Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
  #27856  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Conversation on drivers stand last nite, while racing


Phu: " Where's my buggy?"

Ed: "Did you just say Where's my buggy ???"
rimracker is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM
  #27857  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rimracker
Conversation on drivers stand last nite, while racing


Phu: " Where's my buggy?"

Ed: "Did you just say Where's my buggy ???"
lol. i have to admit. there were also a couple of times i almost crashed during the race because you guys were making me laugh. good stuff.

good to see you back rick. get that buggy out.
Eaglesrx is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:58 PM
  #27858  
Tech Fanatic
 
willyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 842
Default

Hey Guys, thanks for coming out to WNW this week. Sorry for the wait!

Results, Reports & Videos on RCHR.BIZ
willyb is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:03 AM
  #27859  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Armetta World Peace is back, and I missed it? Aww man, I'll be there next Wednesday for sure.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 PM
  #27860  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
stickboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Would be great to see you on the weekends more, Phu. You did well in 4wd buggy. I will pull one out of the excuses book and say that I chose the wrong tire. I gambled on the track being a bit drier than it was when we ran the main, and so I chose M3 compound, but the rear ended up being too loose for the damp-ish surface. Should've stuck with gold barcodes. Ed was wicked fast, though. Not sure that I could've caught him even with the right tires, or even if I were running my B44.

Wednesday was the first time I got to properly race my new Lazer. First impressions are that it jumps very smoothly, but the springs and swaybar that come with the kit are too soft. My guess is that the kit setup is an outdoor setup. The springs aren't even labeled - there is no color tab on them and the manual does not state which type of spring they are, either. Way to go, Kyosho. Next time I spend $500 on a new buggy, it will definitely be on a different brand. The parts labeling and instructions are second to last, and the high quality of the final product is no excuse for a crappy build process, especially considering the price. It does drive okay, but it will take me some time to feel like I can push it as hard as my "trusty" B44. I am tempted to restore my B44 to like-new condition, but the cost just isn't worth it. Stuck with the Lazer for now...not a bad problem to have, though...

I have some Losi springs I'll throw on there (I will never in a million years spend $20 on a pair of goddamn springs) which should help tighten it up a bit. Need a thicker swaybar and that should hopefully cover the bases for a decent indoor setup.
stickboy007 is offline  
Old 12-14-2013, 06:00 AM
  #27861  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Armetta World Peace is back, and I missed it? Aww man
Not sure I know what that is


Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I'll be there next Wednesday for sure.
I wish I knew how to post up the video clip of the Joker clapping his hands, I'm not tech savvy enough.
rimracker is offline  
Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM
  #27862  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Will the shop be open today? if so what time? Looking for some countersunk 3mm about 15mm long if you have any.

how are there 46 guests looking at this thread, lol.
rimracker is offline  
Old 12-14-2013, 06:42 AM
  #27863  
Tech Fanatic
 
willyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 842
Default

Guys the shop will be closed today and we will not be racing tonight due to the weather.

Rick, John is there now for a bit doing some maintenance but planning on leaving before noon...call the shop now if you want to catch him. If not, I'll be there Mon night 7:30pm
willyb is offline  
Old 12-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #27864  
Tech Addict
 
vintage Shu Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 515
Default

John & Will, Just an idea but Thurs racing the 26th of Dec would be a blast.

Lets get a role call for those that would be interested?
vintage Shu Cat is offline  
Old 12-15-2013, 12:49 PM
  #27865  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
trevcoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naugatuck, Ct
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
John & Will, Just an idea but Thurs racing the 26th of Dec would be a blast.

Lets get a role call for those that would be interested?
I still need to finalize my FFF (Forced Family Fun) plans for Christmas week, but if I'm back in time I will be there.
trevcoll is offline  
Old 12-15-2013, 12:53 PM
  #27866  
Tech Adept
 
Ducky162's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 115
Default

Originally Posted by stickboy007
Would be great to see you on the weekends more, Phu. You did well in 4wd buggy. I will pull one out of the excuses book and say that I chose the wrong tire. I gambled on the track being a bit drier than it was when we ran the main, and so I chose M3 compound, but the rear ended up being too loose for the damp-ish surface. Should've stuck with gold barcodes. Ed was wicked fast, though. Not sure that I could've caught him even with the right tires, or even if I were running my B44.

Wednesday was the first time I got to properly race my new Lazer. First impressions are that it jumps very smoothly, but the springs and swaybar that come with the kit are too soft. My guess is that the kit setup is an outdoor setup. The springs aren't even labeled - there is no color tab on them and the manual does not state which type of spring they are, either. Way to go, Kyosho. Next time I spend $500 on a new buggy, it will definitely be on a different brand. The parts labeling and instructions are second to last, and the high quality of the final product is no excuse for a crappy build process, especially considering the price. It does drive okay, but it will take me some time to feel like I can push it as hard as my "trusty" B44. I am tempted to restore my B44 to like-new condition, but the cost just isn't wrth it. Stuck with the Lazer for now...not a bad problem to have, though...

I have some Losi springs I'll throw on there (I will never in a million years spend $20 on a pair of goddamn springs) which should help tighten it up a bit. Need a thicker swaybar and that should hopefully cover the bases for a decent indoor setup.
...... I can build, setup, and afford a kyosho kit without a sophisticated college education and an intellect of a rocket scientist? ........

WINNING!!!!

See y'all for WNW
"Ducky"

PS your unmarked springs are non x-gear and are close to yellow. James coulda told you that
Ducky162 is offline  
Old 12-15-2013, 06:27 PM
  #27867  
Tech Fanatic
 
willyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
John & Will, Just an idea but Thurs racing the 26th of Dec would be a blast.

Lets get a role call for those that would be interested?
Jeff & Everyone... Since both Christmas and New Years fall on Wednesday this year we are going to instead be running on Thursday the 26th and Thursday the 2nd.

Don't forget we are also running our Christmas Trophy Race this sun the 22nd. There will be free open practice on Saturday the 21st for anyone who signs up to race on Sunday. We are running WNW this week as normal so we'll see you all there!
willyb is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 06:15 AM
  #27868  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
EricW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,941
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

John, check your PM.

Regarding the steering rack on the XB4, scroll down almost to the bottom.
EricW is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 AM
  #27869  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
stickboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ducky162
...... I can build, setup, and afford a kyosho kit without a sophisticated college education and an intellect of a rocket scientist? ........

WINNING!!!!

See y'all for WNW
"Ducky"

PS your unmarked springs are non x-gear and are close to yellow. James coulda told you that
I'm just saying that for $500, I can get way more out of a different brand. I really don't see what you're trying to defend here.

As for the springs, James did not know.
stickboy007 is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 12:22 PM
  #27870  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stickboy007
I'm just saying that for $500, I can get way more out of a different brand. I really don't see what you're trying to defend here.

As for the springs, James did not know.
That kit is not for novice folks, you could have asked any one who drives K cars that the springs aren't label with the 4wd. Stop your fussing its an amazing SUPER SMOOTH buggy. Why didn't you get a 44.2 anyway? But i agree for that bank roll it should have better attention to detail..... I'll buy it...... lol
jaron_cc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.