Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HobbyTown Rich
Just think about it, Mark isn't running a stock class for it, we just took money out of his pocket. That was a class that invited more people, now no longer around.

It makes me sick.

Rich.
Aww, come on now, are you implying that people are getting tricked into buying something, when there isn't a class for it??

If RCHR were to separate everything:
Imagine,
6 sportsman
3 Spec Slashes
3 SC10s
3 Limited Mod Truck, as some people has suggested also
3 Limited 2wd Buggies
1 2wd mod Buggy (Kyle)
5 Mod Trucks
6 4wd Mod Buggies....

8 classes X 4 heats = getting out of RCHR very very late....
Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tom- I saw many blondes and many brunettes that I would have liked to bring home for trophy girls or whatever

Mark- If you want to live in a hot place, I have found it. It was almost 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity at 2 in the morning when we landed. Now at 3 in the afternoon it is 100 plus with 95 percent humidity. It is freeking hot but the pool is amazing and what is around the pool is not bad. But the hotel is like a compound with security checks all over the place, and you are advised not to leave it without a local guide. Interesting to say the least. The best part is the exchange rate is one u.s. dollar is worth 48 of theirs. You could live the life, give or take. Talk to you soon.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone in the trumbull know if they allow RC cars in the BMX track??? If they do i think im gonna go up there with ralph for a few good runs. Maybe get a few action shots.

Oldschool you in. I know you want some sick shots of the Slash for some wallpaper on your PC.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They don't and if a cop or a ranger sees you they will kick you out.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

crap. Oh well looks like the skate park for me and ralph then.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
Aww, come on now, are you implying that people are getting tricked into buying something, when there isn't a class for it??

Imagine,
6 sportsman
3 Spec Slashes
3 SC10s
3 Limited 2wd Buggies
1 2wd mod Buggy (Kyle)
5 Mod Trucks
6 4wd Mod Buggies....

Or more realistically.....

1) Truck (mod, spec, limited....whatever)
2) 2wd Buggy (again....mod, limited, spec....blah blah)
3) SCOR (slash, SC10....whatever you gotz)
4) 4wd buggy
5) Mini -- I know I know....."I have yet to see a mini that can handle the track at RCHR".....apparently my Vendetta ST has gone un-noticed
I don't think that bone stock 18Ts would have any problems at all either and they're cheap! Not for nuthin, but we could probably easily get more people for a mini class then we do for oval.

6) Sportsman (if and only if the entire class is dead set on not running in another respective class) I understand that some novice drivers are a bit of a rolling roadblock, but they have to learn somehow and it's not like any one driver will have an advantage with them out there.....on the contrary, everyone will be at a slight disadvantage and therefore have the playing field leveled........kyle has to figure out that there actually are brakes on his cars.

7) Oval....well, ummmm. Not really a big oval fan of any scale. I wouldn't mind all that much if it wasn't offered and it'd make things go a whole lot faster on racedays. Plus, you have to be a friggin ninja to marshall those things.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Or more realistically.....

1) Truck (mod, spec, limited....whatever)
2) 2wd Buggy (again....mod, limited, spec....blah blah)
3) SCOR (slash, SC10....whatever you gotz)
4) 4wd buggy
5) Mini -- I know I know....."I have yet to see a mini that can handle the track at RCHR".....apparently my Vendetta ST has gone un-noticed
I don't think that bone stock 18Ts would have any problems at all either and they're cheap! Not for nuthin, but we could probably easily get more people for a mini class then we do for oval.

6) Sportsman (if and only if the entire class is dead set on not running in another respective class) I understand that some novice drivers are a bit of a rolling roadblock, but they have to learn somehow and it's not like any one driver will have an advantage with them out there.....on the contrary, everyone will be at a slight disadvantage and therefore have the playing field leveled........kyle has to figure out that there actually are brakes on his cars.

7) Oval....well, ummmm. Not really a big oval fan of any scale. I wouldn't mind all that much if it wasn't offered and it'd make things go a whole lot faster on racedays. Plus, you have to be a friggin ninja to marshall those things.

Just my 2 cents.....
I wouldn't mind trying to whip my 18t around the track. But i need some better tires. I dont think my foams will work there. And i dont think my 6800kv is a little to much. Unless i turn it down. Maybe i'll try it today for a little practice.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Imagine,
6 sportsman
3 Spec Slashes
3 SC10s
3 Limited 2wd Buggies
1 2wd mod Buggy (Kyle)
5 Mod Trucks
6 4wd Mod Buggies....

See here is the thing, I never in anything I said stated to run the Stock slash race at the weekly club races. I know we have to many classes. At the club races I will run with mark and kyle with there modded SC trucks, it will only make me a better racer. I meant to keep them for the throphy races. Every throphy race they have there, we are always out early. SO NO EXCUSE.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For all the 2WD truck guys. I'm almost done building my new T4. See you guys at the track soon.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlueB44
For all the 2WD truck guys. I'm almost done building my new T4. See you guys at the track soon.
Nice, I'm actually waiting for my T4 to come in the mail. I'll be racing with you...
Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Last edited by wfdfiremedic; 04-27-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Now lets all be adults about this, I expressed how I feel about the whole thing. I will have to run what I brung. Fine with me, So lets drop the whole thing and get back to some competitive racing and just have fun.

Sorry Mark for all of this...

Rich
Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by billmck
i don't see the big deal here...whats the matter with running what you have??? 20 laps is possible in a 6 min qual. with a stock slash, are you doing that??? whats the real problem here??????

Because we were all simply supposed to have the same truck. Now CORR is the same as mod truck with a longer wheelbase and CORR body.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Old School and Rich,

Just race your trucks as they are, when you're racing against people like Kyle, Mark and Brian L. you should just get used to finishing 2nd or third.
Get USED to finishing 2nd or 3rd? What is the point of racing?

It is about a class that ISN'T supposed to be run what you brung...from the beginning IT WAS ABOUT THE DRIVER NOT THE SETUP! Isn't that the polar opposite of the whole purpose of the Slash?

Whatever...some of you now got your wish...
Old 04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oldschool77
Get USED to finishing 2nd or 3rd? What is the point of racing?

It is about a class that ISN'T supposed to be run what you brung...from the beginning IT WAS ABOUT THE DRIVER NOT THE SETUP! Isn't that the polar opposite of the whole purpose of the Slash?

Whatever...some of you now got your wish...
Its fine Oldskool, just let it go. Soon oval will be gone to.....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.