Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

On that note im going to sleep.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HobbyTown Rich
Kinda hard to make it to the track, when I work 10 hour shifts,Sorry I don't hav banker hours. Also you forget I work on the weekends . But not anymore, I have weekends off now so you will see me there often. So there shouldnt be anymore lip from you on that..lol.... and I understand the 2 cents thing, but for some reason the minute someone says something about the whole thing, someone has to post a whole chapter on why they think it should go and what the rules should be and what other hooby places are doing...

I just want to drop it, drop fast like they dropped the class.

Thats it..

Now are you going to Mass? Are you going to have the xx-4 ready. DO YOU NEED A RIDE.
Mass is a go i have to tell my job i'm going to need monday off because i know how tired i am going to be after the long as drive...

The XX-4 will be ready for mass.

and i might need a ride if Raul can not go.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is a race I will going to attend, would love to see more guys come and join me in this great 3 day event.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...rc-driver.html

The Rules:
http://rcdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProMaxx316
oh ralph i dont know if im gonna go up there tomorrow depending on the xx-4. Im gonna try to get it finished up. If anything see what shock oil mark recommends.

Unless if Kyle chimes in. Now that i think about it i forgot to ask kyle what shock oil he ran.

Now that i think about it some more if anyone that runs a xx-4 what shock you recommend as a starting point??
get the orange ones new without the cut coils...

Mark said to leave those springs there perfect. and he also said 30-35 weight is good i think do not quote me on that....
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trict T4
Mass is a go i have to tell my job i'm going to need monday off because i know how tired i am going to be after the long as drive...

The XX-4 will be ready for mass.

and i might need a ride if Raul can not go.
Well I can book you both into the "Rich Express" if you let me know now.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Well I can book you both into the "Rich Express" if you let me know now.
well i'll let you know tomorrow because i have to see if my job will let me get monday off. which they should....
Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

well i'll let you know tomorrow because i have to see if my job will let me get monday off. which they should....
and i go to sleep now.....
Old 04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Sportsman can't be dropped. It's a default class. If you got 5 you got a show. If not put them in with slash. thats what LIR does.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ralph, Before every post you should have one of these....

Warning: This post is rated TV-MA. For Mature Audiences. L-Strong Language, V-Violence, R-Rage. Reader Discretion is advised....

Well who ever said get rid of sports man... They have there opinion as far as it being taken away i don't think that will ever happen i personaly think oval shouldn't be there its an off-road track Period. end of conversation.

spec class to me was cool because it was teaching people how to not spend a bleep load of money on stupid unneeded parts and hop-ups. it forced you to learn how to make the truck faster in turns not straight aways... but like mark says theres always someone that wants to have the unfair advantage.
(i.e. running a 17t brushless motor. did it come from the factor from traxxas??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????:weir d:

Bleep no it didn't so you just answered you own question!!!!

i love racing at rchr. ask mark me and raul have been staying there late as hell sweeping fixing painting and watering the track just to make it that little bit better for use and everyone else to enjoy thats what R/C is all about not trying to gain an upper hand on someone else its about helping one another. not jumping down someones throte just because they asked a Bleeping question.

everyone just needs to take a step back and remember its about having fun.

IT NOT ABOUT BEING THE BIGGER BLEEP HEAD......

ENJOY THE DAMN HOBBY!!!!

ALMOST MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE MARK HIS BUGGIE BACK AND SELL THE REST OF MY POOP SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR EVEYONE Bleep ABOUT THIS...
Woah somebody needs a big hug....

Ralph, buddy, tone it down, I know some people deserve some rage directed at them, but geez.

Low 15s - High 14s lap times, woah, I need to practice some more...

You guys might just knock me back down to sportsman....

You know what I think, I think I should be allowed to run a remote controlled power wheels in the mod truck class. how about that....

I only see the problems arise here in the forums, I haven't seen any of it transfer over to the track, everyone was having fun on Saturday, Remember RRRaaallllphhhhh!!!!!!....

We all had fun on Saturday.

Disclaimer:
My comments were solely for entertainment purposes, Reader Discretion is advised.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001

You know what I think, I think I should be allowed to run a remote controlled power wheels in the mod truck class. how about that....

I only see the problems arise here in the forums, I haven't seen any of it transfer over to the track, everyone was having fun on Saturday, Remember RRRaaallllphhhhh!!!!!!....

Disclaimer:
My comments were solely for entertainment purposes, Reader Discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KcDSqyRuM

Freddy im coming after you with my T4
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Ralph, Before every post you should have one of these....

Warning: This post is rated TV-MA. For Mature Audiences. L-Strong Language, V-Violence, R-Rage. Reader Discretion is advised....

Woah somebody needs a big hug....

Ralph, buddy, tone it down, I know some people deserve some rage directed at them, but geez.

Disclaimer:

yea some people really did deserve some rage. and i am sorry if i offened. i will keep it to a very min...

and yea man you need to start coming down some more. me and raul O have been tearing the track up man
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Sportsman can't be dropped. It's a default class. If you got 5 you got a show. If not put them in with slash. thats what LIR does.
Okay, since I started such a turd storm with Mike and Raul about dropping sporstman.....let me explain a little.

Upon my first few practice sessions at RCHR, I was told that I would first have to enter sportsman class until I proved to be a good enough racer. I kinda shrugged at this idea and thought nothing of it as I had no intentions of running in that class. I have never raced at a track before that requires that racers basically pre-qualify for a club race. I was actually offended for a quick second at the thought of having to run sportsman. I also know that dude Will (who just won the series for that class) hasn't been driving an RC for all that long, but he's better then everyone in sporstman and even some in 2wd mod......but he's still in sporstman.

Believe me guys, I know we need the little ones around. (though I don't have any and never will) Without them, our hobby is done for. I just think it might be a better idea to refine the sporstman rules to reflect more of a novice setting or age restriction.

I agree that kids have to be welcomed and nurtured as much as possible in this hobby, but it couldn't hurt to have a B-Main every once in a while or like RB5 said.......throw em in the slash class.

Just some food for thought.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

raul i wish there was a clapping smiley face i would put a millipon for a standing ovation....

i could not have said it better myself....
I have to be honest...I was waiting to get a tongue lashing as a labeled "new guy" here as others have dubbed us since we are relatively new to the track (not new to r/c) and I have to say i thought the exact same thing as Ralph. Well put and thanks for keeping the personal nature of responses out of it. It was a pretty adult thing to do and you handled that well. I don't know, i felt for the first time the vets/"new guys" were actually on the same page.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here is a race I will going to attend, would love to see more guys come and join me in this great 3 day event.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...rc-driver.html

The Rules:
http://rcdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404
This race is precisely why my slash is staying bone stock......even in the "Pro Short Course Off Road Nutters Large Fry Big Mac" class.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Dieselpower,

Were you the one running the Slash and the Evader(silver truck)??

First off, good running with that Slash, you were looking good out there with both trucks...

Now onto your comments,

Who ever said you had to pre-qualify to run in the Mod classes??
I understand why you would feel offended.

Will, the guy who works with Mark/John at RCHR, he doesn't run is sportsman, he used to run in sportman, but he moved out of the class a while ago. He actually won the 4wd class.

I ran in sportman for about three-four weeks before moving onto the other classes, but that was only because I've never raced off road.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.