Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sweet , I guess it's time to look into a GT3. WTG Kyosho
Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1966ss
These 4* hubs will certainly fit the GT2 A arm. I have a GT2 and an mp9. Looking at both front arms I’m going with they will work. I wil try an mp9 hub on a Gt2 arm. I’m sure at this point using a mp9 knuckle will be easiest. Pics coming.
This would be very nice 1966s! Chances are good they fit, but a confirmation would be better, of course . Do you plan to race your GT2 with the new hubs again?
After noticing Kyosho will release the new hubs yesterday and with the new hubs in mind quite likely fitting the GT/GT2, i ended up ordering a ton of parts to improve my electric GT.... lightweight chassis, aluminum rear hubs, center mount, knuckle arms, front hinge pin mounts, threaded KFactory hinge pins (!), 3D Bumper and more.....

Last edited by cerberoz; 03-21-2018 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Caster Fix !!

Originally Posted by noproblems209
about damn time!!!!
Wow, Imagine my SURPRISE........the guys are talking about the 'unobtainium car parts' !! I had all but thought it would never happen. (thanks wkloppen !) I left a 'question' on the Tower Hobby site asking for clarification to their claim for the 'adjustability' on the GT2 and GT3 product descriptions. The reply referred me to 'contact Kyosho directly' and gave an address in California and a phone number that I didn't know existed. But now I give a big sigh..... No longer my problem !!

4 degree carrier means they've backed out a whopping 9 degrees according to the info I got off my GT1/GT2 pieces my engineer worked with. The chassis 'kickup', measured with my iphone function said was 7 degrees. The stock carriers were a disgusting 13 degrees and even worse if you had the 'optional' pieces available for 'off-road'. Then your total was a miserable 22+ degrees......nothing I could use 'on-road'.

The MP9 car suspension is so different than the GT1/GT2 that I didn't try modding those onto the earlier chassis. There are going to be some really interesting things to see and talk about in the pits as the Kyosho cars ooze back into view. My screen saver photo is actually my 2d place finish against a guy in Los Angeles that had a GT2 Kyosho. I actually regretted having given him some 'hints' in the pits. I couldn't quite catch him with my Serpent 1.0+. I didn't get back to ask him if he had modded the 'caster devil'.

cerberoz......Jeff Vargas was the first I know of that tried to get Kyosho to fix the caster. He made the first carriers that Mike Lyday (Joliet, Ill) ran and was 'the guy to beat'. There are a couple others that had them and when Kyosho was the only brand on the track, the cars with the ability to turn were tough to beat.

mrlahey......Jeff's Ipanema body seems more conducive to use on the long chassis, I didn't ever use it because I prefer the GT1. It was sold for use on either but I couldn't use it. Guys that did use it liked the down force and good action in the corners.

The new parts are 'so pretty', I've got to get a 'blow up' of that photo....'suitable for framing' for 'the hobby room' !!

This is going to be an interesting season !! I just signed up for the 'opener' for the brand new track in Fontana, CA. (Steel City Speedway) I used to live just 30 minutes away from Fontana......now I have to drive 13 hours !! (my primary car is Mugen MGT7 and backup is Serpent 1.0+ and maybe with engine change I won't have to use the backup again......been chasing 'GREMLIN' that developed after wreck at full speed 'backwards' ) All my Kyosho cars are 'in dry dock' (7.5 and 777)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

https://www.cmc-versand.de/en/Kyosho...rnr-8-K.IGW061

Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default The camber/caster nerd tool

For the nerds like me hereby once more the updated camber gain relative to caster, steering axis inclination and steering angle tool. Just fill in the 3 values in the black fields and there you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Note 1: The sheet does not take into account the camber gain due to the suspension travel.

Note 2: You don't have to download the sheet or submit something. Just fill it out and the graph will change dynamically. (Note: values on the Y-axis change as well in order to keep the scale).

w.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Good to see Kyosho finally solved this
Old 03-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok.....my mp9 13* aluminum C hubs fit the A arm of the gt2 100%!!! The gt2 steering Knuckles do fit as well!!! This swap will require the mp9 knuckle collars as well as the mp9 spec’d 4x10 and 4x16mm king pin cap screw.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Anybody know when these gt3 4* hubs will be available in the US? Thank you
Old 03-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok.....my mp9 13* aluminum C hubs fit the A arm of the gt2 100%!!! The gt2 steering Knuckles do fit as well!!! This swap will require the mp9 knuckle collars as well as the mp9 spec’d 4x10 and 4x16mm king pin cap screw.
Great! Thank you 1966s!
Do the mp9 rear hubs also fit?
With the 0 degree hubs and new the new aluminum parts you can run a total caster from 7 degree (kick-up) up to 13 degree (7,9,11,13)

@wlkloppen nice nerdy tool you made there, really impressive! Dont have decided yet, which body to choose for the nitro, but maybe i just run the audi

@scarry_jerry: perhaps time to change the mugen for the BIG K GT3
British Menace and wkloppen like this.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

>cerberoz......

