Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
Trevor your Tekno parts are here at the shop and I'll be here till 9 if no track use or customers.
I'll swing by at some point and snag them. Not sure when I'll run the truck again, but I've committed to John that I'll buy them.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stickboy007
No racing at Gallimods on Sunday - track is being torn up to change the layout.

Mister 9-second-Willie...yes, I believe you did beat me a few times...but not last Saturday!

@ Phu, this is where it helps to have a video camera, so you can check frame by frame what is going on. I have had nose-dive issues with my SC10 4x4 (not a Tekno, but still a redneck truck), and I found that the biggest fix came from stiffer springs, particularly in the rear. That keeps the rear from bottoming out and then bouncing off of the jump face. Had the same exact problem with my YZ10, and stiffer rear springs fixed it there too. This will have a much more profound effect than moving the battery around, which I expect will have a relatively minor effect on the jumping attitude.
Lol 9 second willy

Well if you run a good clean race, you can win. And that's exactly what you did.

Sorry about the misinformation on gallimods...as of last night Ed was going to run.

The tekno is a heavy truck...it takes some rpms to overcome gravity. Mine only dives if I let off the gas and only on a long jump. It double singles that triple pretty good without any extra throttle finesse. I don't have enough hp in there to triple that thing now so I don't even try. But I hope to change that soon.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stickboy007
No racing at Gallimods on Sunday - track is being torn up to change the layout.

Mister 9-second-Willie...yes, I believe you did beat me a few times...but not last Saturday!

@ Phu, this is where it helps to have a video camera, so you can check frame by frame what is going on. I have had nose-dive issues with my SC10 4x4 (not a Tekno, but still a redneck truck), and I found that the biggest fix came from stiffer springs, particularly in the rear. That keeps the rear from bottoming out and then bouncing off of the jump face. Had the same exact problem with my YZ10, and stiffer rear springs fixed it there too. This will have a much more profound effect than moving the battery around, which I expect will have a relatively minor effect on the jumping attitude.

Yes racing Sunday at Gallimods.. Ed said since Rchr is not running he will hold a club race Sunday!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trevcoll
Ah! The dis-honor system.

I plan on heading up early tomorrow 10 a.m. ish to practice and set up. Hope to see some of you there before I bail.

I guess I'll take my cues from my dog and take a massive crap in each corner of my pit area to mark my territory. Hello Domino's! I need three large pies, extra cheese.
lol;

i'm going to have to set aside some time next year for that race. maybe next year's outdoor season, i'll get a mod 2wd sct.

reinaldo/will, yeah, some of the guys on rctech tekno thread are using stiffer springs in the rear to keep it from bucking on steep fast jumps. some guys are also going to pistons with more pack. my current setup is decent, when i use that lighter battery. i just have to hit faster lines and throttle/brake better to get in/out of corners faster. but at motorama, i'll probably need that heavier battery. might alter the setup now so i'm not scrambling for a setup there.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

John, Willy, Rick or Trevor, do any of you guyz (lol) have a small portable or reasonable air compressor you can bring? Last time up there they didn't have a shop compressor to use.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

I was there a couple weeks ago and they had a compressor. Problem with bringing your own will be power. That is not the best, especially if you are far from the panel.

I wouldn't worry about your tents....Just take the cover off when you leave so it doesn't take off in the overnight if the wind picks up. We even leave our tables there.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
John, Willy, Rick or Trevor, do any of you guyz (lol) have a small portable or reasonable air compressor you can bring? Last time up there they didn't have a shop compressor to use.
Jeff I have a little compressor...I'll bring it.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Just got back from Madness. Layout is fun. Wind was causing way more issues than the layout or traction for the driver practicing. Hopefully it'll die down for the folks getting there this afternoon.

Track was building a fair amount of dust. Cityblocks felt best to me. Tried Tazers, they were OK.

Not sure it they water the track or not. Guess I'll find out tomorrow and make my final decision from there.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trevcoll
Just got back from Madness. Layout is fun. Wind was causing way more issues than the layout or traction for the driver practicing. Hopefully it'll die down for the folks getting there this afternoon.

Track was building a fair amount of dust. Cityblocks felt best to me. Tried Tazers, they were OK.

Not sure it they water the track or not. Guess I'll find out tomorrow and make my final decision from there.
Not Sure if they have proline Blockades for SC but thats the tire of choice up there. I ran the X2 compound last time there and it was just as dusty if not worst... And yes they do water between rounds.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info Larry. Those were in the bag too. With water the Blockades might be the ticket. They do make 'em for SC.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/j21c5_6U-hI
http://youtu.be/UpMuTrNyf_Y

Check this out, and I'm sure us nitro guys are making a crap load more of dust, those blockades were a gem.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey everyone, We will be closed Saturday August 24. Going to the Nat's in Enfield.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
http://youtu.be/j21c5_6U-hI
http://youtu.be/UpMuTrNyf_Y

Check this out, and I'm sure us nitro guys are making a crap load more of dust, those blockades were a gem.
that track has a nice flow to it ,looks smooth and clean ...
Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

When's the next trophy race?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really? Like 9 trophy races this summer wasn't enough already?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.