Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You'd think with the level of talent these programs bring in they'd do a little better but oh well
Old 02-19-2014, 06:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
You'd think with the level of talent these programs bring in they'd do a little better but oh well
Apparently the clay was left outside and uncovered, when they brought it in it was still frozen. Once it started to melt it got really really soft and with people marshaling they would sink in the clay causing nasty bumps everywhere.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EricW
Apparently the clay was left outside and uncovered, when they brought it in it was still frozen. Once it started to melt it got really really soft and with people marshaling they would sink in the clay causing nasty bumps everywhere.
We that wasn't the smartest move knowing that there was a snow storm rolling in...but for a big event you would have expected better. Maybe they will let people run 5th scale next year
Old 02-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad I didn't go. I don't need to spend all that money, travel that far, and wait in a long line to race on a sh*tty track to spend time with friends.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by One Car
We that wasn't the smartest move knowing that there was a snow storm rolling in...but for a big event you would have expected better. Maybe they will let people run 5th scale next year
It's my understanding that the facility owners wouldnt grant them access until Wednesday.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EricW
It's my understanding that the facility owners wouldnt grant them access until Wednesday.
That's a shame considering how big the event is and how many people attended every year....just another reason not to go. I rather go to RCE to race knowing that the track will be in top shape and is much closer for there big events...but at mogulrama you get to see farm animals when your not racing
Old 02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm in no way defending the bumpy 1/10 and 1/8 tracks this year. However, i will say that there's a reason people who've been to motorama in year's past say that 1/10th track is the "awesome" track. The red clay provides great traction without any sugar. The layout is usually fun and challenging. I've only gone the last 2 years, and I don't remember it being that bumpy nor do I remember people complaining about the track. I just remember people saying how great the track was. I'm not sure if I would draw a conclusion if a track is always going to be bumpy based on one year. Everybody knows this is not enough to evidence to really conclude that this is a trend.

But, hey, it's all how you want to spend your money on racing and what's important to you. I agree that it's not cheap (unless you split costs of hotel and gas). If you want to race at a national event on the east coast with professional and sponsored drivers on both a 1/10 clay and a 1/8 indoor track at the same event, and be able to watch motorcross, and watch a miss motorama pagent (i.e. bikini contest), and hang out with friends (and family for me) all at once in the same weekend, then it might be worth it for you. If you don't feel it's worth the money, then maybe a more standard race like JConcepts indoor at RCE is more worth it.

Hey, I personally enjoyed talking with Brent Thielke about how everyone loves the b5. I was even telling him about a guy I race with who always buys kyosho, then bought the b5 and loves it (yes duck, I was telling him about you). Then, he was joking around with me later if I was dominating out there. haha.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

I bet Michael Jay Fox could have won the mains if he raced RC cars. Again ++++++1 on not spending the money and dealing with amusement park length lines to practice. (Can I get a FastPass??!) to run on a track, that even though was a big event, was still a second hand attraction to the overall motorama coordinators apparently, to not do ahead of time, (left the clay out in the elements and not let them into the building) anything to make sure ppl were getting wat they paid for and expect to race on. I for one will not go, ever. I'd rather travel to local tracks, run their trophey races, and if I wanna spend a ton of money to attend a big race. I'll go to something like the cactus classic or the race in Ohio. And spend time with my friends at the local tracks
Look at the bright side, food sounded awesome

Hope to see everyone tonight
Ducky
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

What is with all the motorama bashing? Its a race and all racers are running same conditions. Scotty and charlie put on the best races in the world. 770 entries and it was capped. Anyway, i am coming out to play tonight
Old 02-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

The closest thing I can come up with to describe the track material is red play dough. The traction is amazing. The first day was rough but by the mains, you weren't really thinking about the track anymore. Part of that was that it just got better as it got run in...the other part was you are out there with really really good drivers and you just want to do the best you can. Even with the 10th scale track the way it was I enjoyed myself and would definitely go again.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
Hey, I personally enjoyed talking with Brent Thielke about how everyone loves the b5. I was even telling him about a guy I race with who always buys kyosho, then bought the b5 and loves it (yes duck, I was telling him about you). Then, he was joking around with me later if I was dominating out there. haha.
Now I'll have to start getting the other B5 ready for Mod.... Lol Hell froze over and duck loves his associated, hell maybe a b44.2 with an avid chassis will be next... But I'd like to see the whole product line get updated before I go completely gung-ho.

However soon for sale
Kyosho RB6 roller
Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP w/ aluminum chassis roller
Pro-line Pro 2 short course truck roller

All price and info to come. Each will come with tires and the kyoshos with a metric ton of spares and tires PM me for offers or ?s

Ducky
Old 02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't get the long wait times people who didn't even go are complaining about. The most I waited to get to practice was maybe 15 minutes. They were controlled practices that were timed, when your time was up you left the stand. Hell, I've waited longer than that to practice at local trophy races with 1/10th the entries.....
Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My main reason for not going is the cost. You guys know me. I'd rather spend that money cornering the market on old Yokomos I'm just saying all of these other complaints, no matter how big or small, don't help to make a case for me.

Can't go tonight. Was not able to get everything ready last night (in truth, I was watching a lot of talks with Neil deGrasse Tyson on YouTube...love that guy). I plan to be there on Saturday, though.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Does anyone have and old RB5 theyd like to part with? mainly looking for the shocks and trans
Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Keep in mind. Motorama contracts the farm complex for 4 days. They cannot build the track any sooner then day before the race. That is insane and to run a 800 entry race from track build to completion in 4 days is simply amazing. Then you have all the other exhibits to watch. My girls went with me one year and i did not see them all day. They had a blast.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.