Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Raul Garcia;5870369]
Originally Posted by jombo
sweet, i just installed the GT2 rear 1.5 hubs and the only thing you cant do is make the wheelbase longer or shorter. the parts you need are the gt2 hubs of course and one pair of the larger bearings for the outer hub. i also installed some xtm excellerator cvd axles and are perfect fit with the gt2 hubs . its all about point and click or as some put it on and off switch lol .

Jombo,
at RCHR we are using ROAR SCT rules, but allowing the Traxxas titan , and the REEDY 17turn from both RTR's trucks. All other rules should be followed.. We have a good time and race our SCT trucks.. I run a SC10 also. See you saturday.

Grouch,
the most popular classes are seeming to be SCT, and 4wd. Both are equally fun. There is also a Sportsman class for beginners on Saturdays.

Isn't that for ROAR sanctioned stuff only? I thought we ditched rules in SC?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by phathedrc18t
I think a 17t brushless motor is ok. Seeing how the guys are running 10.5
Are people really going to care about .5 off? Nationals maybe...club racing not so much. Its the same reason why I am not chomping on the bit to grab a hard case lipo when my softy is fine. More rules=less racers in SC. I thought we treat SC10 like mod truck...just run and have fun and don't worry about the Jones's.

I'll be around with my RTR in a few weekends..hope some tabletops show up.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

[QUOTE=oldschool77;5870700]
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia

Isn't that for ROAR sanctioned stuff only? I thought we ditched rules in SC?
Sanction or not, there are still guidelines..
Old 05-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by phathedrc18t
I think a 17t brushless motor is ok. Seeing how the guys are running 10.5
Mod truck I believe...not sure if anyone has a 10.5 for SC. Kyle sold his machine a while ago.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Mod truck I believe...not sure if anyone has a 10.5 for SC. Kyle sold his machine a while ago.
17.5 brushless is the max.. Kyle is out for now with SC, hell be back.

Stallman, I hope all is going ok. Hope to see you soon.

Tazz888, finally no more excuses..
Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Raul Garcia;5870716]

Sanction or not, there are still guidelines..
I dunno. I thought the whole point of this stuff was to release the SC drama and not worry about stuff like that. I never heard Mark say anything about it...just you so maybe he'll just post it up so I know one way or the other. Not calling you out but I never heard ROAR come out of his mouth unless the word "Nationals" was also mentioned. Personally I don't care and he didn't seem to care I run a soft pack so I got the impression RCHR was loosey goosey on the whole thing. Other then my pack I am ROAR'd good.

Speaking of which...you ditch your ball diff and FT shocks LOL! jk Raul..not to bust your chops but...
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Jombo just run your truck. I have seen every nut and bolt of yours and it is totally fine except for the DSM jammer I saw you throw in there lol.

To split hairs about .5 isn't going to make a difference especially in this class and it is a little silly to worry about it. Jombo is a good driver but honestly it won't matter with that motor.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=oldschool77;5870733]
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia

I dunno. I thought the whole point of this stuff was to release the SC drama and not worry about stuff like that. I never heard Mark say anything about it...just you so maybe he'll just post it up so I know one way or the other. Not calling you out but I never heard ROAR come out of his mouth unless the word "Nationals" was also mentioned. Personally I don't care and he didn't seem to care I run a soft pack so I got the impression RCHR was loosey goosey on the whole thing. Other then my pack I am ROAR'd good.

Speaking of which...you ditch your ball diff and FT shocks LOL! jk Raul..not to bust your chops but...
Actually the ball diff and team shocks are legal per the guidelines. And no I didnt. They will not be legal in the "SPEC" class for the RC DRIVER Nationals wich ahve their own set of rules along with tire type too..

Matt you coming saturday?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Are people really going to care about .5 off? Nationals maybe...club racing not so much. Its the same reason why I am not chomping on the bit to grab a hard case lipo when my softy is fine. More rules=less racers in SC. I thought we treat SC10 like mod truck...just run and have fun and don't worry about the Jones's.

I'll be around with my RTR in a few weekends..hope some tabletops show up.

Hey i ran my 2WD truck Wednesday and the track is mint. If swept the track has tons of traction. No need for table tops as of yet.

Did you get your T4 yet?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Raul Garcia;5870749]

Actually the ball diff and team shocks are legal per the guidelines. And no I didnt. They will not be legal in the "SPEC" class for the RC DRIVER Nationals wich ahve their own set of rules along with tire type too..
LOL I want to see these "guidelines" that allow a glorified FT T4 setup with SC10 chassis and a 17.5 full parameter to the nines Tekin but won't allow my friends 17t EZRUN brushless stock kit RTR . Who made these guidleines for RCHR and where can I find them?

Not to argue bud but I am not sure where you are going with this. We ditched the SPEC rules but put in guidelines and ROAR setups only?

Someone please clarify because I am not on the same page here. I don't care about the RC Driver Nats per se...I just want to run my truck for club racing with zero drama or rules. When you play with the big boys and heavy hitters I expect rules but I just wanna rock my RTR and not worry about the little things.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProMaxx316
Hey i ran my 2WD truck Wednesday and the track is mint. If swept the track has tons of traction. No need for table tops as of yet.

