Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

1/8 onroad setup help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

the track i race at is halifax in the uk only at club level so i would think you
could class this as very low grip tyres mainly 32f/35r
Old 07-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rick oxley
the track i race at is halifax in the uk only at club level so i would think you
could class this as very low grip tyres mainly 32f/35r
hey rick u might want to try 35shore all around or 32 all around, if u are not really good at setting up your car using softer shore in the front can cause the rear to be highly unstable I see this so many times guys having so much trouble with the rear then I make them put the same shore all around and it goes away just a thought, and I will give u another tip people overlook a lot can be done from your remote to help with the car, example a lot of guys run out and think they need the fastest servo"s not true at all I use a .15 speed and still on some tracks I slow it down if its too fast it causes what I call the whip effect and its throwing the rear around too fast... also play with the steering epa u don't need 100 percent to make the car turn sometimes just by lowering the epa makes the car a lot more stable and it can take as alittle as just going from 95 to 93 to make a big diff. ...just some tips
Old 07-19-2017, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
hey rick u might want to try 35shore all around or 32 all around, if u are not really good at setting up your car using softer shore in the front can cause the rear to be highly unstable I see this so many times guys having so much trouble with the rear then I make them put the same shore all around and it goes away just a thought, and I will give u another tip people overlook a lot can be done from your remote to help with the car, example a lot of guys run out and think they need the fastest servo"s not true at all I use a .15 speed and still on some tracks I slow it down if its too fast it causes what I call the whip effect and its throwing the rear around too fast... also play with the steering epa u don't need 100 percent to make the car turn sometimes just by lowering the epa makes the car a lot more stable and it can take as alittle as just going from 95 to 93 to make a big diff. ...just some tips
I always try to figure out the remotes steering setting, besides epa, do you set curve? is it better to have the beginning slower than faster at the end or the other way around ?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
I always try to figure out the remotes steering setting, besides epa, do you set curve? is it better to have the beginning slower than faster at the end or the other way around ?
No I would not mess with the curve and settings like that just the speed and era, remeber the speed of these cars just alittle touch and the car moves in that direction so having a fast servo just makes it whip around more..
Old 07-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the tips ralph already got the servo at 40% speed do not like a responsive car, and last time testing found 90% epa gave more steering than
100% but maybe more testing to find best epa. as for tyres just followed
everyone else so far but defanatly worth a try. on a side note does adding or
taking out caster effect the optimal epa iam thinking too much caster plus
large steering angles could reduce the contact patch and reduce total steering
Old 07-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the tips ralph already got the servo at 40% speed do not like a responsive car, and last time testing found 90% epa gave more steering than
yes too much of an angle will cause the inside of the front tire to lift and what worse if u run a 2 camber and your running for awhile and the tire is worn in to its camber at 2 then when it lifts its like the whole tire is off the ground and its just riding on the outside edge very little contact patch, I try to keep the arms in the middle..
Old 07-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Get your car to push, first. What car and overdrive are you using?

"Firmer" front tires with stiffer front springs. "Softer" rear tires and softer rear springs. Once it pushes - then work the setup until you are comfortable with the grip and front rear balance.

EPA, servo speeds, caster and camber are "fine tuning" elements. Get your car to push first.
Serpent-Dan likes this.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ralph, where do you live/race?
Old 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Ralph, where do you live/race?
New york USA, race all over the USA
Old 07-19-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Is there any tracks up that way? I saw that walo was on some of your time sheets. I met him at Toledo a couple months ago. I'm in the D.C. Area. It would be nice to find a track less than 8 hours away to run 8th scale.
Serpent-Dan likes this.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Is there any tracks up that way? I saw that walo was on some of your time sheets. I met him at Toledo a couple months ago. I'm in the D.C. Area. It would be nice to find a track less than 8 hours away to run 8th scale.
We ran last Sunday at Jackson rc it's a little small but all we have right now so it was fun, don't u have that Debbie's rc track down in Virginia?
Do they race there?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

a pic of the sway bar I made for my mrx6 so much better then the stock wire
Attached Thumbnails 1/8 onroad setup help-sway-bar.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

We race at johns mobile near Baltimore but only sedan. Debbie's is closing. I don't think they ran 8th scale there though.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

We race at johns mobile near Baltimore but only sedan. Debbie's is closing. I don't think they ran 8th scale there though.
And no 8th at John's I spoke to him and asked if he woukd run 8th he said no pretty stupid of him but is what it is..
Old 07-20-2017, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

It's a pretty small setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.