Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
  #22471  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newhaven ***RCHR***
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricW
I've been looking for electric onroad racing close to Meriden and can't find a place. So I'm thinking of making the switch to offroad.

So what's the most popular class you guys run? What brand has the best support from the shop for parts?
Really depends on your taste of racing. 17.5 Short course is super popular yet not the cleanest, 2wd Mod buggy is also popular with pretty clean driving... Then theres Mod short course and 4x4 short course, mod truck and 4wd buggy.... Id say come on down and just get an idea of what you'd like to run, you can run anyone of the guys vehicles to see if you like it....
jaron_cc is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
  #22472  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Willow Spring NC
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I was running 16/62 with the Tekin 5.5 at Ed's shop and temping 150 after 8 min, but it felt like a dog. I've got a Pro4 4600kV in there now. I started at 13/62 and was at 160 in 4 min. I went down to 11/62 and managed high 170s in the main, but I wasn't squeezing the the trigger.



It felt good, but got worse throughout the night. Something is clicking, and it's not the 1-way.
Yeah the manual calls for 13/62 on the 5.5 so you were pretty far off on the gearing. Oh if you are running an rx8 I would also use the limiter. Either of the pro4 motors have way more punch then we can use on the indoor track.

Then as Larry said. Just get to 30 laps and you are in the game.
tschenck is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
  #22473  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

13/62 was WAY too short. It would be completely wound out in 25-30' or so. The temps were good, but it seemed like it was dragging an anchor. One of the other guys was running a Trinity 5.5 with the same gearing and skying the triple. I couldn't do it if I tried.

Like I said, I just need to go through the truck, and check everything out. I know the rear diff needs a rebuild. I never bother to limit the compression on the shocks, so the outdrives wobble like crazy.

I'll get my 30 next week.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
  #22474  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
J-Fraz203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RCHR
Posts: 462
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Really depends on your taste of racing. 17.5 Short course is super popular yet not the cleanest, 2wd Mod buggy is also popular with pretty clean driving... Then theres Mod short course and 4x4 short course, mod truck and 4wd buggy.... Id say come on down and just get an idea of what you'd like to run, you can run anyone of the guys vehicles to see if you like it....
x2 we race wed and sat night come check us out...you'll have a blast.....!
J-Fraz203 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM
  #22475  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Wednesday @ 7pm
Saturday @ Noon

I'm out for racing Saturday, have a graduation to attend.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
  #22476  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
wfdfiremedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Good running with you guys last nite. Ill be back again for sure. I was running a losi scte 4x4.

Thanks

Chris
wfdfiremedic is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
  #22477  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
EricW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
Really depends on your taste of racing. 17.5 Short course is super popular yet not the cleanest, 2wd Mod buggy is also popular with pretty clean driving... Then theres Mod short course and 4x4 short course, mod truck and 4wd buggy.... Id say come on down and just get an idea of what you'd like to run, you can run anyone of the guys vehicles to see if you like it....
Thanks, I'll plan a visit sometime this week. I have a 12 year old son and it will probably be easier to get him involved if I go with offroad.
EricW is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
  #22478  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
TreadRCracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Does that mean you don't want it?
No, i want it. IDK the next time ill be at RCHR. I will probably be there next weekend

But i cant paypal. have no more money on it
TreadRCracing is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
  #22479  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I live in New Haven. Let me know when and where to drop it off. I have to setting by Home Depot anyway.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
  #22480  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
jberlenbach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricW
I've been looking for electric onroad racing close to Meriden and can't find a place. So I'm thinking of making the switch to offroad.

So what's the most popular class you guys run? What brand has the best support from the shop for parts?
Indoor off-road at RCHR is a blast. 2wd buggy & 17.5 2wd short course are the steady classes.

I also race 1/10 pan car & 1/12 pan car oval at Pinshop Hobbies in Oakville
jberlenbach is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
  #22481  
Suspended
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Track
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
13/62 was WAY too short. It would be completely wound out in 25-30' or so. The temps were good, but it seemed like it was dragging an anchor. One of the other guys was running a Trinity 5.5 with the same gearing and skying the triple. I couldn't do it if I tried.

Like I said, I just need to go through the truck, and check everything out. I know the rear diff needs a rebuild. I never bother to limit the compression on the shocks, so the outdrives wobble like crazy.

I'll get my 30 next week.
must have been that BALLCUP
sc10guy is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  #22482  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
eper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new milford, CT.
Posts: 2,622
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hey lamar I forgot but I ran a fan on my tekin 5.5 when I ra the 4x4. Are you runnikng the rx8?
eper is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
  #22483  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

No, speed passion. I shouldn't need a fan because I'm not driving it hard, and it's geared pretty low.

I'm tearing it apart and I'll have it figured out this weekend.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
  #22484  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
taco94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conn.
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jberlenbach
Indoor off-road at RCHR is a blast. 2wd buggy & 17.5 2wd short course are the steady classes.

I also race 1/10 pan car & 1/12 pan car oval at Pinshop Hobbies in Oakville
Just be careful when using that inside line, sir.
taco94 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM
  #22485  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
Hi Guys !
Brandon gonna come visit soon? The whole track is going AE, OH THE HORROR

Originally Posted by taco94
Ballcup!!!!!!
Had a great time tonight. Plenty of fun.
Awesome battle in the main, Rick. Kept me on my toes for a long time.
Fraz, funniest marshalling evers in the 2wd b main. Haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Great job driving Ducky and Taco, I was my own worst enemy last nite, very FRUSTRATING finding the pipe again and again. I need to take a valium before the main I seem to do better in the qualifiers.

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
Good running with you guys last nite. Ill be back again for sure. I was running a losi scte 4x4.
Thanks
Chris
Always good to see new faces, looks like your new tires worked well for you 2nd place in the main

Tom the switch to AE was the right move for you, you are much more aggressive with your driving and only getting faster.
rimracker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.