R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   NORCAR: Cleveland Style at The Gate (https://www.rctech.net/forum/norcar-cleveland-style-gate-72/)
-   -   NORCAR - A new beginning (https://www.rctech.net/forum/norcar-cleveland-style-gate/549087-norcar-new-beginning.html)

CarbonJoe 09-08-2011 04:37 AM

NORCAR - A new beginning

Change is a part of life. Everything grows, evolves, or ultimately gets left behind. To understand where we are heading, we must first understand where we have been.

NORCAR (Northern Ohio Radio Controlled Auto Racers) was established in 1980, and merged folks who were racing in Northern Ohio with club racers in B.E.A.R. (Berea Electric Auto Racers). During the early 80’s NORCAR grew to be one of the largest organized R/C clubs in the United States. Some of today’s R/C industry leaders were part of, or board members of, NORCAR.

NORCAR has a long and distinguished list of accomplishments, including supporting one of the longest running annual races – The US Indoor Championships. Other major events that NORCAR has hosted include the Halloween Classic, ROAR Nationals, ROAR Regionals, ROAR Off-Road Regionals, and several oval series regional events. Many of today’s professional drivers started their love of R/C racing at NORCAR.

Through the years NORCAR has always tried to provide a world class track, timing and scoring program, and racing environment for all to enjoy. This has been made possible by dedicated club members, who have built the foundation we enjoy today. The list of people who have made significant contributions of time and resources to NORCAR could fill an entire page. NORCAR would like to thank those who have been a part of its history!

Today, we continue to move NORCAR forward. A new group of volunteers has transitioned into the NORCAR Board. Our goal is to continue the great work that has been done by our predecessors, and build on its foundation. If you have been out to NORCAR recently, you may have seen/noticed some of the continued improvements we have implemented. If you haven’t stopped by the track recently, please do!

The future of NORCAR depends on its club members, which is why we are bringing back NORCAR club memberships! Click here for additional information on joining the club. Help keep the tradition of excellence in R/C racing alive. Be an active member in NORCAR, and help move us into the future.

Thank you,
NORCAR Board

Membership Benefits:

Membership fee - $50 for Sept 2011 - Sept 2012 (two payments of $25)

* $5 off race entry for first class on point race dates

* Premier pit space at large race events

* Voting rights on NORCAR business

* The ability to run for the board

* End of year party

Lessen 09-08-2011 06:02 AM

Im in.

kingbee9 09-08-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lessen (Post 9630970)
Im in.

+1

sg1 09-10-2011 04:43 AM

I'll be signing up today at the test and tune :)

DrunkMike 09-10-2011 05:14 AM

Sign me up.

Lessen 09-10-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by sg1 (Post 9639241)
I'll be signing up today at the test and tune :)

As will I. See ya there!

Fuzzy 09-21-2011 10:29 AM

Hey guys! I just moved into a new house, so I probably won't make it out there until the next road race on 10/22. Tell me where to send payment for my membership please. Sounds like things are going pretty well and the club has a fresh start.

CarbonJoe 09-21-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 9686136)
Hey guys! I just moved into a new house, so I probably won't make it out there until the next road race on 10/22. Tell me where to send payment for my membership please. Sounds like things are going pretty well and the club has a fresh start.

Hi David! Hope things are going well with you and your family. Just bring your membership fee with you on Oct. 22nd.

Micro_Racer 09-30-2011 06:13 AM

NORCAR currently has 23 members! I know we have many, many, more R/C racers in Northern Ohio! Club membership is essential for the growth of NORCAR. If you haven't signed up, please do. :nod:

Fuzzy 01-30-2012 06:32 AM

I'm coming out to run on Feb 12th. I'll pay my dues then. How much is it again?

CarbonJoe 01-30-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 10249438)
I'm coming out to run on Feb 12th. I'll pay my dues then. How much is it again?

$25 for the half year. It will be good to see you at the track again. Hope things are going well for you.

See you on the 12th.

Fuzzy 01-31-2012 11:56 AM

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I just got done watching the Rolex 24 and my racing juices started flowing again. I assume 12th stock is still "blinky" rules?

CarbonJoe 01-31-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 10256431)
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I just got done watching the Rolex 24 and my racing juices started flowing again. I assume 12th stock is still "blinky" rules?

That was an amazing final stint from AJ Allmendinger.

Yes sir, still blinky for 1/12 stock.

old_dude 02-01-2012 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe (Post 10256636)
That was an amazing final stint from AJ Allmendinger.

Yes sir, still blinky for 1/12 stock.

I watched most of that last three hours and he really did show them how it is done. I think he and Brad K. are going to be a good pair for Pensky this year.

M3Roc 04-03-2013 08:08 AM

Just found out about this place. My brother lives on 303 about 10 mins away and im about 25 mins away. Gonna try and make it out to visit on 4/6 and check out the place. Don't have my car yet but working on it. Hopefully soon enough ill get my brother to join with me..