Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I dunno ax JS !!!
What happened to you yesterday? You didn't want more of my trackside badluck?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Just a compilation of quotes from prior statements...

"It's ok raul I'll just practice more. This just isn't worth getting worked up about anymore. I am disappointed and that's it ."

" From this day on I am determined to prove that with a Spec Slash truck can finish top 3 or better in a full heat of CORR trucks. I am going to force myself to not cave and mod the crap out of a... "

"WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT!

Moocow made daddy proud! "

"VXL has a bunch of kinks worked out...hopefully i can get my skills up to handle the torque monster. A sidewinder would solve some issues but... "
What a FREAKIN CRAZY COOL DAY IT WAS!

If I didn't have to visit my father in law in the hospital I could have seen everything!

WHo won the Slash, batteries, and Mamabas? I am so mad I couldn't... "

"Hey folks...longtime racer/basher...RCHR noob.

You might remember MadCow/LED Slash a few weeks back...I am hanging up the glow starters for good and getting back into 2WD trucks/Slash and kicking... "

Why are you calling me out like that bro? Everyone doens't have to like the layout. I prefered the old one so what gives?

Again thanks for the retrospective when i enjoyed running at RCHR...I remember those days like it was only 2 weeks ago. I'll be back but not till there are some changes or the track conditions mature...end of story.

I continue to buy parts/trucks/transponders/whatever I need as mark will tell you. I just don't like the layout.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

OS, Im not calling you out, I am trying to show you how the attitude has changed from someone that enjoyed running, sometimes bash, but overall having a good time, no matter how the truck ran(you know what I mean). Now your ultimatley concerned about one specific thing, not even giving it a try. Aside from my kids, there were other little ones that rocked this current layout and were looking for more. They werent getting discouraged, just being more eager to go faster, and enjoying the competition and the fun. I amerely just trying to show you that this is something you used to be, now your all depressed about the whole thing. I would like to see you on the track soon, we can get it hooked up..
Old 05-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

To each their own.....

He may not like the layout, but that is his own opinion. Heck I didn't like the layout 2 track designs ago. It was the one with the step up double in the infield that launched you towards the drivers stand. I know a few people that hated the layouts with the big double on the back wall. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion. That's what makes this such a great country to live in.

Oldschool will be back. I'm sure he'll try it again and will figure out the track. Sometime it is good to make a change for a little bit. It gives you time to clear your head and have a better outlook on things. I've done it a few times with this hobby and it has worked every time. 20+ years racing and still going...
Old 05-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What happened to you yesterday? You didn't want more of my trackside badluck?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

OS, Im not calling you out, I am trying to show you how the attitude has changed from someone that enjoyed running, sometimes bash, but overall having a good time, no matter how the truck ran(you know what I mean). Now your ultimatley concerned about one specific thing, not even giving it a try. Aside from my kids, there were other little ones that rocked this current layout and were looking for more. They werent getting discouraged, just being more eager to go faster, and enjoying the competition and the fun. I amerely just trying to show you that this is something you used to be, now your all depressed about the whole thing. I would like to see you on the track soon, we can get it hooked up..
I did give it a try and i was threw being mad at myself and the truck. I am not depressed just disappointed and nobody cares about me continuing this rant so I'll see you around.

Raul G. if you want my shocks you can still have them...I don't care about Spec/ROAR stuff...just trying to have fun. If people are running what they want anyway I'd like to ditch the clips.

Who makes a good turnbuckle and wheel wrench for the SC10? The plastic stuff is already staring to wear. Do nitro wrenches have any sizes in common?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
Spring Challenge race results...

Thanks to all the racers for a great race, fantastic corner marshaling, and helping us run a good show! The last plaque was given out at 6:40 so I'm sure everybody got home at a decent time.
Hey RCHR crew... I had a great time yesterday.. thanks for the hospitality... Its always fun hanging out with you guys
Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old school- Friday was my first time on the track also. I hated the track that day and broke my RB5. It was not until Saturday morning, after talking to Mark, that I had a better appreciation for the track. Mark talked to me about the different lines and reminded me, they are not jumps, they are obstacles. In most cases, even for the mod classes, rolling the jumps are faster. If you roll almost everything and gear correctly the SC10 gets around pretty good. Just wanted to let you know I was there on Friday also. Give it a chance and talk to Mark, get his perspective as a highly experienced racer, and run a couple. Traction and the track in general is improving everyday, as it gets packed down.

Kyle- Monday night, I think. I will text you in the morning. Good run by the way, staying calm actually works. That is truly amazing.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Had a great time on Saturday. Thanks again to Mark, John, Hilde and Will for putting on a great and fast moving program.
No more bucket for me please. I couldn't sit on the friggin toilet today without grimmacing in pain. I spose I'm a bit out of shape.

Oldskool......contact whatever adoption agency you sent ole bessie to and get her back, get rid of that fancy shmancy SC10 and get dirty again. Those big ole bumps don't stick up so much after I nose into em a few times.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MUTSON
Old school- Friday was my first time on the track also. I hated the track that day and broke my RB5. It was not until Saturday morning, after talking to Mark, that I had a better appreciation for the track. Mark talked to me about the different lines and reminded me, they are not jumps, they are obstacles. In most cases, even for the mod classes, rolling the jumps are faster. If you roll almost everything and gear correctly the SC10 gets around pretty good. Just wanted to let you know I was there on Friday also. Give it a chance and talk to Mark, get his perspective as a highly experienced racer, and run a couple. Traction and the track in general is improving everyday, as it gets packed down.

Kyle- Monday night, I think. I will text you in the morning. Good run by the way, staying calm actually works. That is truly amazing.

Fair enough...I'll be back in a few weeks.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Fair enough...I'll be back in a few weeks.
Kool.....
Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Kool.....
Beans......
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

jason, i se your online hows the little one?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've decided that I'm gonna give 4wd in the new lay out another shot, I changed the oil thickness in the shocks, and never quite adjusted the ride height, I ran the 10.5 for the last 2 heats, and it's more than enough for this layout.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I can't believe everyone is having such a hard time with this "new" layout. It's slower than the last layout as you roll most of it. The last layout I thought it was harder to go fast because their were some many spots to make/lose time. In my opinion a slow more technical track is more competive than a fast easy one. Think of it as the oval. You crash once you are already a lap down. You can't make that back unless the other guy F%*cks up. Any how this is going to teach people to have patience and throttle control, hence making everyone a better more competive driver...........Do you think all the fast LIR guys or Excitement guys cry when they change the track to challenge their abilities?????????????????

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.