Did you get your T4 yet?
Early next week. Running a mild FT truck to see how I like it. When I try to run the track again after this weknd both trucks should be ready to go. I'll put the FT in Sportsman if I race it at all. Not sure of the condition of the tires or anything but I can whip it into shape with the help of the shop DD's and it should be ready to go. Nice runs on Wed Pro!

Mark told me he had a few changes in mind and I was hoping the shop made some of them already. No biggie...the T4 will have a much easier time negotiating the track.
I really liked Will Wambolts pride and joy weeks back when I tried a T4 for the first time...it handles jumps so well I wanted to throw the Rusty in the garbage asap. I have a Cavalieri setup in mind to start out...debating springs though. Blue or Gold in the front? Double D's all around? Raul G told me blues in the front and greens in the rear but I am thinking maybe a little firmer.

What would I do different with an SC10 vs the T4 with the difference in chassis length being the only real difference and the diff?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

gnight all...I have to take 200 screaming band/orchestra kids to Lake Compounce on what looks like a mucky day. WIsh me luck!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=oldschool77;5870801][QUOTE=Raul Garcia;5870749]

LOL I want to see these "guidelines" that allow a glorified FT T4 setup with SC10 chassis and a 17.5 full parameter to the nines Tekin but won't allow my friends 17t EZRUN brushless stock kit RTR . Who made these guidleines for RCHR and where can I find them?
Yes the EZ run motor is allowed to run with the rule, as is the slash titan. RCHR is allowing them for their racing.
As you requested again:
March 16, 2009
2009 1:10 Short Course Truck "Provisional"Rules
Chassis
Wheelbase Min/Max……………………………………. 320mm / 335mm (12.59in / 13.19in)
Overall Length Min/Max……………………………….. 540mm / 568mm (21.25in / 22.36in)
Overall Width Min/Max………………………………… 290mm / 296mm (11.42in / 11.65in)
Minimum Weight……………………………………….. 74oz / 2098grams
2 Wheel Rear Drive……………………………………... Geared or Ball Differential
Rear Suspension………………………………………… Independent or Solid Axle
Tire/Wheel Specs
Wheel Inner Bead Max Diameter……………………….. 3.0 in / 76.20mm
Wheel Outer Bead Max Diameter………………………. 2.2 in / 55.88mm
Wheel Bead Width Max………………………………… 1.55 in / 39.37mm
Wheel Width Max………………………………………. 1.65 in / 41.91mm
Tire Maximum Width…(mounted)...…………………… 1.85 in / 46.99mm
Tire Diameter Min…(mounted)...………………………. 4.20 in / 106.68mm
Tire Tread……………………………………………….. Treaded, NO Cut/Custom
Body Specs
Full Fender Truck Body. Body must completely cover tires when viewed from above
Windshield Minimum Setback Centerline Front of Body to Begin Windshield (see SCT Cab
Setback Diagram)
Cab Roof Minimum Width and Depth (see STC Roof Diagram)
Cab Minimum Height and Depth (see STC Cab Side Diagram)
NO add-on or integrated Spoilers/Wings allowed
Vehicle Height Ready to Race
Minimum Overall Height……………………………… 7.835in / 199mm
Motor/Battery Spec
ROAR Approved Brushless 17.5 Motor or 27T Brushed
ROAR Approved 2S 7.4V LiPo or 7.2V 6cell NiMh
Body Dimension Template (all dimensions are minimums)
March 16, 2009
Dimension and Technical Inspections Practices
Technical Inspection
Tire Minimum Mounted –
Minimum Diameter of the tire (mounted) is established to limit extremely low profile designs. The
target dimension (new tire) is established at 4.30 Inches. To compensate for wear, molding tolerances,
degradation of foam inserts, the pre‐race minimum allowable diameter of a mounted tire is 4.20 inches.
No Bald or custom cut tires are allowed. Tracks and Promoters are encouraged to select a “Stated” tire
that works best for their particular location.
Width and Wheelbase Inspection –
Width and Wheelbase of the vehicles will increase/decrease during the compression/extension of the
suspension. Vehicle should be inspected at Static Stance in ready to race condition.
Height –
Minimum Overall Height is measured with vehicle at Static Stance in ready to race condition
Body Inspection
Cab Setback –
Minimum setback is measured from a point equal to the Front (centerline) of the body to the beginning
of the windshield/lower rock guard.
Cab Profile –
Minimum depth of the cab is measured from the Beginning Point (centerline) of the Windshield/Lower
Rock Guard to the Rear Reference point of the Cab
Roof Panel –
Minimum Width is measured from outer most points of the roof section to the upper side window
reference line
Depth of the Roof Panel is measured (centerline) from the upper Visor/Rock Guard reference line to the
beginning of the Roll Bar/end point of the cab
Old 05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

I am very familiar with ROAR that's not the point. Where are these specific rules set forth for club racing by RCHR telling us 17t BL and soft packs are not permitted for club acing? I want my bud to be able to run what he has with no worries and I don't want to have to spend big bucks on a hardcase as a casual racer. Other then that I don't see what the problem is. We all agree on just about everything else like the body, wheels, batts, etc
Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

I dont think soft case cells are a issue for club racing if that is the major concern.. And of course he can come on down and race. The question is will you?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.