Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mark (RCHR)

Do you guys have any Lunsford Motor Mounting Screws, "fatboys" or "fathead" whatever they're called, in stock??
Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Get it set up the right way Tom, I don't want to hear any excuses...
So now that I have gotten to go to bed for 2 hrs, its time to think about the setup. I think I have it, mud in the shocks, sand in my diff but I am torn on tires.

Kyle or Steve maybe you can help me? Looking at my choices its either Phantom DD's or Ghost Holeshots(I call them that because you can just barely see where the pattern was). Which one do you think will give me that dialed setup to be able to hang with big Fred?

Oh and Freddy they are called "fat boy" motor screws part #7901.

Also Kyle do you think its to late to be able to rock that ghetto graphics body for the weekend? Figure you haven't started it since I haven't heard anything. I will be running the one for my sc10 though.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

"I haven't driven my car in so and so long"

"This is my spare car, not my race car"

"I'm only running my 13.5 in my car, should've run the 10.5"

Any of these sound familiar??
Somebody got served!

2WD buggy has been getting real fun the last two races. There has been enough people to race a class without having to be put in with the monster trucks. Some real good racing too. Now I hear there will be at least two more on the track Sat? Nice!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh come on Tom, I was messing with ya , that's what we do, I take a jab at you, then you at me, and vice versa, don't tell me you've gone soft...

See, if you weren't coming to race on Saturday, I would've probably just run my XX, but since you're coming down, I gotta bust out the XXX....
Jeeze Frederick! I get my XX all set up for battle with you and Scooby-Steve on Saturday and your gonna ditch to run with Tom. I thought you liked me for me Freddy, but it must have been the lure of my swarthy skin tone.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Looks like I'll be kickin' it old school saturday....the JRX-2 is setup and ready to rock. Damn thing is wicked smooth for a 20+ year old buggy with a little bit of "modern love" added in!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey freddy, ya gonna bring it on sat for truck, stay tuned for the bill mckinney show...

i could do a quote.....

bill
Old 08-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

My house got broken in to, they stole my LCD TV, my kids Wii and Video Games, my camcorder, and my out of service, 2 year old cellie...

May God have mercy on their soul....

Is that stuff covered under homeowners insurance??

So, I'm not sure If I'll be coming up to race, I'm a bit afraid to leave the house alone under these circumstances, either way, I have tonight and tomorrow to think about it...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ohh geez, sorry to dissapoint ya Matt, but I gotta bust out the XXX...

Thanks for the correction there Tommy S., I just want to get people to come down and race... specially a grudge race...

Hey Bill,
I think the truck show is gonna have to go on without me, If I do show up, I'm running 2wd and 4wd...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

You know what, fine, If I do indeed show up, I'll run 2wd Vintage, 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod.

If Steve, Matt, Joe, Raul, The other Steve with the Schumaker, show up, that'll be an awesome vintage race...
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

My house got broken in to, they stole my LCD TV, my kids Wii and Video Games, my camcorder, and my out of service, 2 year old cellie...

May God have mercy on their soul....

Is that stuff covered under homeowners insurance??

So, I'm not sure If I'll be coming up to race, I'm a bit afraid to leave the house alone under these circumstances, either way, I have tonight and tomorrow to think about it...
That sucks. Just be glad that you and your family are alright and its only material things that were taken. Sucks but with things today it could be a lot worse.

On the positive side they didn't take any of your rc stuff.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tschenck
That sucks. Just be glad that you and your family are alright and its only material things that were taken. Sucks but with things today it could be a lot worse.

On the positive side they didn't take any of your rc stuff.
Yup, that's what I told my wife, the material stuff is not that important, what they took away more than anything, is the peace of mind....

I'd imagine it to be some junkie pety thief, only looking for a quick snatch and sell, he only took what he thought he could sell quick....
Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Yup, that's what I told my wife, the material stuff is not that important, what they took away more than anything, is the peace of mind....

I'd imagine it to be some junkie pety thief, only looking for a quick snatch and sell, he only took what he thought he could sell quick....
that would usually be electronics and jewelry. since you didn't say anything this morning I take it they broke in today after everyone went to work or school.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Yup...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That blows Freddy, but like Tom said, at least you and the girls are all safe and well. Depending on your policy, your homeowners will probably cover it, but you'll probably want to talk it over with your agent so ya'll can weigh the possibilities of your premium going through the roof due to one small claim -VS- payng for the stuff out of pocket.

I know there are some pretty simple security systems that are fairly cheap if you wanna go that route......something in the way of a small cam linked to your PC or even a webcam or something like that. Perhaps set on a motion sensor.
When I was living in New Orleans back in the 90s, I didn't sleep one single good wink until I got a large, intimidating dog. She's really a sweetheart, but I don't think any bad guys will wait around to find that out for themselves.

Either way, I'll bring the XX on Saturday and see what the class is looking like. The 17.5 from my 10t will be running in the buggy as my truck diff sounded more like a bowl of Rice Crispies after the main.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Freddy im sorry to hear about your house but im very happy the the kids and you and your wife are ok keep you head up bro it will be ok!!!

they didnt get thr rc stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.