I've stressed over Kyosho enough till present that I'm extremely happy with my Mugen MGT7. I was not too thrilled with the 1.0, 2.0>>>>>3.0, 3.1 genesis that local racers were chasing with the Serpent. The switch Kyosho did with GT (GT1) to GT2 was about all I needed and the 'caster fix' never came until many years later with the GT3......ignoring the 'Pro' (love that Sirio S24T).......the 'Race Spec'

I'll respectfully wait and watch for someone to 'brave the storm' with the GT3/MP3/TK14. Last season I had the steering servo finally give up after 3 years in my Cobra 1.0+ and I'm not real fond of the complexity of the access to that. MGT7 has had great 'fit/finish/feel' since day 1. My only problem has been fighting a motor I think got 'booogered' up in a crash that didn't phase the car otherwise.

I've still got the 'pet project' with wanting to get the carriers done for my 7.5 and 777 cars just for grins. That's WAY back in priority. The Serpent was my backup that became #1 car, then MGT7 dazzled me. The price of the GT3 has me saying 'no thanks'. The next 'fix' I hope Kyosho can bring themselves to realize is necessary is the gearing for the trans. It took them 'eons' to bring out the '2 shoe trans'. (I do miss the shift of the 40/46 gears)
N
I'm using all my 'juices' hoping for the MGT8 !! The XRay dropped off my radar when I saw that the 'caster devil' had some work needed. (and it's being addressed by some pretty 'savy guys' )

Until later.....watching with interest what develops with Kyosho's 'return from the grave' !!
British Menace and wkloppen like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
>cerberoz......

I've stressed over Kyosho enough till present that I'm extremely happy with my Mugen MGT7. I was not too thrilled with the 1.0, 2.0>>>>>3.0, 3.1 genesis that local racers were chasing with the Serpent. The switch Kyosho did with GT (GT1) to GT2 was about all I needed and the 'caster fix' never came until many years later with the GT3......ignoring the 'Pro' (love that Sirio S24T).......the 'Race Spec'

I'll respectfully wait and watch for someone to 'brave the storm' with the GT3/MP3/TK14. Last season I had the steering servo finally give up after 3 years in my Cobra 1.0+ and I'm not real fond of the complexity of the access to that. MGT7 has had great 'fit/finish/feel' since day 1. My only problem has been fighting a motor I think got 'booogered' up in a crash that didn't phase the car otherwise.

I've still got the 'pet project' with wanting to get the carriers done for my 7.5 and 777 cars just for grins. That's WAY back in priority. The Serpent was my backup that became #1 car, then MGT7 dazzled me. The price of the GT3 has me saying 'no thanks'. The next 'fix' I hope Kyosho can bring themselves to realize is necessary is the gearing for the trans. It took them 'eons' to bring out the '2 shoe trans'. (I do miss the shift of the 40/46 gears)
N
I'm using all my 'juices' hoping for the MGT8 !! The XRay dropped off my radar when I saw that the 'caster devil' had some work needed. (and it's being addressed by some pretty 'savy guys' )

Until later.....watching with interest what develops with Kyosho's 'return from the grave' !!
Well said Jerry
Old 03-30-2018, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cerberoz
This would be very nice 1966s! Chances are good they fit, but a confirmation would be better, of course . Do you plan to race your GT2 with the new hubs again?
After noticing Kyosho will release the new hubs yesterday and with the new hubs in mind quite likely fitting the GT/GT2, i ended up ordering a ton of parts to improve my electric GT.... lightweight chassis, aluminum rear hubs, center mount, knuckle arms, front hinge pin mounts, threaded KFactory hinge pins (!), 3D Bumper and more.....
Where did you find the k factory hinge pins?!?! Iv been looking for them.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Where did you find the k factory hinge pins?!?! Iv been looking for them.
pm sent.

Just in case, anybody else is searching for threaded inner hinge pins for the GT/GT2/MP777/ST-R(R) chassis, the HotBodies pins for their d815 buggy fit the kyosho, part number 109848.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cerberoz
pm sent.

Just in case, anybody else is searching for threaded inner hinge pins for the GT/GT2/MP777/ST-R(R) chassis, the HotBodies pins for their d815 buggy fit the kyosho, part number 109848.
Those look nice. I have a set of CEN pins that fit with a regular nut not the lock nuts. Part number gs026.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi new to this forum. Interested in getting the GT3 most likely I will convert to electric version it’s going to be real expensive but nitro is not an option for me now. I also have picture of Kyosho racing the GT3 at Kyosho World Cup with new Honda body. Seems to be the new NSX-GT but since i’m new I am not allow to post picture for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.