Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Since I would be coming pretty late to the trophy race i am going to just practice a bit tonight and get a feel for the SC10.

Will Wambolt is there all day and tonight right?

I may need some springs and that hard case lipo.

Will I see any improvement with a 35C lipo on a 17.5 or higher BL/BR motor at RCHR? Is it a waste of money? I think I should probably stick with a 20C.

I am dying to practice since i finally bought a transponder with the VXL/Slash money so I can see how slow/fast my lines are. This new track setup sounds terrific! I love the SC10 soooo much!

PEACE OUT MOOCOW!
oh brotha..... 35c will kick the ass off a 20c....
Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Even on a lonely 17.5 brushless or equivelent brushed?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Even on a lonely 17.5 brushless or equivelent brushed?
You're lookin at almost twice the discharge rate so yeah.....you'll make much more fastly-ness with the 35c.
Not so sure it's going to matter on the new track layout though. It's pretty hard on the motors so a lower discharge rate (coupled with some experimenting with the gear ratio) might be the key to keeping temps down.

Slow is fast for me.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok, I'll be coming up to race tomorrow...... Yayyyyy, (like anyone cares) hopefully, I'll be running Mod 4wd and Mod Truck, if I can still score one of the 35C Reedy packs...

Do inside jobs still work ok at the track?? I'm trying to race on a budget, and I got plenty sets of Inside Jobs that I would like to go through, before buying any new wheels and tires.

Bryan L., John B. are you guys running 4wd??

Murphy are you gonna be at the race??
Old 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Ok, I'll be coming up to race tomorrow...... Yayyyyy, (like anyone cares) hopefully, I'll be running Mod 4wd and Mod Truck, if I can still score one of the 35C Reedy packs...

Do inside jobs still work ok at the track?? I'm trying to race on a budget, and I got plenty sets of Inside Jobs that I would like to go through, before buying any new wheels and tires.

Bryan L., John B. are you guys running 4wd??

Murphy are you gonna be at the race??
Na Freddy, I don't think I can make it! If anything it would be the first half, not the second half of the day. I may stop in to visit. I ran inside jobs on the rear Weds. with no problem, you should be alright.Good luck.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to go, but I have a baby room to finish. I'm dying to try the new track, next time.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Baby Room awesome, when I was 4, my father painted a mural in my bedroom, of two import cars racing, they must have been a toyota corolla and probably a mazda of some kind.

I've been dying to let my daughter display her truck in her bedroom, but it's gonna look out of place with all the pinky princess stuff...

How are you liking the T4 Murph??
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Mark, John, Raul, Ralph and everyone who contributed to this new track kudos and props to you. Top job and I appreciate how much went into it. Seeing from start to finish the techniques incorporated into a first class track was impressive.

John I talked to you tonight about the direction you wanted to go with the track with more technical, less speed and use this track to make people better racers but gods honest truth is I miss the older setup miserably. The track simply falls short for Short Course and Sportsman.

I tried and tried as did a few others with rentals tonight and the course is just flat out too hard for this platform. Plenty of places to stall up huge hills, a nearly impossible to marshal infield, very tight switchbacks that trucks with crap forward and iffy side bite have trouble negotiating. I don't know on Wednesday how anyone with a short course or sportsman class managed but it was a bitch for me. Even in the hands of Steve and Raul G they were having some difficulty with the SC10.

Please hear me out on what I am saying here because I am not trying to crap on the very hard work and time invested in this track. The last track catered to all classes which this does not. My truck spent most of its time spinning its wheels climbing hills and rolling over almost every jump which isn't fun. I stalled ona few that were just too pointy to roll so the truck flipped, smashed the front or stalled.

I don't expect you to make a track that everyone and their mother gets excited over but I think this track is on steriods. I was all excited to get this truck on the track only to find its long wheelbase, slippery rear tires are not suited at all. I want to like this track sooo bad and give it time to grow on me but a few spots in the infield are especially tough on this truck. I wore my skidplates down so much it smoothed out the bend. I agree we all want to be the best racers we can and get technical and feel like we have a competitive track where the smarter and sometimes slower line is the better but this thing is brutal.

I am sorry, I am bowing out for a while. This is the first night I didn't come home feeling like a million bucks after going to RCHR and it sucks. I liked helping cleanup and prep tonight but I felt frustrated all night.

This is my personal opinion so don't flip out on me folks. I only wish I didn't sell my Rustler so at least I'd have a decent rig to run for a while here. I'll see you all in the summer when the track hopefully changes again.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

what happened??? Your not coming tommorrow?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Baby Room awesome, when I was 4, my father painted a mural in my bedroom, of two import cars racing, they must have been a toyota corolla and probably a mazda of some kind.

