R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #151
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
Everything sounds good mark. now I might have to check out a 2wd buggy though. First I will wait and see if thats the bigger class at your track. If is is I will probably pick up an rb5 unless you think the b4 would be better?

See you saturday.
The Kyosho RB5 is a nice car, you should get a set of Titanium tierods when you buy the car as it comes with steel turnbuckles. Other things I would suggest.... consider getting the optional axles to use AE/losi rear wheels. I here lots of good stuff about the car, and I've had Kyle Rhodes RB5 sitting on my shelf at the hobby shop I've been checking out. I'll be working on setting up an account with Kyosho and HRP distributors to carry the kits and parts for the Kyosho cars tonight.

I like the B4, there is always something new for me to try with the car, even after running for 6 or so years its been out. Parts are easy to get and are cheap. The car typically runs a little loose in the rear end with out making some modifications - which I'll be happy to share with you should you get a B4.

Also, another car which I think will run good is the X-Factory X-6. I checked over Chris Proctor's v.1 a while ago and I think with the new 4 gear transmission and some track and tune time, it will be a really good car, I'll be working on developing a relationship with that company as well.

I'll be carrying The Losi cars as well, which are good in there own right, but I think future development with the cars will be slow. I be bugging James Schlick quite often about making sure we have up to date setup sheets for the Losi cars.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #152
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any changes on the tires? Still looking like ifmars/holsehots or somethnig else?

Also, what is the pit setup like? Just curious if we should bring chairs, etc.?

Thanks
Jeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mark the guys over here want to know is it a Trophy race. Or just opening day.
LI Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

thanks mark. I though Kyle had sold the kyosho to proctor months ago since he went back to the b4. You know if kyle wants to sell that one?

Last edited by tschenck; 03-12-2008 at 06:03 PM.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

tom i will sell ya mine, it has 2 packs ran through it. with every hop up possible. i bought it new from les, and it came with every goodie that im aware of
thedoc329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #156
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeel View Post
Any changes on the tires? Still looking like ifmars/holsehots or somethnig else?

Also, what is the pit setup like? Just curious if we should bring chairs, etc.?

Thanks
No change on the tire situation, Holeshots are a pretty safe bet at the moment. I would suggest a few people bring chairs, we have around 20 or so and I just don't know if that will be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
Hey Mark the guys over here want to know is it a Trophy race. Or just opening day.
I have some 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals (kinda like the Olympics) for the classes, A podium to take pictures on and some nice girls to stand next to the podium and hand out the medals. I think it can be called a trophy race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
thanks mark. I though Kyle had sold the kyosho to proctor months ago since he went back to the b4. You know if kyle wants to sell that one?
Proctor's deal is a good one and I have no idea if Kyle is selling his, although he probably would.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc329 View Post
tom i will sell ya mine, it has 2 packs ran through it. with every hop up possible. i bought it new from les, and it came with every goodie that im aware of
you have a PM on it.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm am not sure if I am going to sell the kyosho, but I probably will. Also have you taken a look at those motors yet mark. If you get a chance can you take the good solder tabs and put them in the other motor that would be great because I am down to one motor for 4wd, a 13.5.
Thanks Kyle.

Last edited by krhodes12; 03-13-2008 at 06:17 AM.
krhodes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #159
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what are your guys' feelings on the losi xxx-cr? Any good?

thanks,
chris
wfdfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Damn, one of my trophy girls has been sick these past couple days, not sure if she'll make it on Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes12 View Post
I'm am not sure if I am going to sell the kyosho, but I probably will. Also have you taken a look at those motors yet mark. If you get a chance can you take the good solder tabs and put them in the other motor that would be great because I am down to one motor for 4wd, a 13.5.
Thanks Kyle.
Haven't looked at them yet, but I'll take care of that for you Kyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic View Post
what are your guys' feelings on the losi xxx-cr? Any good?

thanks,
chris
Its a really good car, we should be getting 2 in stock by this Saturday. James Schlick, pretty much the top driver in our area right now, is sponsored by Losi and is trying to make it to the race on Saturday. He does really well with the xxx-cr.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #161
Tech Fanatic

Thanks alot Mark. I will try to get down there after work on saturday to check it out. Also the track looks really good.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #162
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes12 View Post
Thanks alot Mark. I will try to get down there after work on saturday to check it out. Also the track looks really good.
Thanks Kyle, what time are you getting off work? nice to see you posting by the way.

I left a message on the answering machine for X-Factory to get some inventory , But I doubt I'll get a response from them until they return from the Cactus Classic race at SRS in Arizona this weekend.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #163
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

im still waiting for my First Class Round trip Airline Ticket for the Grand Opening...
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #164
Tech Fanatic

I will be getting off at 5:00, but if there is nobody there I might be able to leave early.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully x-factory gets back to you soon mark.