Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
  #5911  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 145
Default

wow, i am really sorry guys
here is the motor in the sc10 its perfect for me, not fast and controllable
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Inrunner

this is what i did to make it work in a 540 setup



when i come down on saturday you can see and try it , its alot slower than a 17 turn reedy but for me slower is better
jombo is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
  #5912  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Makes me miss the Feigaos I used to run in my Vendettas. I always knew those things had enough guts to scoot a 1/10.
Dieselpower is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
  #5913  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Jombo

Just go down to RCHR, and run what you got, you're not gonna get turned away, they'll let you run in one class or another.

Don't be afraid to ask, if you walk in with an SC10 with a 5.5 BL motor in it, they'll let you run it, maybe not in SC class, but they'll let you run it.

Matt(OldSchool)

Just come down and race, it's not like anyone is teching in Club races, it would be different if it was ROAR rules, but it's just club racing. Come on down and don't worry so much about complying with "Rules" and just come down and race.
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
  #5914  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Makes me miss the Feigaos I used to run in my Vendettas. I always knew those things had enough guts to scoot a 1/10.
wow, I never heard anyone say they missed there Feigao before.
tschenck is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM
  #5915  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Hydrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: WWW.RCHR.BIZ
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Are people really going to care about .5 off? Nationals maybe...club racing not so much. Its the same reason why I am not chomping on the bit to grab a hard case lipo when my softy is fine. More rules=less racers in SC. I thought we treat SC10 like mod truck...just run and have fun and don't worry about the Jones's.
If we treat ShortCourse like mod truck then we will have 2 classes of the same exact thing with 2 different bodies.

The whole point is to have an inexpensive class that new people can race in and not feel like they need to keep up with the Jones's. The purpose of the motor limit is to slow the trucks down to make it more fun for new people. I didn't think it was fun to try to race a blistering fast truck and crash and break all the time. I didn't know any better. I thought I needed the fastest truck to win.

Can you tell me how it is possible to have an inexpensive class of slower trucks without having rules that limit what can be done to a truck?


Jombo, Don't take this stuff the wrong way. No one it going to stop you from racing and having fun. We are just trying to prevent things from getting out of hand. In a perfect world I would like to see a class that someone can come in off the street and buy a rtr and not feel as though they need to buy a boat load of parts in order to be competitive.
Hydrodancer is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 05:44 AM
  #5916  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
tazz888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hydrodancer
If we treat ShortCourse like mod truck then we will have 2 classes of the same exact thing with 2 different bodies.

The whole point is to have an inexpensive class that new people can race in and not feel like they need to keep up with the Jones's. The purpose of the motor limit is to slow the trucks down to make it more fun for new people. I didn't think it was fun to try to race a blistering fast truck and crash and break all the time. I didn't know any better. I thought I needed the fastest truck to win.

Can you tell me how it is possible to have an inexpensive class of slower trucks without having rules that limit what can be done to a truck?


Jombo, Don't take this stuff the wrong way. No one it going to stop you from racing and having fun. We are just trying to prevent things from getting out of hand. In a perfect world I would like to see a class that someone can come in off the street and buy a rtr and not feel as though they need to buy a boat load of parts in order to be competitive.
Amen brother!!!!!

There is is very simple answer to your wants. RC Pro Series Slash rules. I've posted them several times before so no need to post them again. Since there are more SC10 making their way into RCHR racers hands maybe it is a good time to split SCT into two classes. Box Stock (allow box stock slash and SC10 RTR's only) and Open SCT (anything goes, but set some type of motor/battery limit). I bet most people would race both classes if they had the choice.
tazz888 is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 06:01 AM
  #5917  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by BlueB44
Mark,

do you know what a good temp is for a brushed motor?
Magnets lose their strength when they get too hot. 170 degrees is the safe temp. Brushed or brushless. Wire insulation is good to about 250 or so if I recall correctly, so if you just temp to keep magnet strength you'll be fine.
RCHR is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 AM
  #5918  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Just show up with your toy cars and race fellas.

I don't remember seeing any of you guys at a ROAR National Championship or an Ifmar World Championship. So what is the big hang-up on rules for races you guys never go to? RC Pro Series either.

