMA will ban 2 strokes from competition....every other 2 stroke manufacturer will be forced to follow suit.
4) If everyone at RCE is as fast as Justin Lopes and everyone at LIR is as fast as James Schlick........I'll be happy to stay in Waterbury.

BTW...Mark, I still need some more fliers for the hbby shops up here in the NW corner. If you could just send me a PDF.......I could probably handle it from there.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
4) If everyone at RCE is as fast as Justin Lopes and everyone at LIR is as fast as James Schlick........I'll be happy to stay in Waterbury.
Hey I got him in round one and was on the same lap for round 2 and 3. Got lapped in the main though.

I actually like it when there are people a little faster(not Kyle or Schlick fast). Gives you something to work for.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Hell for me i wish every one was ryan cavalieri and ryan maifield fast!!! i need that kick in the a**. i want to be a fast accurate and courteous driver. i want to be every thing that i can be, for my self and the club. and this is the only way its going to happen. fast good drivers to chace, look at kyle he didnt get fast racing guys like me slow and all over the track, he got fast chasing guys like mark,schlick,nocella,and other fast guys so bring on the big boys!!! trust me i get mad when i get my a** handed to me but after i stop and think about it, im happy because im going to push my program harder. i never spent a lot of time working on my cars ,now in online looking up set-ups talking to other drivers and just trying new things to make sure that im the best i can be that day i have my ups and downs but i think im getting better and im not taking as many people out.. and just so you all know i get very mad at my self when i take someone out its not cool if i hit you i messed up it was not on perpus just my 10cent worth

thank you to everyone that have been helping me!!! it means alot
Old 10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tschenck
Hey I got him in round one and was on the same lap for round 2 and 3. Got lapped in the main though.
Twice, lol 16.4 in the main

To be honest, the main was my only clean run. I had trouble adjusting to the smaller layout than what I am used to and I still think I would need some setup work to truly get dialed on that layout/surface.

I'll be back again. I really liked that track. I think you can find more speed in the corners, and on a swept track like that, I might experiment with a smaller pin tire on my truck and buggy. I was running Suburbs and Holeshots. I also tried tapers, BKs, and DDs while I was there.

See you guys in a couple weeks.

Last edited by Jeel; 10-18-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatkidracing14
Hell for me i wish every one was ryan cavalieri and ryan maifield fast!!! i need that kick in the a**. i want to be a fast accurate and courteous driver. i want to be every thing that i can be, for my self and the club. and this is the only way its going to happen. fast good drivers to chace, look at kyle he didnt get fast racing guys like me slow and all over the track, he got fast chasing guys like mark,schlick,nocella,and other fast guys so bring on the big boys!!! trust me i get mad when i get my a** handed to me but after i stop and think about it, im happy because im going to push my program harder. i never spent a lot of time working on my cars ,now in online looking up set-ups talking to other drivers and just trying new things to make sure that im the best i can be that day i have my ups and downs but i think im getting better and im not taking as many people out.. and just so you all know i get very mad at my self when i take someone out its not cool if i hit you i messed up it was not on perpus just my 10cent worth
I agree with this 100%. We have anywhere from 5-8 really fast offroad guys at RCE that can run on the same lap as the top regional guys and LIR obviously has a deep number of racers that can do the same.

The only way to get to that level is racing guys at that level. I have the same issue at my home track (RCE) with Mike Wilder...he is only guy I cannot beat straight up. Just can't beat him staight up, but still hoping at some point it may happen. It seems like every time I close the gap in our speed he finds another tenth or two. But it still makes both of us better drivers.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fatkidracing14

Oh, I hear ya J. I was just bustin chops about the fast guy thing. I would've stopped running SCT a long time ago if I weren't bent on getting faster then Ed and/or Raul.
That's also why I'm gonna be running 4wd.......the fast guys will only make me faster.......or I'll make them slower.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

yeah i think the bj4 is going back together thanks a lot rich lol that was fun running you car it was super dailed my car never ran that good
Old 10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Oh, I hear ya J. I was just bustin chops about the fast guy thing. I would've stopped running SCT a long time ago if I weren't bent on getting faster then Ed and/or Raul.
That's also why I'm gonna be running 4wd.......the fast guys will only make me faster.......or I'll make them slower.
Yeh I agree Matt, by me running with the faster guys just made me a faster driver myself... I follow there lines and try to limit my mistakes. But it also falls on how much time you take out to practice... you know the meaning " Practice makes perfect" Well its true... I practice Mon, Tue , and Fri for a total of maybe 8 hours with tuning and trying different tires, trying different lines.. and look at how I did on Sat.. I didnt win, but I was a competitor to the faster guys... And if I didnt break that front arm I would've placed 5, after being down 1 1/2 laps from the field...

And Jay, I'm glad you got the bug to... I would like to have more guys in the 4WD class, now that Kyle is in the shop building one, and Matt is getting one it will make the class a lot more fun and challenging...

But I have one thing to say to you JAY....... BRING IT..... LOL
Old 10-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Running with the Faster guys will indeed make you faster, I've been telling the new guys, take your time and learn how to control your car first, don't let anyone rush you out of sportsman, and just have fun.

I still got lots to learn from Mark, Kyle and others, but I'm getting there, I've always liked running with the faster guys, like mentioned before, it gives you something to shoot for, and it provides a gauge for your progress.

As long as we keep the racing CLEAN, 4wd is going to re-live it's glory days real soon at RCHR....
Old 10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Running with the Faster guys will indeed make you faster, I've been telling the new guys, take your time and learn how to control your car first, don't let anyone rush you out of sportsman, and just have fun.

I still got lots to learn from Mark, Kyle and others, but I'm getting there, I've always liked running with the faster guys, like mentioned before, it gives you something to shoot for, and it provides a gauge for your progress.

As long as we keep the racing CLEAN, 4wd is going to re-live it's glory days real soon at RCHR....
Don't worry Freddy........I'll move over whenever one of ya'll is on me.
My SCT manners aren't going to come with me into 4wd.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Oh.....My condolences to any Giants fans out there.
Ya'll got a straight up Black & Gold smackdown.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I agree attendance is on the rise. Also the locals are racing more than one class usually, if they are in single attendance. I think locals(CT) racers have become lazy in making it to the track. There are local die hards such as Myself, Matt, Joe, Freddy, Tom and Dan, Kyle, Kevin, Mike M., Greg, Jay, and I am prolly forgetting a few others. But winter is coming, and attendance will begin to increase and have more consistent locals racing. Now, just come down to race and support the LHS(RCHR).
Old 10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

BTW, who's racing 4wd on wednesday?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
BTW, who's racing 4wd on wednesday?
I think I will be there Raul.... Its going to be tough, but I won't be able to race next sat, so I will do my best to make it to the wed race....
Old 10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HobbyTown Rich
I think I will be there Raul.... Its going to be tough, but I won't be able to race next sat, so I will do my best to make it to the wed race....
Sounds good. I am out for Sat's for the rest of the month. Im just trying to get wheel time on the 4wd..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.