Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Wow dug that one out of the vaults. See everyone tomorrow night!

In the words of Phu. "Bring It"!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
Wow dug that one out of the vaults. See everyone tomorrow night!

In the words of Phu. "Bring It"!!!!!!!!
That's right!! this time I won't overdrive my 4wd sct like in the last club race. bringing the fleet tonight, just in case. gotta work on 2wd bug.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys, thanks for coming out to the Wednesday Night Worlds!

Results, Reports & Videos on RCHR.BIZ
Old 12-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by willyb
Hey Guys, thanks for coming out to the Wednesday Night Worlds!

Results, Reports & Videos on RCHR.BIZ
hey brommell, u were lookin fast ..almost 2 fast ..the car looks good...
Old 12-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"Hey look, it's Raph!"

"Yeah...a little too Raph."
Old 12-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glacius
hey brommell, u were lookin fast ..almost 2 fast ..the car looks good...
Yeah that RB6 is working well, still getting used to it but im in the mix....
Lamar, that was the slowest looking 13 second lap ive ever seen lmao
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Does anyone have an LRP Flow or competition ESC for sale? I plan on racing this weekend at RCHr but my other esc blew.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

... Wrong Thread Sorry
Old 12-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Ok guys talked to willy, He stated that were racing. Doors open 3PM and Racing starts around 5:30PM. Looks like it's going to be a pretty good turnout. Come on down, See everyone tomorrow!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So with more and more 2wd buggies coming out with optional mid motor configurations, which are really designed for high traction tracks (astro, carpet and clay), how long before tracks start to cater to racers wanting higher traction for the mid motor configurations? How long before more tracks start to lay down sugar or anything else to bring the traction up? How long before "off road" turns in to touring cars with jumps?

Although if you ask the old school racers they'd probably already say off road has turned in to touring car with jumps.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
So with more and more 2wd buggies coming out with optional mid motor configurations, which are really designed for high traction tracks (astro, carpet and clay), how long before tracks start to cater to racers wanting higher traction for the mid motor configurations? How long before more tracks start to lay down sugar or anything else to bring the traction up? How long before "off road" turns in to touring cars with jumps?

Although if you ask the old school racers they'd probably already say off road has turned in to touring car with jumps.
I don't think that buggy guys that race mid motor are going to want astro or carpet. I used to run a losi 22 mid motor at Madness on carpet. For me it was ok. Then I bought a Durango DEX210 built it rear motor and came back to race at rchr. I am having more fun running on the dirt with you guys then I did running on carpet. The buggy feels more at home on the dirt then on carpet. I run alot better at RCHR then I have on a carpet track. But then again I'm not one of the best drivers but I'm also not one of the worst drivers either.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyD.
I don't think that buggy guys that race mid motor are going to want astro or carpet. I used to run a losi 22 mid motor at Madness on carpet. For me it was ok. Then I bought a Durango DEX210 built it rear motor and came back to race at rchr. I am having more fun running on the dirt with you guys then I did running on carpet. The buggy feels more at home on the dirt then on carpet. I run alot better at RCHR then I have on a carpet track. But then again I'm not one of the best drivers but I'm also not one of the worst drivers either.
I'm thinking about it from the point of view of a club racer who's going to see the new thing is to run mid motor like the pros probably will start doing more often. If we could all tune and drive like a pro it would be a non issue but we're not. We're fortunate to have quite a few tracks to pick from in CT, what if one track starts to sugar/treat their traction to align with the mid motor setup, would racers start to gravitate to that track causing the other tracks to follow suit?

I don't see tracks converting to carpet or turf but I could see tracks doing what they have to retain their racers. Slicks isn't offroad racing.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have to agree with Eric about the slicks.....I was watching Larry grinding down a new set of tires making them into slicks for Sunday,I was like WTF.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm thinking about it from the point of view of a club racer who's going to see the new thing is to run mid motor like the pros probably will start doing more often. If we could all tune and drive like a pro it would be a non issue but we're not. We're fortunate to have quite a few tracks to pick from in CT, what if one track starts to sugar/treat their traction to align with the mid motor setup, would racers start to gravitate to that track causing the other tracks to follow suit?

I don't see tracks converting to carpet or turf but I could see tracks doing what they have to retain their racers. Slicks isn't offroad racing.
+1

please no sugared tracks. going through multiple sets of tires because of the sugared track would increase the risk of driving away racers. nobody wants to spend more money on tires just to run club races.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You don't have to sugar the track to run mid. I ran the 22 SCT in mid when it first came out, it took a while to find a setup though. My experience was I thought the truck cornered faster, but was touchy with the throttle inputs. I also had issues with nose down flight characteristics. Not sure if a 4 gear trans provides just enough drag brake effect or it was simply my setup. I stopped running that truck due to steering issues. I know team Loseie guys will swear there are no issues, I have my own opinion.

Of course there is a lot more info out there now. Lots of guys are grinding arms down, swapping left and right arms to get what they are looking for. Funny I don't remember seeing that on the set up sheet. If you like to tune or are a really good driver you can make it work I guess.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.