R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Did somebody say HPI RTR? There are so many other cars out with 2spds & tuned pipes. The HPI RTR is no longer the best bang for the buck. Heck (OT, big time) 3 weeks ago I saw an Ofna Z-10 hanging with a pair of Impulses. The driver couldnt beat the Impulses. But they couldnt lap the Z-10 in a 10 minute heat.
Foger Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 03:10 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

I can't see why you guys are saying that the impulse needs all these hop ups? I have a stock impulse, with the side exhaust mega engine and i have no trouble at all keeping up with the others on a straightaway. Guys, all that aluminum and carbon fibre don't make you a better driver, niether will the kind of car.
Get the car that has the best parts availiblility they are all very competitive cars, btw i live in Canada and i can find any part for my serpent in any of the lhs' in my city, the price is the same or close to the others (yokomo,V1R,mugen).
If it was me (because it was about a year ago) i would get the serpent, it is a TANK. Trust me this was my first car, and i have yet to break a part! i've had it for a year too!
The only things i have broken are servo gears and rims. The car is very strong. That might have something to do with the extra cost of the parts (it's worth it if you ask me).

Just my $0.02
Destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 05:07 PM   #48
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Destrega
I can't see why you guys are saying that the impulse needs all these hop ups? I have a stock impulse, with the side exhaust mega engine and i have no trouble at all keeping up with the others on a straightaway. Guys, all that aluminum and carbon fibre don't make you a better driver, niether will the kind of car.
Get the car that has the best parts availiblility they are all very competitive cars, btw i live in Canada and i can find any part for my serpent in any of the lhs' in my city, the price is the same or close to the others (yokomo,V1R,mugen).
If it was me (because it was about a year ago) i would get the serpent, it is a TANK. Trust me this was my first car, and i have yet to break a part! i've had it for a year too!
The only things i have broken are servo gears and rims. The car is very strong. That might have something to do with the extra cost of the parts (it's worth it if you ask me).

Just my $0.02
There make no difference for any car on the straightaway. The difference is that how different is the car act on corners!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 11:36 PM   #49
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Does any one know when the V one RR is coming out? or better yet to the states

by the way what do you think the street price gonna be on this one
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 01:12 AM   #50
Tech Regular

In the 400's US is my guess.......... maybe just below.
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 03:20 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by opel92
In the 400's US is my guess.......... maybe just below.
I would say that the kit will be kind of around 250 as the price of its "clone" reflex cannibalizes the V1R !
Old 11-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #52
Tech Regular

True, True............ Try to block out the pain Manticore, block it out.....
Old 11-10-2001, 07:19 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Quote:
True, True............ Try to block out the pain Manticore, block it out.....
still awaiting the ORIGINAL parts for Lola body !!
Old 11-10-2001, 07:21 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Sourcing problems....... whats the go with that? I though that there would be no problems for u over there
Old 11-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #55
Tech Regular

HeyAlignmentGuy......

I wonder whether the release will be put back due to the trinity release????? any thoughts?
Old 11-10-2001, 07:34 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Sourcing problems....... whats the go with that? I though that there would be no problems for u over there
new parts have not arrived yet !!
Old 11-10-2001, 07:34 PM   #57
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Yea I think we are gonna have to wait till maybe next year but who knows,All I know is that I really like my V one R and with the improvements that Kyosho has made and with trinity copying the car, It just rases the bar for a quality kit

I am hopeing Manticore is right $250 or so should be fine I like to choose my own engine

So how bad is the terrifs Down Under Gots to be Killing your wallet
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:35 PM   #58
Tech Champion

Quote:
HeyAlignmentGuy......

I wonder whether the release will be put back due to the trinity release????? any thoughts?
they are different market.

The RR is for Pure racing i.e. Lola body and high end performance.

the reflex is still focus on touring car and most of the hop up you find there are eye candies.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:37 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Yea I think we are gonna have to wait till maybe next year but who knows,All I know is that I really like my V one R and with the improvements that Kyosho has made and with trinity copying the car, It just rases the bar for a quality kit

I am hopeing Manticore is right $250 or so should be fine I like to choose my own engine

So how bad is the terrifs Down Under Gots to be Killing your wallet
japanese are flash now a day as the world changes so fast. I am sure the RR will be available anytime at least in Hong Kong.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:44 PM   #60
Tech Regular

We are not so bad on kits (V One R is about $700) but it is accessories that tend to kill us........... hop ups for the V one R are as dear as poison e.g. $100 for the carbon brake mount. If we hupped up the V One R to RR spec i would think that it would be $1000 plus........ The hobby is very dear over here if you want to start out with the best quality you can buy.... That could cost u easy $1500 plus to start with the V One R with car, radio, batteries and tools. . Our dollar is worth around half of the US dollar.