Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR

You know what is funny from my point of veiw?

I have my ROAR membership, ROAR legal batteries, my lipo charging sack, my ROAR legal modified motor in my 4wd buggy that fits all of ROAR's rules of dimensions including minimum weight. My charger even stays just under 4.4 volts per cell, yup thats a rule too....

I don't think you could find a track in the U.S. at any race (ROAR or not) that my car wouldn't be legal in the 4wd modified buggy class (I bet my car would be competitive too). No worries even handing my car into tech inspection.

Win or lose - I know its because of driving ability, everybody knows, in the modified class. Nobody even gets accused of cheating in the modified classes.
I know what your saying, No one is condidered a cheater in the mod class. I wasnt calling anyone a cheater. I was just expressing how I felt about the complaints on a RTR truck
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hydrodancer
I TQed the corr race this weekend with a box stock Slash. Although I was running a 40c lipo because my I could only fit the 30c in the RB-5. I guess it made a difference? I blew a shock cap off in the main (two caps all day) so I think I MIGHT have to get the aluminum ones?

My personal opinion as to why the slash spec class didn't work is because there were no ground rules laid down from the beginning. Then the sc10.... well you know.

My only hope is that newbies decide to buy slashes and run them in sportsman.

VIA LA Slash!!!
Your going with the Traxxas aluminum shocks right. I wish they were threaded, but do not go with the integy piggy backs...GAAAAARRBBBBAAAGGEEE...lol...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I TQed the corr race this weekend with a box stock Slash. Although I was running a 40c lipo because my I could only fit the 30c in the RB-5. I guess it made a difference? I blew a shock cap off in the main (two caps all day) so I think I MIGHT have to get the aluminum ones?

My personal opinion as to why the slash spec class didn't work is because there were no ground rules laid down from the beginning. Then the sc10.... well you know.

My only hope is that newbies decide to buy slashes and run them in sportsman.

VIA LA Slash!!!
I was wondering what happened to ya. When you and Ron went out.....I got awfully lonely up there with those three mad dudes driving SC10s.

Haven't experienced a single problem with my shocks yet. (knocks on wood) I was actually thinking of changing the oil in em on saturday, but decided better of it as I didn't want to disturb the caps.
She's turning pretty good laps for me so she'll stay as is....bone stock with a crappy slow lipo.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
I was wondering what happened to ya. When you and Ron went out.....I got awfully lonely up there with those three mad dudes driving SC10s.

Haven't experienced a single problem with my shocks yet. (knocks on wood) I was actually thinking of changing the oil in em on saturday, but decided better of it as I didn't want to disturb the caps.
She's turning pretty good laps for me so she'll stay as is....bone stock with a crappy slow lipo.
Yeh same here, All I changed was the oil in the shocks, and so far no leakage or cap problems.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Are any future Slash Bashes only open class now? No Slash points series?

Hydro...other then batts what rules would you need for a Spec class?

I feel slightly better you TQ'd based on a lipo only though...what kind of field was running?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Are any future Slash Bashes only open class now? No Slash points series?

Hydro...other then batts what rules would you need for a Spec class?

I feel slightly better you TQ'd based on a lipo only though...what kind of field was running?

you should just throw a battery in your slash and just run it!!!!
like i said before i don't see what the big deal here is?????
in fact you have the best of both worlds; you got a very durable rtr corr truck and there isn't any rules!!!
what am i missing here????

bill

Last edited by billmck; 04-27-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Bill,

How come you didn't run your Slash on Saturday??

The way you were slamming it against the pit table, it made me think that you were ready to slash bash on Saturday...
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just to let you guys know My tounge is killing me from bitting it about the thread. I am going to speak my mind and i dont care what people think. I am tired of everyone Winning crying and Moaning. This thread use to be a great Place to post on and talk with friends made at RCHR. Now it has turned into a complaing or bashing thread. If something is said that a couple people dont like they get jumped all over. And from what i have been told and read it is carring over to the racing on saturdays. We all Need to just drop it and get over it. The reason there is no spec class is because everytime someone had a opinon on rules they got jumped all over. and people would whine about and it just got to much. As for droping the sportsman class I think that is the most stupidest idea posssible if the class gets dropped everyone is going to complain about the less experianced drivers getting in there way and taking them out also if the sportsman class gets dropped alot of marks and johns bussiness will walk out the door. I have a 10 year old son who runs sportsman and believe me mod truck is WAY over his head but if you want to try it i will Put the heavy duty bumper on his truck no parts breakage here. Also Freddy has a little girl who also races sportsman if you want to put them all in the faster class fine by me (freddy have more heavy duty bumpers if you need one) RC is suppost to be fun and not a bitch session THIS IS IN NO WAY A DIG AT RCHR. RCHR IS A GREAT PLACE TO RACE AND HANG OUT. Lets get racing back to what it was before we had rctech it was a great day with no grudes held because what was said online lets just all grow up MARK ARE YOU STILL DOWN FOR THE ROAD TRIP?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

You know what is funny from my point of veiw?

