Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

mint cause i didnt feel like taking it back apart to put them in if it needed them. One less thing to worry about.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ya, don't worry about them.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProMaxx316
Well let me rephrase myself. The slash guys were running with the SC10 guys and ran damn good with them. I say with a nice system in there and you got probly one of the best and most fun racing around.

Put it this way oldschool The racing that i saw saturday has your name all over it. Picture it the day you me and ralph was racing minus the cutting track and purpose spinning each other out.

I say what ever motor combo that Will SC10 have is the best. And (i forgot the other guy name) that slash that runs with 2wd truck and he does damn good.
OK man...I'll keep the faith.

Is it true someone ran a 15.3 in an SC10 seriously? Wild child?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oldschool77
OK man...I'll keep the faith.

Is it true someone ran a 15.3 in an SC10 seriously? Wild child?
I'll say nothing.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

From this day on I am determined to prove that with a Spec Slash truck can finish top 3 or better in a full heat of CORR trucks. I am going to force myself to not cave and mod the crap out of a truck. I feel like now I am being essentially forced to run a modded truck. Who likes getting blown away when they race when the rules change like this?

I know RCHR runs the show and I am always down for that and respect the decision...but a whole class of people are suddenly not on a level playing field which sucks no matter how you look at it. Less complaining at the cost of the integrity of Spec class simply running a truck out of a box and being a driver.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

From this day on I am determined to prove that with a Spec Slash truck can finish top 3 or better in a full heat of CORR trucks. I am going to force myself to not cave and mod the crap out of a truck. I feel like now I am being essentially forced to run a modded truck. Who likes getting blown away when they race when the rules change like this?

I know RCHR runs the show and I am always down for that and respect the decision...but a whole class of people are suddenly not on a level playing field which sucks no matter how you look at it. Less complaining at the cost of the integrity of Spec class simply running a truck out of a box and being a driver.

I know your serious about this. But for some odd reason i see you standing on a soap box with one of those boom box with a mic input. And preaching away.

Preach Brother Oldschool Preach!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProMaxx316
I know your serious about this. But for some odd reason i see you standing on a soap box with one of those boom box with a mic input. And preaching away.

Preach Brother Oldschool Preach!!!!!
It's ok raul I'll just practice more. This just isn't worth getting worked up about anymore. I am disappointed and that's it .

Last edited by oldschool77; 04-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

There is nothing I can do except roll with the punches. Either I conform or stay Spec. When this class isn't fun anymore I am out.
why wouldn't it be fun
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

i don't see the big deal here...whats the matter with running what you have??? 20 laps is possible in a 6 min qual. with a stock slash, are you doing that??? whats the real problem here??????
Old 04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey freddy, i'm sorry i took you out bro...

bill
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think its very disapointing that so many people complained about it, and now the class is no longer around. I will continue to race the slash stock with the modded ones, just to show all I dont need a ESC and motor combo (which probaly costs more then the whole RTR ) to have fun and be competitive.

I've never in my entire life seen so much forum fighting about a $200.00 RTR Truck. from people who claim to have more then 2 decades of racing experience. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone, so no one take any of this personaly. I'm just expressing how I feel about the whole thing, I see both sides of the racers. But doesn't mean I would have to agree with any of it. I understand why Mark made the decision he made. I feel that the slash had opened more racers to the hobby, and is helping to keep this fun HOBBY alive. By not running a seperate stock class, the kid that has saved all his allowance money now has to spend a fortune just to compete with everyone else. Do I find it fair, NO. Does anyone care, Maybe.

Just think about it, Mark isn't running a stock class for it, we just took money out of his pocket. That was a class that invited more people, now no longer around.

It makes me sick.

Rich.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HobbyTown Rich
I think its very disapointing that so many people complained about it, and now the class is no longer around. I will continue to race the slash stock with the modded ones, just to show all I dont need a ESC and motor combo (which probaly costs more then the whole RTR ) to have fun and be competitive.

I've never in my entire life seen so much forum fighting about a $200.00 RTR Truck. from people who claim to have more then 2 decades of racing experience. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone, so no one take any of this personaly. I'm just expressing how I feel about the whole thing, I see both sides of the racers. But doesn't mean I would have to agree with any of it. I understand why Mark made the decision he made. I feel that the slash had opened more racers to the hobby, and is helping to keep this fun HOBBY alive. By not running a seperate stock class, the kid that has saved all his allowance money now has to spend a fortune just to compete with everyone else. Do I find it fair, NO. Does anyone care, Maybe.

Just think about it, Mark isn't running a stock class for it, we just took money out of his pocket. That was a class that invited more people, now no longer around.

It makes me sick.

Rich.
WELL JUST REMEMBER THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STARTING OUT CAN ALSO RUN SPORTSMAN.

PEOPLE THAT ARE WELL ROUNDED IN R/C SHOULD RUN WITH PEOPLE THAT SUCK THAT HAVE A STUPID SICK SET-UP AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, AND SHOW THEM THAT ITS NOT THE CARS SPEED THAT MAKES THE DRIVER. ITS THE DRIVERS CAPABILITY TO OUT HANDLE THEM AND TRY TO AVOID THE RECLESS DRIVERS THAT CAN MAKE THEM THE BEST.THATS ALL YOU NEED.

SORRY SPEC GUYS ITS THE PEOPLE THAT WANT THE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, TO TRY AND GET AN EASY WIN. BY CHANGING MOTORS ESC's RUNNING WRONG BATTERIES(ect.) NOW ITS RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG.

PROVE TO EVERY ONE THAT ITS NOT HOW STUPID FAST YOU CAN MAKE THE CAR ITs HOW MUCH FUN YOU CAN HAVE WINNING BY STAY CALM COOL AND FOLLOWING A FAST LINE!

IT TOOK EVERYONE AT RCHR KICKING MY ASS EVERYTIME I WENT THERE(JUST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE FASTER MOTOR WAS BETTER) TO UNDERSTAND THAT ALL YOU NEED IS A FAST LINE NOT A FAST CAR.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you guys should run sc10s in the mod truck class, and leave the slashes stock.
For the 2 or 3 roar races we run a year, why should we worry about their rules?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billmck
hey freddy, i'm sorry i took you out bro...

bill
Don't worry about it Bill, you didn't do it on purpose, and it's not like I threw a fit or anything... I was only kidding with you and Dan. we only came together that one time and we bumped I think, in mid air, so nothing you could do about it...

Don't worry sir...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old School and Rich,

Just race your trucks as they are, when you're racing against people like Kyle, Mark and Brian L. you should just get used to finishing 2nd or third.

Is like me running in 4wd, like I am now, and asking Mark and Kyle to run the same motor as I am just to feel as If I had a chance at beating them If we were all running the same motor... it's not gonna happen.

So I've gotten used to the Idea to finishing at best 3rd when Mark and Kyle are racing in the same race as me.

Hey, I got an Idea, Let Kyle or Mark drive your trucks in a race, and you guys race their trucks. let's see who will win....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.