Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Eric, that's awesome....id love to get some new X-Ray stuff in the shop..i will definitely look into it for you.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi all, I'm a beginner in the RC car hobby. I just picked up a 1/14 Vaterra Kalahari which is my first hobby-grade RC car. I'm sure at some point I would get bored driving it around my area and would make me want to hit a real track. RCHR is only 30 mins away so at some point in the future I would definitely pay a visit. But I know nothing about how this whole "racing in a hobby shop" system work. Do you pay to use the track or do you only pay to enter races and you get to use the track during open practice for free? I don't really care too much about racing yet but I want to be able to drive my car on a track occasionally. And my 1/14 Vaterra Kalahari is 4WD, what class would I enter this under if I were to participate in a race event? I'm trying to get into the RC hobby and just want to know more about. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cirasa
Hi all, I'm a beginner in the RC car hobby. I just picked up a 1/14 Vaterra Kalahari which is my first hobby-grade RC car. I'm sure at some point I would get bored driving it around my area and would make me want to hit a real track. RCHR is only 30 mins away so at some point in the future I would definitely pay a visit. But I know nothing about how this whole "racing in a hobby shop" system work. Do you pay to use the track or do you only pay to enter races and you get to use the track during open practice for free? And 1/14 Vaterra Kalahari is 4WD, what class would I enter this under? I'm trying to get into the RC hobby and just want to know more about. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
You can practice at RCHR for $10 a day or you can pay $25 for the month and practice as much as you want.

For regular club races (club races meaning regular weekly race days) which are currently run on Wednesday and Saturday the entry fee is $15. For larger trophy races (trophy races are special race events that are advertised and usually get a larger turnout of racers, top 3 winners in each class get an actual trophy or plaque) the entry fees vary.

RCHR doesnt currently run a 1/14th scale class however they do offer a Sportsman class (depending on the turnout) for people just starting out with racing and you can "run what you brung". If there isn't enough new racers to run the sportsman class I can almost guarantee John or Willy will let you race in one of the regular classes. Basically if you show up you'll race.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
You can practice at RCHR for $10 a day or you can pay $25 for the month and practice as much as you want.

For regular club races (club races meaning regular weekly race days) which are currently run on Wednesday and Saturday the entry fee is $15. For larger trophy races (trophy races are special race events that are advertised and usually get a larger turnout of racers, top 3 winners in each class get an actual trophy or plaque) the entry fees vary.

RCHR doesnt currently run a 1/14th scale class however they do offer a Sportsman class (depending on the turnout) for people just starting out with racing and you can "run what you brung". If there isn't enough new racers to run the sportsman class I can almost guarantee John or Willy will let you race in one of the regular classes. Basically if you show up you'll race.
Thanks for the info!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Eric! Yes we are looking to grow our sportsman class along with our normal competitive racing classes on Saturday's! Saturday racing offers more time for newer racers to ask questions and get more track time. Sportsman is like the minor leagues for our hobby. Everyone needs to start somewhere, I feel it would be frustrating for someone who never raced to just jump in a competitive class...so if you read this forum and are new to the hobby and want to learn how to race rc, what to buy, how to get your car set up....come check us out on Saturday afternoons this winter...
Old 11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

what tire do you guys run for 2wd buggy? Will proline suburbs work in M4 compound?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok Guys, we ARE going to run WNW this week. The track will be ready for Wednesday night. I will post a link to pics shortly.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by willyb
Ok Guys, we ARE going to run WNW this week. The track will be ready for Wednesday night. I will post a link to pics shortly.
Great news, I need some practice after a 6 week layoff.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

if you can order Xray stuff
??? Next thing you know you will be looking at Tamiya's
Old 11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rimracker
??? Next thing you know you will be looking at Tamiya's
Watch it buddy! I'm working on bolting up some V2's to my Fox Re-Re :P
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Panoramic shot of the new layout on RCHR.BIZ
Old 11-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by willyb
Panoramic shot of the new layout on RCHR.BIZ
nice!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Great news, I need some practice after a 6 week layoff.
good to see you back eric. i've got some jc thumb screws you can use. lol
Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

track looks great can't wait to run sunday. Do you still have to pay to practice on the track on Sat if you sign up for sundays race?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.