I've been dying to let my daughter display her truck in her bedroom, but it's gonna look out of place with all the pinky princess stuff...

How are you liking the T4 Murph??
Sounds like you need to paint up a pink body for her truck.

I'm running 2wd 10.5
Old 05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
You're lookin at almost twice the discharge rate so yeah.....you'll make much more fastly-ness with the 35c.
Not so sure it's going to matter on the new track layout though. It's pretty hard on the motors so a lower discharge rate (coupled with some experimenting with the gear ratio) might be the key to keeping temps down.

Slow is fast for me.
I don't think it really matters that much. Your only hitting full throttle for a few split seconds on a tight indoor track.

Don't forget that the milliamps have an effect on the maximum amperage also.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry Raul I am out.

After 3 hours busting my butt and Steve and others helping me out I feel like I got nowhere in practice. I nailed a 21 second lap and everything else was a crapshoot at 23. The truck is setup great, Steve and i worked in more camber (like 3.5 degrees) just so I could make some of the switchbacks in the infield. I also knocked the pinion down 5 sizes. It is too frustrating and my truck isn't designed for crazy bite like a T4. Can you imagine a stock Slash/6 cell at the hands of a guy off the street?

I stripped a wheel, bent a turnbuckle and my skidplate nearly wore through from the hard landings I was forced to take. the wheel i didn't have time to fill with epoxy preoperly. It isn't all because of my silver springs. Too much track in a little infield space. If they got rid of the last jump in pretty much every section of the infield it would be a hell of alot easier. There is zero room for error when you land a jump...sometimes needing brake while your still in the air. I am over my head with the track...just can't do it.

I sold all my r/c's to have a competent SC10 and I don't have anything else to run. See you guys soon.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Oldschool,
unfortunatley the car cant drive itself on rails, and that what your looking for. The handling of the SC10, is totally different than the Slash. It drive like it is on ice all the time. WIth a little patience(that you dont have), and some testing you too can make it go fast. Everybody is running on the same track, and having similar issues. BTW, didnt your truck come to the track with bent turnbuckles already from backyard bashing. ???

I just think come to the track, run and have fun. Obviously the SC10 is going to require a little more effort than MooCow.......
Old 05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

If they got rid of the last jump in pretty much every section of the infield it would be a hell of alot easier. There is zero room for error when you land a jump...sometimes needing brake while your still in the air.
The track is easier if you roll down the landers instead of trying to jump them.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mark, John, Raul, Ralph and everyone who contributed to this new track kudos and props to you. Top job and I appreciate how much went into it. Seeing from start to finish the techniques incorporated into a first class track was impressive.

John I talked to you tonight about the direction you wanted to go with the track with more technical, less speed and use this track to make people better racers but gods honest truth is I miss the older setup miserably. The track simply falls short for Short Course and Sportsman.

I tried and tried as did a few others with rentals tonight and the course is just flat out too hard for this platform. Plenty of places to stall up huge hills, a nearly impossible to marshal infield, very tight switchbacks that trucks with crap forward and iffy side bite have trouble negotiating. I don't know on Wednesday how anyone with a short course or sportsman class managed but it was a bitch for me. Even in the hands of Steve and Raul G they were having some difficulty with the SC10.

Please hear me out on what I am saying here because I am not trying to crap on the very hard work and time invested in this track. The last track catered to all classes which this does not. My truck spent most of its time spinning its wheels climbing hills and rolling over almost every jump which isn't fun. I stalled ona few that were just too pointy to roll so the truck flipped, smashed the front or stalled.

I don't expect you to make a track that everyone and their mother gets excited over but I think this track is on steriods. I was all excited to get this truck on the track only to find its long wheelbase, slippery rear tires are not suited at all. I want to like this track sooo bad and give it time to grow on me but a few spots in the infield are especially tough on this truck. I wore my skidplates down so much it smoothed out the bend. I agree we all want to be the best racers we can and get technical and feel like we have a competitive track where the smarter and sometimes slower line is the better but this thing is brutal.

I am sorry, I am bowing out for a while. This is the first night I didn't come home feeling like a million bucks after going to RCHR and it sucks. I liked helping cleanup and prep tonight but I felt frustrated all night.

This is my personal opinion so don't flip out on me folks. I only wish I didn't sell my Rustler so at least I'd have a decent rig to run for a while here. I'll see you all in the summer when the track hopefully changes again.
Practice makes perfect.....

you will not always have a great night every time you go out. Fact of life.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.