Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i've run on all these tracks alot and honestly when rchr is dry and has square edge holes i can eat a set of tires in 1 night not to mention ruin the rims by sliding sideways into 1 of them holes. i would donate money and time to help out with getting a better surface. once we went clay the facility would stay a bit cleaner due to less dust. but once a layout is down its really hard to lay down a new layout. clay is not easy to work with and we would all need to pitch in when ever there is a new layout going down. that being said when mark and john decide to put down the nex. tt layout just show up and help even if its with this dirt. not only to show our commitment but also once someone works and sweats building a track they wont stand there and watch someone bash into everything time and time again, theyll speak up and ask that driver to respect the track.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya I had my J Concepts Mono wheels brand new get a crack in them

Something that i noticed which was awesome, and can totally be done at RCHR, but i noticed it was much easier to drive consistent. I think I only crashed twice in my last qualifier, it was sweet!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've seen jimmy james come up short and move the cender blocks from jumps landing and the dirt didn't move.... It's just gonna take some time and effort to even get ours close to theres..[/QUOTE]

TRUE[/QUOTE]

who me i don't remember hitting a cinder block but every time i come up short theres little to no movement of the dirt but when like 20 buggies come short you have a huge crater in the middle of the jump
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

CT Racer I see in your sig your looking for a sc10 4x4. If so I have one for sale
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CT RACER
I've seen jimmy james come up short and move the cender blocks from jumps landing and the dirt didn't move.... It's just gonna take some time and effort to even get ours close to theres..
TRUE[/QUOTE]
who me i don't remember hitting a cinder block but every time i come up short theres little to no movement of the dirt but when like 20 buggies come short you have a huge crater in the middle of the jump[/QUOTE]

No not you smartness a driver from rce.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaron_cc
TRUE
who me i don't remember hitting a cinder block but every time i come up short theres little to no movement of the dirt but when like 20 buggies come short you have a huge crater in the middle of the jump[/QUOTE]

No not you smartness a driver from rce.[/QUOTE]

oh ok sorry
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by J-Fraz203
CT Racer I see in your sig your looking for a sc10 4x4. If so I have one for sale
ya i am how much for it and will you be at the track sat with it?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CT RACER
ya i am how much for it and will you be at the track sat with it?
ill be there tomorrow night. ill bring it then and leave it in my pit spot if you want (behind larry)so you can check it out... i want 350 for it as it sits it has a 3s novak esc and a brand new sc4x 5.5 motor and a savox servo. i also have origanal box and manual and spare parts.it sits on a set of DD greens and has stock wheels and tires...
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by J-Fraz203
ill be there tomorrow night. ill bring it then and leave it in my pit spot if you want (behind larry)so you can check it out... i want 350 for it as it sits it has a 3s novak esc and a brand new sc4x 5.5 motor and a savox servo. i also have origanal box and manual and spare parts.it sits on a set of DD greens and has stock wheels and tires...
ok thanks frazz ill take a look at it and let you know thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
i've run on all these tracks alot and honestly when rchr is dry and has square edge holes i can eat a set of tires in 1 night not to mention ruin the rims by sliding sideways into 1 of them holes. i would donate money and time to help out with getting a better surface. once we went clay the facility would stay a bit cleaner due to less dust. but once a layout is down its really hard to lay down a new layout. clay is not easy to work with and we would all need to pitch in when ever there is a new layout going down. that being said when mark and john decide to put down the nex. tt layout just show up and help even if its with this dirt. not only to show our commitment but also once someone works and sweats building a track they wont stand there and watch someone bash into everything time and time again, theyll speak up and ask that driver to respect the track.

Unfortunately throwing money at this will not be enough, like Tom said clay can be incredibly difficult to work with. I'm sure most tracks cut the clay with a sand or top soil mix. I think it's great that everyone is willing to donate money and offer to help out. You have to look at it from Mark and Johns point of view, How many times do they have to ask for corner marshals? This will be much more difficult than marshaling...
Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motofan747
Ya I had my J Concepts Mono wheels brand new get a crack in them

Something that i noticed which was awesome, and can totally be done at RCHR, but i noticed it was much easier to drive consistent. I think I only crashed twice in my last qualifier, it was sweet!
+1

Another reason for loving clay.

And wilson ill be there in 2 weeks. Got new tires, boddies, and a new remote. Im ready!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stop whining ! Hahahaha

Be glad you have a track and a good hobby store with quality parts.

Where I'm going, it's an awesome track, with alot of traxxas parts on the wall. You have to cross your fingers not to break on the sky high jumps
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
Stop whining ! Hahahaha

Be glad you have a track and a good hobby store with quality parts.

Where I'm going, it's an awesome track, with alot of traxxas parts on the wall. You have to cross your fingers not to break on the sky high jumps
There's always a trade off. Excellent racing surface or stocked hobby shop. Not to mention parts are what a next day away seeing all of them are shipped from that neck of the woods, um yeah. And not to mention your going to the Mecca of Rc anyway so shut your mouth there mister frank root is awaiting my arrival lmao.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

For those that were intrigued by the video "The story of stuff", here is a video of an example in the food industry...19 minutes long

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
i hear you tom just send me a call or pm and ill be there to help out. i hate seeing hardwork go to waste.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.