I have my ROAR membership, ROAR legal batteries, my lipo charging sack, my ROAR legal modified motor in my 4wd buggy that fits all of ROAR's rules of dimensions including minimum weight. My charger even stays just under 4.4 volts per cell, yup thats a rule too....

I don't think you could find a track in the U.S. at any race (ROAR or not) that my car wouldn't be legal in the 4wd modified buggy class (I bet my car would be competitive too). No worries even handing my car into tech inspection.

Win or lose - I know its because of driving ability, everybody knows, in the modified class. Nobody even gets accused of cheating in the modified classes.
I love this post. I think it really shows the difference between the mod guys(who have been doing this a long time) and some of the newer people. Most mod or limited drives I think know the rules and makes sure there car conforms to them even if its not a roar race.
We could get more people than dirt oval just by not running dirt oval -

My personal opinion as to why the slash spec class didn't work is because there were no ground rules laid down from the beginning.
I will also agree with this. But as colman said "everytime someone had a opinon on rules they got jumped all over." I know I had my opinion on it which was roar rules but also allowing the titan so you could run a slash out of the box. Now it appears we are past this and just going to do mod corr truck.

I personally would of liked to have this stick to stock but since we are allowing mod I will probably do that(will try a stock motor first to see if I can hang). Doesn't make that much of a difference either way to me since I already have more motors then I need.

As long as I can be competetive and have fun I will run it. For me the whole thing really is about getting out of the house, having fun, hanging out with the guys.

see you guys wednesday night.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Coleman,

What's up buuuddyyyy....

No way would I allow my daughter, at this stage, to run in mod truck.... plus, sportsman is as fun to watch as the Slash Class....

Marshalling Sportsman is a challenge to say the least, but to see these sportman improve as the weeks go by, it's a treat on its own.

As far as the SC class:
Watching these guys having so much fun in that SC class, In particular, not getting mad at each other for bumping every once in a while... Pure Unaltered Awesomeness
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone want to trade a Slash Roller for a XXXcr roller??

You can keep the Slash's electronics to run them on the XXX.

All I want is a roller for roller trade, straight up...

I'll run the Slash with a 17.5 BL motor, and assign the Slash to sportman duty for my daughter, and I'll run it in the SC class...

I'll call it, "SlowPo Valentin".
Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tschenck
For me the whole thing really is about getting out of the house, having fun, hanging out with the guys.

see you guys wednesday night.
Someone read my mind
Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I'm confused and have a headache. Since when did this become a 4-sale forum first off...EVERYONE, us PM's for transaction if you must. You guys see each other 2,3,4, or 5 times a week. Give it a break.

AS for SCT, this is like gum under a shoe. It just keeps getting stuck to the ground. Run a SCT ROAR guideline, and let it be. This way you can run at other tracks too without confusion.

Last, elimination of the sportsman class is a BAD thing. It is not for the young, the old, tall, or short. It is for the INEXPERIENCED driver. Until the time comes where a single driver is continuing to win on a weekly scale consistenly, they would continue in the class. Of course there are really young drivers in the class, and there are older drivers in the class. It allows them all to compete, and have fun. These competitors are the roots of the hobby, and will continue the growth of the sport.

Everybody needs to take a step back, and realize this, toy cars, for toy trophies.

Lets try and keep this forum on a RCHR race based topic, setups, troubles, comments and such.

I am very appreciative for the place to race so close to my house where I can bring my kids, they compete and have fun, and make new friends in the process. I raced at another neighboring track this weekend with the kids, it was a very small turnout, no children competing. My kids were the only ones. What happens when the ten of the ten core drivers gets burnt out, or gets tired of the same old situation. There will be no more racers. We want to captivate, and educate the younger people to make our place to race thrive and grow. The way it is going you guys are destroying it.

John, and Mark provide us with a great place and a friendly atmosphere. Lets do our best to keep it that way. My thanks go out to John, and Mark.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if it is fair to run a sc10 in spec slash class, why would it not be fair to run that same sc10 in mod truck. if you guys come to lir with an sc10 you will have to run in mod truck. Why ruin the slash spec class when it should be what it is , a spec class
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am in agreement with everyones statements these are toy cars no one is pulling a check from these things so y make it like we are and i hope my statements gets all the normal guys possting again and make this thread what it once was

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.