Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
  #5731  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by phathedrc18t
Well I just want to say that track was fun. I had a blast. I want to thank Mark, John, and Will for making the day fun for my girl Meredith she had fun with the rental and is looking to buy an SC10 or Slash. I would also like to thank Raul for hooking up my sc10. I really like racing at RCHR and hope to race with you guys many more times in the future.
No problem Tony.. Well get it going faster than you think. You need to drive minez.... Tell Meredith get a SC10... This way you save on buying different parts when needed.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 PM
  #5732  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
LI Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Farmingdale NY
Posts: 1,167
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I had a great time. The racing was fun as always. Kyle really had the laps today. Tons of fun racing with you. Can't wait to do it again. The short course trucks looked fine out there. Some of you guys need to remember the track looked pretty new. Until the jumps totally harden it will have some loam on top. From practice to racing it was a world of difference just by having the cars run on it. The only way to harden it is to run on it. Besides isn't the challenge what we love about this. I mean if you could do the track perfect on your first lap what would be the fun in that.
LI Raceway is offline  
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
  #5733  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Dr Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
First and Foremost, thanks to the RCHR gang again...


Also like to thanks the out of towners that trecked, missing some heads and some mouth flappers, but we had fun anyway...

The layout proved to be a technical layout, even for the best of them.. They navigated through the track lap after lap all day long. The track actually came around and began to really hook up.. Even the sportsman class did exceptionally well... My hat goes of to(not that I wear one) Andrew JR.. Cool cat that can drive. He is the future. Everyone better watch out for him, he means business.

Everyone had a good time for the most part(Freddy) and hope everyone got home ok, or getting home ok. See you guys at the next race or track..

And SC10/slash class is a RACING class too.


Thanks Raul Andrew had a lot of fun wants to go back

Thanks to the whole Crew at RCHR great show very enjoyable day
Dr Drew is offline  
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
  #5734  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
I had a great time. The racing was fun as always. Kyle really had the laps today. Tons of fun racing with you. Can't wait to do it again. The short course trucks looked fine out there. Some of you guys need to remember the track looked pretty new. Until the jumps totally harden it will have some loam on top. From practice to racing it was a world of difference just by having the cars run on it. The only way to harden it is to run on it. Besides isn't the challenge what we love about this. I mean if you could do the track perfect on your first lap what would be the fun in that.
Good to see you Rob, and see you again soon. You ran good also..

Drew, we race on saturdays, you could make a double header on the weekends. Doors open at 9 am, racing starts at 3:00.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
  #5735  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tecniquin2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,941
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks RCHR and all the guys, for putting on an awesome show, we got outta there nice and early....

As far as the track goes, it's very technical, but always fun, as a matter of fact, I might even try to get an SC10 to run on this layout, and just run Truck and SC class.

Oldschool, how many times did you run the new layout?? I was watching the SC class race, and they had some nice clean racing, Raul's truck looked planted, and he rolled every jump

Kyle
I'm proud of you Kid, you did a great job, you'll be dominating the 10.5 class and possibly the mod class in not time.....
tecniquin2001 is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 AM
  #5736  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

now for the SC10 too duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


http://www.rctech.net/forum/upgrade-...a-graphic.html
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 AM
  #5737  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Hydrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: WWW.RCHR.BIZ
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Guys, thanks for coming down for some good racing.

Kyle----- I'm over it.

Will---- thanks for the bodies, I hope you enjoy the smoked salmon.

The track is very technical and a huge switch from what we had. I was a little frustrated at first but after I adjusted my driving it was all good. The old track was super easy and good for beginners but got to be boring.
Hydrodancer is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 AM
  #5738  
Tech Regular
 
oldschool77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 275
Default

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Thanks RCHR and all the guys, for putting on an awesome show, we got outta there nice and early....

As far as the track goes, it's very technical, but always fun, as a matter of fact, I might even try to get an SC10 to run on this layout, and just run Truck and SC class.

Oldschool, how many times did you run the new layout?? I was watching the SC class race, and they had some nice clean racing, Raul's truck looked planted, and he rolled every jump

Kyle
I'm proud of you Kid, you did a great job, you'll be dominating the 10.5 class and possibly the mod class in not time.....
I spent two solid hours of wheel time and 6 packs...aint my bag. Glad you folks like it but I am going to wait till june/july when it either settles in or it is different altogether or when my tires come in. Just going to race Friday nights with it further north and take a break from rchr. Id rather run SC in oval then the current track. To each his own.
oldschool77 is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:51 AM
  #5739  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldschool77
I spent two solid hours of wheel time and 6 packs...aint my bag. Glad you folks like it but I am going to wait till june/july when it either settles in or it is different altogether or when my tires come in. Just going to race Friday nights with it further north and take a break from rchr. Id rather run SC in oval then the current track. To each his own.
Just a compilation of quotes from prior statements...


"It's ok raul I'll just practice more. This just isn't worth getting worked up about anymore. I am disappointed and that's it ."

" From this day on I am determined to prove that with a Spec Slash truck can finish top 3 or better in a full heat of CORR trucks. I am going to force myself to not cave and mod the crap out of a... "

"WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT!

Moocow made daddy proud! "

"VXL has a bunch of kinks worked out...hopefully i can get my skills up to handle the torque monster. A sidewinder would solve some issues but... "
What a FREAKIN CRAZY COOL DAY IT WAS!

If I didn't have to visit my father in law in the hospital I could have seen everything!

WHo won the Slash, batteries, and Mamabas? I am so mad I couldn't... "

"Hey folks...longtime racer/basher...RCHR noob.

You might remember MadCow/LED Slash a few weeks back...I am hanging up the glow starters for good and getting back into 2WD trucks/Slash and kicking... "
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 12:31 PM
  #5740  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Hydrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: WWW.RCHR.BIZ
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Just a compilation of quotes from prior statements...
Your sponsored?
Hydrodancer is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 12:58 PM
  #5741  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hydrodancer
Your sponsored?
Yeah, why?
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:05 PM
  #5742  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jnslprd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

racing was real good yesterday the track was alot of fun as always.
oldschool you really should give it another try, the differece in traction from the beginning of the day to the end was worlds apart.
raul's sc10 looked real good , if you copy that set up and learn your new truck im sure you will like this lay out. grip is only gonna get better.
im no expert so dont think im preaching, i have raced for 3+ yrs and still suck, you just gotta have fun. I know i will never keep up with the fast guys and im fine with that, once things are in perspective it makes racing alot more enjoyable.

thanks guys for a good day
joe prisco
jnslprd is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM
  #5743  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,285
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Thanks, Joe. Your car looked good to, you forget I marshalled almost every heat...: sweat:
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
  #5744  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jnslprd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i didn't forget , i saw you out there a lot all day. it looked like a busy day for ya
jnslprd is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:03 PM
  #5745  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,834
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
I mean if you could do the track perfect on your first lap what would be the fun in that.
I dunno ax JS !!!
Jason Pelletier is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.