Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

OK guys, its lookin like August 18th for our trophy race. There's sposed to be a new layout too. I'll be at the track tomorrow night and I'll be sure to post for certain the date.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EricW
Had a good time last night after being away for a few weeks. Wow, people have gotten fast in 17.5 SC.
Have we? Have we? Have we now?

I also agree with rimracker your avatar is a bit creepy.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Couple of quick items...

This Weds Night Worlds will be a give-away night, not sure exactly what John plans on giving away. I know a great night of racing outdoors and free stuff is always welcome.

There is a 1/8th scale Brian Deegan "Metal Mulisha" Short Course/Buggy on sale in the shop.

Thanks to Ducky, Willy B. and Trevor, there is now only ONE Tekno 4X4 SC left on hand and will go fast.

Dr. Joe there is still a 10.2 on hand with your name on it.

Hope to see everyone for some awesome WNW outdoor racing.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Just remembered...

For those that haven't been back in a while there have been a few changes...
1. Weds Night Worlds will now be outdoors until it snows.
2. There is talks of a Novelty race in the first snow of the season, so get your electronics buttoned up and water proofed as this may be a hilarious and fun event.
3. The air compressor has been moved outside of the pitting area and the temps in the pits are much cooler because of it.
4. As always if you bring it we will try and find a class for you to race it in; i.e. Vintage and Mod SC.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I went thru the instructions....this thing looks awesome. Ducky probably has his built already. Gonna clean off the workbench and get started on it tonight.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by willyb
Well I went thru the instructions....this thing looks awesome. Ducky probably has his built already. Gonna clean off the workbench and get started on it tonight.
Ducky probably had the diffs built on the way home..

Trevor bought one too?.. welcome all to the winning team.
Ed and John B are going to be all alone.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me likey shiny!

All I can say so far after building the diffs is "why did no one else think of this?" So easy, everything is keyed so it's no hassle assembly. AE and Losi should be ashamed!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Slayer
OK guys, its lookin like August 18th for our trophy race. There's sposed to be a new layout too. I'll be at the track tomorrow night and I'll be sure to post for certain the date.
I'm going to try like hell to make it down for this though I've got some FFF (Forced Family Fun) that weekend.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Ducky probably had the diffs built on the way home..

Trevor bought one too?.. welcome all to the winning team.
Ed and John B are going to be all alone.
you guys are going to love it. it's so easy to drive. tuning is a breeze. the build was definitely real nice, too. plus, it looks like a beast!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

couple tips on the tekno:

-read page 1 for build tips any potential upgrades.
-build is real simple and easy; watch out for the rear inner camber link screw. see page 1 of the tekno thread
-look into getting an aluminum servo horn. everyone says it's a must on the truck as the plastic one strips out.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh you guys are killin' me. If I had the space on my shelf, and if I could stop my wallet from having vintage diarrhea, I might get one of these Tekno Rave Drum 'n Bass thingies...
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stickboy007
Oh you guys are killin' me. If I had the space on my shelf, and if I could stop my wallet from having vintage diarrhea, I might get one of these Tekno Rave Drum 'n Bass thingies...
haha. Reinaldo, I have a solution for you. Just give me your Avante Black Special vintage buggy. This way, you'll have room for the tekno. lol. jk
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

These vehicles are for rednecks or those who aspire to be rednecks....no soup for you lol. By the way my wallet doesn't know what its in for yet....still gotta get electronics.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You wish, Phu There should be a couple left on eBay for about a bazillion dollars and half a soul...

I think the real solution is to get another shelf (very American solution - add more space). The bottom two shelves on my new shelf unit are filled with books (damn that literacy - 4x4 SC drivers aren't supposed to be literate!). I want to put a bookshelf in the living room, and that will make space for more r/c bling in my r/c bling room.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Fit and finish so far on the Tekno build has been top notch. Someone really thought about this thing. Must have been all that book learnin' :P

If switching the direction of the screw inner rear camber link is the only issue with the entire build then they're leaps ahead of AE's 4X4. There were pages of stuff on that board on things you needed to do to keep it from teating itself apart.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.