Most guys only show up minutes before racing starts anyway. You guys need to worry about track time before you worry about rules.
RCHR is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 AM
  #5919  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR
Just show up with your toy cars and race fellas.

I don't remember seeing any of you guys at a ROAR National Championship or an Ifmar World Championship. So what is the big hang-up on rules for races you guys never go to? RC Pro Series either.

Most guys only show up minutes before racing starts anyway. You guys need to worry about track time before you worry about rules.
Actually I attended ROAR Nat's, and 1/8 Off Road Worlds and competed... You just cant see me..

But seriously Mark.
I think what we are all trying to say is keeping the class affordable for all arent we? The ROAR rules keep this in line, and easier for everyone to follow, this way in the event of traveling to other facilties would make it easier to have equipement that is acceptable, or "LEGAL" than unable to participate because you have some "HOT" modified motor or 8.4v battery. I agree if we have "NEW" racers, they should all be welcome and allowed to race, this is why we discussed the allowance of the titan, and reedy motors. Right? Also we discussed the tire rule. Any CORR tire is permitted. No 1/8th tires. Again, we welcome all racers and sportsman, and will help all if asked, and if not asked we will help too...

Brian, you put it the best. The rules arent to tell you you can run, but to put a limit so the COST doesnt become redicoulous(sp) for the average joe, or the hardcore racer. It allows trucks to be competitive on all levels. It s all about having fun, and driving your but off with a equally matched truck SC10 & Slashes

Ron, the modified class would be great for those who wanted to participate in a MOD class(Balls to the Wall). But there isnt enough to seperate the class, thinning the field is pointless. More cars in one class would make better competition than 4-5 cars in each class. I like fast too, but I dont think the SC10 wheels can handle the power of even a 13.5 in my opinion.

Jombo, and all, just come and race we have a good time. And if anyone needs help trackside, come find me rocking the ROCKSTAR SC10.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 AM
  #5920  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 196
Default

here we go. If someone is to fast we add 15 pounds to it.
ProMaxx316 is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
  #5921  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
tazz888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia

Ron, the modified class would be great for those who wanted to participate in a MOD class(Balls to the Wall). But there isnt enough to seperate the class, thinning the field is pointless. More cars in one class would make better competition than 4-5 cars in each class. I like fast too, but I dont think the SC10 wheels can handle the power of even a 13.5 in my opinion.
Raul, I agree. I just thought that some people would race both classes because they already own both trucks making both classes a decient size.
tazz888 is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
  #5922  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tazz888
Raul, I agree. I just thought that some people would race both classes because they already own both trucks making both classes a decient size.
Both trucks?? Corr class is Corr class. Modified only changes with certain upgrades to the truck. I think the largest field in any SCT event would be a stock class to begin with dont you. But a modified corr truck is cool too. Like Kyles loaned Slash at the Slash Bash was cooking running a Wild Child modified motor.. ALso the SC10 would be more of a handfull to drive with a mad modified motor. There are people complaining they cant get around the track with it stock. Keep it slow, and competive I say. BTW, the 17.5 is no slower on the layout than the modified T4's fyi. Are you coming down saturday? Who's in for saturday? More the merrier.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 AM
  #5923  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
tazz888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I'll be there next saturday running 4wd.
tazz888 is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 AM
  #5924  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

cool.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
  #5925  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,078
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Both trucks?? Corr class is Corr class. Modified only changes with certain upgrades to the truck. I think the largest field in any SCT event would be a stock class to begin with dont you. But a modified corr truck is cool too. Like Kyles loaned Slash at the Slash Bash was cooking running a Wild Child modified motor.. ALso the SC10 would be more of a handfull to drive with a mad modified motor. There are people complaining they cant get around the track with it stock. Keep it slow, and competive I say. BTW, the 17.5 is no slower on the layout than the modified T4's fyi. Are you coming down saturday? Who's in for saturday? More the merrier.
I'll be down there tomorrow, but I'm gonna smear my own poop on the Mets colored slash so you and Will won't be able to nose in on me with ya'lls SC10s without fear of a skidmark. Will's body could probably go through the carwash, but I know you paid a healthy grip for those Rockstar decals.
Dieselpower is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.