Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LosiFool
Wow, that's a good sized indoor dirt track... I'll be checking the place out with some friends.... I'm sure we'll end up racing there. We're going through withdrawals
That would be great!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Looks like a nice open setup. I'll be watching for when you open !
Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Doesn't Wolcott Hobby pretty much have the indoor offroad racing scene wrapped up in Central CT? Why did you build a track towards the New York area?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThunderRC
Doesn't Wolcott Hobby pretty much have the indoor offroad racing scene wrapped up in Central CT?
In the past, Wolcott has only had the small indoor track open during the winter when they couldn't run outside on their primary outdoor nitro track. I don't think thats "all wraped up".

Besides, I'm not asking any of their customers to race at my place instead of Wolcott Hobbies. I have plans on getting my own customers into the hobby without trying to steal customers from other tracks.

Originally Posted by ThunderRC
Why did you build a track towards the New York area?
A. The price and the timing were right. B. We are dead smack in the middle of Long Island Raceway and R/C Excitement, both tracks I'm very intrested in working with to bring back the excitement and popularity of electric off-road competition.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Mark, looks like a great little sport for a track! Can't wait to come down and check out the place. I sent you an email yesterday or the day before with links to a few display cases for sale.

Let me know when you're gonna be there so I can drop by and say hey.

Pete
Old 11-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

We just got our dirt in and I'm really happy with the quality, its right there with LIR and RCE's screened topsoil (which is premium), so that means the same tires are going to work at all three tracks. That will make racing more competitive in the region and save the racers money.

Pete, I'm pretty much down their every night after five and on weekends. I'll give you a call. Howard has been down to see the shop and he's pretty excited about how everythings going.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Has Howard stopped working for Lester yet?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What classes will you be racing ? Will there be a class for 4wd buggies ? What are the popular classes ?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default Congrats

Hey Mark contrats man... a dream come true.... looks like it's time for me to come back for a Vac.

my only question is ... How does you fiance'e feel about getting hitched at the track ...lol
Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LosiFool
What classes will you be racing ? Will there be a class for 4wd buggies ? What are the popular classes ?
I will be pushing 2wd Buggy with 10.5 brushless and 7.4v lipo batteries to be the popular class.

Here is what I would like to see run.

1. Sportsman (novice w/silver can motor) – race entry fee $5.00, 5 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck, and 4wd Buggy will run together.

2. Amateur (19 brushed/10.5 brushless) – race entry fee $10.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy and Truck run together, 4wd Buggy in an individual heat.

3. Expert (open modified) – race entry fee $15.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck and 4wd Buggy each have an individual heat.

Nothing is set in stone as of yet though

We are going to try keeping the track layouts for at least six months. There will be gift certificates to the racers who post the fastest official (qualifier or main event) race time and fastest individual lap for each track layout in the amateur and professional classes.

Mark

Last edited by Scrubb; 01-11-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bionicmonkey25
Has Howard stopped working for Lester yet?
Yeah, about a week or so ago.

Originally Posted by JasonC
Hey Mark contrats man... a dream come true.... looks like it's time for me to come back for a Vac.

my only question is ... How does you fiance'e feel about getting hitched at the track ...lol
Hell yeah, come on over, you know you got a place to stay! The wedding at the track thing didn't go over so well
Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Opening date yet?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Scrubb
I will be pushing 2wd Buggy with 10.5 brushless and 7.4v lipo batteries to be the popular class.

Here is what I would like to see run.

1. Sportsman (novice w/silver can motor) – race entry fee $5.00, 5 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck, and 4wd Buggy will run together.

2. Amateur (19 brushed/10.5 brushless) – race entry fee $10.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy and Truck run together, 4wd Buggy in an individual heat.

3. Professional (open modified) – race entry fee $15.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck and 4wd Buggy each have an individual heat.

Nothing is set in stone as of yet though

We are going to try keeping the track layouts for at least six months. There will be gift certificates to the racers who post the fastest official (qualifier or main event) race time and fastest individual lap for each track layout in the amateur and professional classes.

Mark

Mark, I know this is all tentative and all but wouldn't ya think 8 min quals and main a little too long for someone who would want to run a brushed mod motor and non lipo (nmhd) battieries. I'm thinking of heat buildup in a regular brushed mod motor would be an issue and efficency also compared to brushless. Just a thought for someone still using brushed motors, I know alot of the l.i. guy still do this. I kinda like what R/C excitment does with 5 min quals and 6 min Mains. Kind of in the middle of standard 5 min and what your thinking. Just my 2 cents. By the way looks good, track will be plenty big for electric. Can't wait .
Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Slayer
Opening date yet?
Nope

Originally Posted by mjcxtreme
Mark, I know this is all tentative and all but wouldn't ya think 8 min quals and main a little too long for someone who would want to run a brushed mod motor and non lipo (nmhd) battieries. I'm thinking of heat buildup in a regular brushed mod motor would be an issue and efficency also compared to brushless. Just a thought for someone still using brushed motors, I know alot of the l.i. guy still do this. I kinda like what R/C excitment does with 5 min quals and 6 min Mains. Kind of in the middle of standard 5 min and what your thinking. Just my 2 cents. By the way looks good, track will be plenty big for electric. Can't wait .
I don't think its a little too long, When I ran 3800mah batteries and 19 turn motors I easily ran for 8 minutes. My 4wd with a 10 turn and my old worn out 3800's made 7 minutes, newer stuff shouldn't be a problem. Also, when I started racing 24 years ago, we actually had to gear our cars conservatively to make race length. It will pretty much be something I will leave up to the racers in the professional open modified classes, longer race times with slightly milder cars (less wear and breaking), or uncontrollably faster cars with shorter races (more wear and more breaking).

On a small indoor track such as ours, a wild low turn motor wouldn't be faster anyway, so I figure you should get more race time for your race entry fee since a slower motor is just as competitive.

Like I mentioned, nothing is set in stone yet, thats just what I would like to see happen.

Last edited by Scrubb; 11-26-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey matt, i would say for the 4wd guys do a few trial races with different times. or even better yet a class vote to see what times people could make, or think they could make. by the way, they still make those pesky brushed motors???

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.